'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Just playing the devils advocate because it amuses me....
I wonder how well Des' Sea Eagles would go if we had the inspirational Dogs spine of Meaney/Flanagan/Averillo and Marshall-King guiding us around...not to mention the dynamic edge backrow of Waddell and Elliot?
Yes....Trent brought in Waddell and Flanagan but anyone with a slight amount of decency would realize that that those 2 legends were brought in because no one else was available and any other coaches on here would have shat their pants and done the same with the garbage that you inherited.
I am sure that Des' would have turned them all into Internationals......
And yes the Dogs brought in other high profile players like Cotric/Allan/Seumanafangai/Hetherington....lol.....If you don't bring in players to fix the problem areas than that argument is irrelevant.
I am not saying that Trent is a good coach,I just don't believe that piling in on someone because people believe that that is the fun thing to do is a good thing.....
Anyhooooooo,cheers and have a good night.....
Thanks for your perspective feathered friend

But to many Manly fans it was not fun watching our team of star players narrowly escape the wooden spoon and tarnishing our club and embarrassing us supporters for the fist time in our proud history

This will put you argument of what Trent inherited at the dogs in Clear perspective .

Trent in his last solo season as Manly head coach had This spine . Turbo , Fainu , DCE
And other quality players like Jake . Thompson , AFB , Paseka , Marty, Api , Walker, and your favourite player Parker who you rate so highly . And Trent coached them all the way to second last place

But to many Manly fans it was not fun watching our team of star players narrowly escape the wooden spoon and tarnishing our club and embarrassing us supporters for the fist time in our proud history

This will put you argument of what Trent inherited at the dogs in Clear perspective .

Trent in his last solo season as Manly head coach had This spine . Turbo , Fainu , DCE
And other quality players like Jake . Thompson , AFB , Paseka , Marty, Api , Walker, and your favourite player Parker who you rate so highly . And Trent coached them all the way to second last place
Great effort by Baz. Most other coaches would struggle not to make the eight.

I agree he would have given them badly needed direction,but he had/has so many injury issues,many on here bagged the signing(most),we have been pretty lucky/fortunate with him so far....(can't bag them for letting him go really)
Most on here didn't really expect him to be playing at this late stage of the season, I'm definitely one of them but I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised, I think Donny Singe and his team have done wonders with Foz, to me he's looking fitter than at any time in recent memory and it shows in his levels of involvement, a big well done from me

Perhaps people are holding grudges due to the way he trashed this club, trashed our facilities, took money do nothing, aired our dirty laundry through the Panthers media, attempted to take the credit for our turnaround in 2019, guided us to within a pubic hair of our first ever spoon, and blamed everyone in the joint for his failings.

I could be wrong. Maybe, Silvertails is just a cesspool of unquenchable hatred.
But hey, he looked good doing it!😂

Perhaps people are holding grudges due to the way he trashed this club, trashed our facilities, took money do nothing, aired our dirty laundry through the Panthers media, attempted to take the credit for our turnaround in 2019, guided us to within a pubic hair of our first ever spoon, and blamed everyone in the joint for his failings.

I could be wrong. Maybe, Silvertails is just a cesspool of unquenchable hatred.
I'd forgotten all that. I just hated him cause he's younger than me and better looking.

I wonder how well Des' Sea Eagles would go if we had the inspirational Dogs spine of Meaney/Flanagan/Averillo and Marshall-King guiding us around...not to mention the dynamic edge backrow of Waddell and Elliot?
Yes....Trent brought in Waddell and Flanagan but anyone with a slight amount of decency would realize that that those 2 legends were brought in because no one else was available and any other coaches on here would have shat their pants and done the same with the garbage that you inherited.
And yes the Dogs brought in other high profile players like Cotric/Allan/Seumanafangai/Hetherington....lol.....If you don't bring in players to fix the problem areas than that argument is irrelevant.
I am not saying that Trent is a good coach,I just don't believe that piling in on someone because people believe that that is the fun thing to do is a good thing.....

Or Trent could have knuckled down here at Manly, with a spine including DCE and Tommy, and probably Hastings.

Include Jake, Marty, and the young Shu on the way up and he had a pretty good start of a squad to deal with,especially compared to his current situation.

He chose to spit the dummy.

Don’t forget Des got Canterbury to grand finals with keating in the halves, 2nd rate fullbacks (eg perrett) and Jono Wright in the backline. It was a coaching miracle.

I bet Des would have this dog team about 10th to 12th.

Actually I don't think that clears it up at all,you are talking about something about Manly that has no relation in any way as to what you say he inherited at the Dogs.
In point of fact it is completely irrelevant and unrelated....
By the way,I do not rate Parker highly and I don't remember ever saying he was my favourite player or intimating that,he is a decent player who does a good job,I think you have me confused with another member...I don't recall saying otherwise.

Last edited:
I hate hatred :banghead:
I love a good old fashioned feud....
There are so many worthwhile things in the world to hate,I honestly just don't feel any reason to hate Baz,for me it happened so long ago and I have moved on,but I understand that others won't.
I just wonder why so many who hate Barrett don't hate Des' for walking out on the club and screwing us for a couple of years with the back-ended contracts,or why more people don't hate Foran for convincing the club he would re-sign and then screwing the club after the club let DCE go and then signing with the Eels.
People are fickle I guess....

Don’t forget Des got Canterbury to grand finals with keating in the halves, 2nd rate fullbacks (eg perrett) and Jono Wright in the backline. It was a coaching miracle.

I bet Des would have this dog team about 10th to 12th.
Where did Des get them to in his final season before being sacked? 5 places from the spoon...
I seriously doubt he would have got them higher than 15th.
I have seen a lot of Dogs games this year and I have no doubt that Baz is doing a **** job there, when you look at their skill players in the spine they lack real talent,you can give players all the direction you want,but if they lack the skills to execute then it matters little how much effort they put in.The Dogs give serious effort in their games but due to Barrett AND the **** ability in the spine they look like a CRL side.

Last edited:
Barrett has had a dream run for 15 years.
He was lauded as a very good player in a period that was almost devoid of 5/8 talent to compete with.
He then has had leg-up after leg-up from Goull and was taken under the wing of the greatest player/coach that has lived.
He failed as a junior head coach with the current premiership winning team and then failed at Manly even under the tutelage of the immortal Bozo...then shut Bozo out and continued to blame everything under the sun for his failure. He then shat on the club and collected huge money to do nothing.

Then he got another head coaching gig and is failing once again..
Incredible !

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10