'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Tomay

Bencher
He may have learned a few lessons after what happened. Unfortunately I don’t think he has the personality to inspire a team. The coaching tree that was the dragons when Barrett was there are all the same really - something that had carried on from that era where they should have been much better.

I liked some of his philosophies and approaches. The other aspects of coaching were worrying. If he wants to be one of the boys again it’s going to be a tough slog for the bulldogs.

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Given club nursed him through 2 x acl I assume he repay time invested to some degree.
Yes true, a few dollars will also help.

The club managed to keep him in 2018 and making him part of the 30 in 2019. Hoping that’s enough to retain Albert for a few seasons and longer.

winnyason

Bencher
The Hopoates have always been mercenaries chasing the dollar as they need to feed the whole family
Haha how true, I wonder if William chasing of the dollar helped him achieve his footy goals after year 1 ? He not played origin again nor played in any finals.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Buzz Rothfield mentioned on radio this morning that John Cartwright will link up with Barrett as an assistant coach at the Bulldogs.
Also said that while Manly have managed their cap very well, the club are worried given Barrett’s closeness with the playing group of him looking to recruit from his old club.
Happy for Cartwright to go if so.

He has been a good servant but we need to continue re-Manlyfying after the disastrous Zoolander experiment.

D

Deleted member 26876

I doubt Carty will go to the dogs if Des wants to keep him.
I don't really know why we'd want to keep him. He never really seemed to give us much. Our attack was ok (albeit chaotic and unstructured) and our defence was **** with Tbaz and him. Now Hasler has miraculously revamped our defence and our attack isn't anything too thrilling yet (mainly due to injuries). Therefore he's not a defensive nor attacking genius and is very expendible. Infact, I'd even say that I'd rather we get rid of him and bring in a motivational individual like Toovs to fire our forwards and backline up.

Carty just seems like a plain old trainer, while it is great in theory to have a former head coach I think there are plenty of better options out there to bring something new to our side.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
He may have learned a few lessons after what happened. Unfortunately I don’t think he has the personality to inspire a team. The coaching tree that was the dragons when Barrett was there are all the same really - something that had carried on from that era where they should have been much better.

I liked some of his philosophies and approaches. The other aspects of coaching were worrying. If he wants to be one of the boys again it’s going to be a tough slog for the bulldogs.

He probably has learned a lot, but even with all that he has learned he still strikes me as the kind of guy who just won't "get it". He seems to want to be mates with the players too much. Which is probably why he's well regarded as an assistant, but that trait doesn't translate well to the top job.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Well ... at least I attempted to engage you in a sensible discussion ...
I also attempted to give you a sensible answer with facts . What was it that you could not understand ? 2017 Bozo was head of football calling the shots , 2018 Bozo was not there and Trents Solo abysmal effort speaks for itself . I will tell you what is not sensible Trying to compare a failed rookie with a Premiership winning coach in Halser . No comparison !!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13