'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Don't get me wrong,I am not a fan of Barrett,he is already making dubious personnel decisions at the Dogs early on and if the side fails next year with the injection of talent coming next year he should and will be punted.
I believe that pretty much every roster is able to be molded into at least a competitive if not successful side if you are a decent head coach who is worthy of being hired.
However I would hate to have to try to mold the current Dogs roster into a cohesive unit,there are very few players who are worthy of a roster spot(by that I mean that when you select the side that there are many guaranteed players that would be automatic selections in a side.We all know that Tom,Saab,Harper,Foran,DCE,Paseka,Taupau,Aloiai,Schuster,Olakau'atu,Jake for example are automatic selections now in this sides 17).
Barrett made his own bed and now has to lie in it,but I guess that because I have not agreed to the mob mentality of complete hatred then I will probably be considered a fanboi.

Jerry1

First Grader
Where did Des get them to in his final season before being sacked? 5 places from the spoon...
I seriously doubt he would have got them higher than 15th.
I have seen a lot of Dogs games this year and I have no doubt that Baz is doing a ** job there, when you look at their skill players in the spine they lack real talent,you can give players all the direction you want,but if they lack the skills to execute then it matters little how much effort they put in.The Dogs give serious effort in their games but due to Barrett AND the ** ability in the spine they look like a CRL side.
5 places from the spoon is closer to finals footy than the spoon.
Just saying…

Smokin Joe

Bencher
5 places from the spoon is closer to finals footy than the spoon.
Just saying…
True,but the Dogs don't have a Turbo or a Olakau'atu/Schuster combo or a DCE/Foran combo to get them out of trouble.They have nothing when it comes to the important positions.
I don't know the exact roster in his final year but I would bet it was a little better than this years.....

eaglebuzz

Bencher
True,but the Dogs don't have a Turbo or a Olakau'atu/Schuster combo or a DCE/Foran combo to get them out of trouble.They have nothing when it comes to the important positions.
I don't know the exact roster in his final year but I would bet it was a little better than this years.....
They certainly don't have a top 4 roster but I'm pretty confident the same roster would have performed much much better under Dean Pay.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Joe, I too am a Devils advocate and I think you are steering the Devil up the wrong path by excusing Baz.
Des has players universally despised derided and disparaged looking like they are on the way to a famous grand final victory. Croker ( a cancer on the team) Parker (never to pay first grade again) Garrick, I can add Saab, Foran, Suli, Siro, let alone poor old Barney Rubble Kurt DeLuis (has Manly ever had a 'de' player name before??)

Baz is a nice guy with a great haircut and if I ever need anyone to publicly apologise for my actions I might contact him. Meanwhile I suggest he's a bum NRL coach and, on behalf of the Devil, please desist - you are giving us a bad name :)

Joe, I too am a Devils advocate and I think you are steering the Devil up the wrong path by excusing Baz.
Des has players universally despised derided and disparaged looking like they are on the way to a famous grand final victory. Croker ( a cancer on the team) Parker (never to pay first grade again) Garrick, I can add Saab, Foran, Suli, Siro, let alone poor old Barney Rubble Kurt DeLuis (has Manly ever had a 'de' player name before??)

Baz is a nice guy with a great haircut and if I ever need anyone to publicly apologise for my actions I might contact him. Meanwhile I suggest he's a bum NRL coach and, on behalf of the Devil, please desist - you are giving us a bad name :)
Welll, we did have a Le, Heath Le Strange lol

Smokin Joe

Bencher

Ah,being misrepresented,the devil will be laughing.
Don't think I have tried to excuse Baz,pretty sure in numerous posts here I have said he was doing a **** job and was already making dubious personnel decisions etc....
I am pretty sure that many others give us various names of varying degrees here.... ;)

Smokin Joe

Bencher
They certainly don't have a top 4 roster but I'm pretty confident the same roster would have performed much much better under Dean Pay.
Hypotheticals that can't be proven are awesome...If I said that Des would struggle to avoid the spoon with that roster it would mean nothing.
Pay lost the playing group,have not seen that yet(yeah,yet),players are still having a crack at the moment which is surprising in some way but I guess players playing for the lives will do that .

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I see in the AFL , North Melbourne will be awarded the spoon this year.

their colours are: Blue and white....!

pt73

Bencher
Ryan James on report for taking out Harris-Tevita in the air.

How would he feel being rubbed out when not playing for his regular team.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16