'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Hypotheticals that can't be proven are awesome...If I said that Des would struggle to avoid the spoon with that roster it would mean nothing.
Pay lost the playing group,have not seen that yet(yeah,yet),players are still having a crack at the moment which is surprising in some way but I guess players playing for the lives will do that .
It's a pretty simple equation IMO. Last year the Dogs' roster was worse and didn't get the spoon (I know the Broncos sucking was a big part of that). This year the roster is better and they are still on track for the spoon. Perhaps they wouldn't have performed better under Pay but they certainly wouldn't have performed worse.

The very best you can say about Barrett as a coach, then, is that he makes no positive difference at all.

Except we know that's not true because we got worse the longer he was with us. On and off the field.

Smokin Joe

Bencher
It's a pretty simple equation IMO. Last year the Dogs' roster was worse and didn't get the spoon (I know the Broncos sucking was a big part of that). This year the roster is better and they are still on track for the spoon. Perhaps they wouldn't have performed better under Pay but they certainly wouldn't have performed worse.

The very best you can say about Barrett as a coach, then, is that he makes no positive difference at all.

Except we know that's not true because we got worse the longer he was with us. On and off the field.
Have to disagree about the roster being worse last year.....
They lost CHNaera/Tolman and Sue in the forwards and brought in Waddell/Hetherington and Seumanufangai.
They lost Foran and Cogger in the halves and brought in Flanagan.
They lost Harper/Smith/Montoya/Lafai and Holland and brought in Cotric and Allan in the outside backs.
Pretty sure they would kill to have CHN on an edge,Foran and Cogger in the halves and Harper in the centres,Pay was the one who did not think Harper was a first grader.
I seriously do not understand why people are not getting what I am saying...I am not a fan of Barrett and I am not defending him or saying he is a good coach(I have said the opposite),all I have said is that the roster is seriously **** and they will probably improve next year with a better roster.
I guess people only see or hear what they want to and if you don't completely hate then you must be a fan? (palm slaps forehead)

Is Barrett joking with that try that was taken away from them. He said he couldnt see why it was taken from them. Then he should go to specsavers. It was a clear shoulder charge to the warriors players head from Katoa

Kevinward777

First Grader
Is Baz for real?
Quote - "There's only been a couple of times this year where we've been completely blown away."

Haha - Maybe inside your head Trent.

Rafferty

Mug punter
Is Baz for real?
Quote - "There's only been a couple of times this year where we've been completely blown away."

Haha - Maybe inside your head Trent.
Yer well I completely loved one of those times, couldn’t care less about the other one or the rest of there miserable season, 66-0 still makes me smile.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Have to disagree about the roster being worse last year.....
They lost CHNaera/Tolman and Sue in the forwards and brought in Waddell/Hetherington and Seumanufangai.
They lost Foran and Cogger in the halves and brought in Flanagan.
They lost Harper/Smith/Montoya/Lafai and Holland and brought in Cotric and Allan in the outside backs.
Pretty sure they would kill to have CHN on an edge,Foran and Cogger in the halves and Harper in the centres,Pay was the one who did not think Harper was a first grader.
I seriously do not understand why people are not getting what I am saying...I am not a fan of Barrett and I am not defending him or saying he is a good coach(I have said the opposite),all I have said is that the roster is seriously **** and they will probably improve next year with a better roster.
I guess people only see or hear what they want to and if you don't completely hate then you must be a fan? (palm slaps forehead)
Foran spent a third of the season injured but I agree they'd be wishing they had him now.

Harper finished the season with us last year and before that he only played 2 games for the Dogs (one in 2019 and one in 2020). I'm sure they wish they had him now but he was a non-factor in their performance last year.

Compare Flanagan's 2020 form to Cogger's and tell me he isn't an improvement, at least on paper. Ditto with Cotric and Allan - on paper they're better than Holland and Lafai. And if they really wanted Lafai back they could probably have him, he's a Reserve Grader for the Eels now, and only played 5 matches last season.

Tolman was a workhorse at best, CHN was hot and cold (mostly cold for them). Hetherington is an idiot but he can play, good coaching would get a lot of value out of him. Waddell was alright for us, no world beater but perfectly capable of a solid performance in the second row. Meanwhile Luke Thompson only played 10 matches for them last year whereas this year has been carrying their entire pack.

I take your point that their roster is worse in some areas, but it's better in others. Overall though, yes, it is not a team you'd expect to make the finals, and yes it will probably be better next year.

But with Barrett as coach they'll still be terrible.

Kaufusi's Elbow

Reserve Grader
Celebrate Barrett's greatest ever loss with this great beer cooler! Ahhh, I'll drink to that!!!

Attachments

• NRLX003XX-NRL0577-Sea-Eagles-Biggest-Ever-Win-Can-Cooler-01_900x.jpg
    NRLX003XX-NRL0577-Sea-Eagles-Biggest-Ever-Win-Can-Cooler-01_900x.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 12

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Foran spent a third of the season injured but I agree they'd be wishing they had him now.

Harper finished the season with us last year and before that he only played 2 games for the Dogs (one in 2019 and one in 2020). I'm sure they wish they had him now but he was a non-factor in their performance last year.

Compare Flanagan's 2020 form to Cogger's and tell me he isn't an improvement, at least on paper. Ditto with Cotric and Allan - on paper they're better than Holland and Lafai. And if they really wanted Lafai back they could probably have him, he's a Reserve Grader for the Eels now, and only played 5 matches last season.

Tolman was a workhorse at best, CHN was hot and cold (mostly cold for them). Hetherington is an idiot but he can play, good coaching would get a lot of value out of him. Waddell was alright for us, no world beater but perfectly capable of a solid performance in the second row. Meanwhile Luke Thompson only played 10 matches for them last year whereas this year has been carrying their entire pack.

I take your point that their roster is worse in some areas, but it's better in others. Overall though, yes, it is not a team you'd expect to make the finals, and yes it will probably be better next year.

But with Barrett as coach they'll still be terrible.
And Mariner/C.Smith/Crichton/Okunbor/JMK/Cotric/Elliot have all been injured this year for large chunks or almost all the season.Thompson and Hetherington have missed chunks due to suspensions.
On paper means nothing...Cogger is an organizer,Flanagan is....(?),Cotric and Allan are average wingers who need players inside to look good.We are talking about who is available going into a season,whether someone like Harper was available but not selected is irrelevant,if we didn't have injuries Harper would probably not have been selected this year(or Schuster/Olakau'atu etc...)as I said hypotheticals mean nothing....
We can go around and around in circles,I give no care to whether Barrett is a good coach,we have different views and I think I will leave it at that,go the Sea Eagles...

Cioran

Bencher
I hope Barrett coaches for another decade and never improves. He's the clown prince of the NRL. Always brings a smile to my face along with a bemused shake of the head and a quick and quiet thanks to whomever orders these things that he no longer coaches the Sea Eagles.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Wasn't Foran coming off the back of a $1 million final season at the dogs & therefore it was very unlikely they would re-sign him?

I imagine if they had wanted to re-sign him, his manager would have played hardball & would not have agreed to too much of a reduction in his salary, hence them letting him go.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
Wasn't Foran coming off the back of a $1 million final season at the dogs & therefore it was very unlikely they would re-sign him?

I imagine if they had wanted to re-sign him, his manager would have played hardball & would not have agreed to too much of a reduction in his salary, hence them letting him go.
Not according to the media reports at the time...

Ned

Bencher
The thing about Barret isn't that he's useless as a coach (and he has proven to be) but the excuses he comes up with week after week. Say what you want about Brad Arthur at least he just said he has no idea what's wrong instead of roll out a laundry list of BS excuses every week.

And the other thing I wonder is if he actually believes his own BS or he just comes up with something on the fly during the presser to keep the 'journo's' happy.

Kevinward777

First Grader
The thing about Barret isn't that he's useless as a coach (and he has proven to be) but the excuses he comes up with week after week. Say what you want about Brad Arthur at least he just said he has no idea what's wrong instead of roll out a laundry list of BS excuses every week.

And the other thing I wonder is if he actually believes his own BS or he just comes up with something on the fly during the presser to keep the 'journo's' happy.

Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
13 7 6 133 16
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15