'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Personally reckon Barrett is not as bad as some think, but certainly did not "fit in" at Manly.
He didn't seem to have the players "fight for a bone" and really bust there guts on the field for him.
He may have some good attacking ideas, as many top class players agree on this, but at Manly just lacked bringing out the fight - seemed to go through the motions....and he did bask in too many excuses and the players did not seem accountable after a loss....either way good luck to him, but Dogs will still not become a title threat any time soon.

Last edited:

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I also attempted to give you a sensible answer with facts . What was it that you could not understand ? 2017 Bozo was head of football calling the shots , 2018 Bozo was not there and Trents Solo abysmal effort speaks for itself . I will tell you what is not sensible Trying to compare a failed rookie with a Premiership winning coach in Halser . No comparison !!!

OK .... I'll try again ... please refrain from answering with jingoistic memes or rants about Bozo .... simply give an answer to the questions ...

To remind you of the point ... I was saying that it is difficult to compare coaches

1) Do you judge Brad Arthur as a coach on his 2018 wooden spoon .... or the team he has put together and his results this year ?

2) Do you rate Ricky Stuart as a coach by his wooden spoons ... or his Easts Premiership and his results with the raiders for the past 3 years ?

3) Do you rate Paul Green as a coach by his 2 Grandfinals and a Premiership .... or his results this year ?

4) Do you rate Dessie as a coach by his 2 Premierships ... or his last 2 years at Bulldogs ?

Given the vast discrepancy in results attained by the same coaches ... only a moron .. or a clown ... would conclude anything other than that ... there are factors that determine results independent of who the coach is ....

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This will be the litmus test for pretty boy. Either his last gig or the beginning of a good career as a head coach. I personally can’t see success.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The mudia are so childish when coach's or players get talked about.

They usually drag out

this person is friends with this person
this person's parents are friends with this person's parents
this coach is etc etc

smh

I actually read that green may go to the broncos because "he is friends with Ikin...who may get the c.e.o job at brisbane.

If one of those little pigs could clutch at straws as well as these morons in the media do....the wolf could never have blown that pig's house down.

fmd.... I swear reading their drivel makes me less intelligent. (and who can afford that?)

Shoe1

Journey Man
my answers are below Woodsie:

1) Do you judge Brad Arthur as a coach on his 2018 wooden spoon .... or the team he has put together and his results this year ?

I judge him on the 2018 wooden spoon, and his sneaky evil nature.

2) Do you rate Ricky Stuart as a coach by his wooden spoons ... or his Easts Premiership and his results with the raiders for the past 3 years ?

I rate him by number of wooden spoons, and his temper tantrums

3) Do you rate Paul Green as a coach by his 2 Grandfinals and a Premiership .... or his results this year ?

I rate him based on his results this year, and obvious lack of ability to communicate

4) Do you rate Dessie as a coach by his 2 Premierships ... or his last 2 years at Bulldogs ?

I rate him on his 2 premierships and 5 grand final appearances. And ability to rebuild manly twice from bad spots.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ah I get it now , yes that would cement the situation.

I think Trent possibly is a good assistant coach but think he lacks a fair bit in being head coach , I can’t believe he’s fooled the Bulldogs board into believing he’s their saviour.

From afar, and considering the types of issues that surrounded manly at the time , and trent it looked like he lacked maturity as a coach. He never really looked in charge of himself.

The game plan managements wheels fell off in the barrett days and i get the impression cherry got the idea he didnt need to run the show from barrett and he should just be him.

Its hard to know if he has gained some maturity since , although in the snippets we hear he seems to lack humility which is often a pointer that the lesson has been lost,

As a player and as a coach he has always been touted ever since he was 16. He rarely delivered consistently but has some memorable moments. He looks to me like too many people have been telling him for too long that he is a top bloke because he is super likeable with some skills. Not sure these skills translate to cut throat coaching but i can see a spot for him on a ciaching staff because you need that

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
From afar, and considering the types of issues that surrounded manly at the time , and trent it looked like he lacked maturity as a coach. He never really looked in charge of himself.

The game plan managements wheels fell off in the barrett days and i get the impression cherry got the idea he didnt need to run the show from barrett and he should just be him.

Its hard to know if he has gained some maturity since , although in the snippets we hear he seems to lack humility which is often a pointer that the lesson has been lost,

As a player and as a coach he has always been touted ever since he was 16. He rarely delivered consistently but has some memorable moments. He looks to me like too many people have been telling him for too long that he is a top bloke because he is super likeable with some skills. Not sure these skills translate to cut throat coaching but i can see a spot for him on a ciaching staff because you need that
I think he’s probably an excellent assistant coach , such as he’s doing now.

The Who

Journey Man
... and all the 'journos' will be speculating on the players Manly and Penrith will lose because of their man-crush on him.
Hoppa Jnr has already been touted. Won't that cause Silvertails to go into meltdown if true?

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Journo's reports are filled with more "if's" than a stuttering kiwi reciting the alphabet.

The producers would like to add that no stuttering Kiwis were injured during the typing of this post ... and any resemblance to any fruit , or bird, or person, bearing that name or description ... is co-incidental and unintentional ....

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
If the Dogs grab young Hoppa, this will further demonstrate to me why its been a mistake not getting this kid into first grade asap. Said a while back, if you dont give the kids the chance they will go elsewhere. First Albert Hoppa. Schuster? I have the highest regard for Des but his conservative approach to bringing the kids through worries me. Manly have spent a lot of money bringing these kids through to this level. To see them depart before we can get them into firsts is not good judgment in my opinion. Ramien, Gutherson, Hargraves just to name a few. The Roosters and Storm would never allow this to happen

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
OK .... I'll try again ... please refrain from answering with jingoistic memes or rants about Bozo .... simply give an answer to the questions ...

To remind you of the point ... I was saying that it is difficult to compare coaches

Given the vast discrepancy in results attained by the same coaches ... only a moron .. or a clown ... would conclude anything other than that ... there are factors that determine results independent of who the coach is ....
Now you know how people get when you start getting factual on ST @Woodsie !
Repeat after me:
Twent is bad because he left us, even tho we didnt want him to begin with because hes not Manly!!
Des is good although he left us when we did want him but all is forgiven because hes Manly!!
Come back Keiran, we forgive you for leaving us when we really needed you and we have forgotten about all the threats of legal action and the likelihood that you put us into the salary cap auditor and caused us years of grief because you are Manly!
Now try to stay on the rails @Woodsie and stop with all this critical analysis malarkey!!!

Kevinward777

First Grader
Barrett has done nothing thus far as a head coach aside from under perform. Even when he had control of the best Toyota Cup side at Penrith he stunk the place up.

There is a vast difference between being a head coach and an assistant. The FACTS are that thus far, Trent has been an abject failure when steering the ship. Footy is a results driven business. His best results have been framed by his excuses and blame shifting to resemble a polished turd.

Kevinward777

First Grader
If Trent eventually wins a GF or a minor premiership then that would change. But let’s see him win one first hey. Until such time all we have to go on is his past form. That’s the fact.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14