'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
That's a great read. She's never come out and done anything of the like before or since so you have to think it's pretty close to the mark. I think the way he publicly dismantled Hastings career was a pretty good insight into the man.

Not just Hastings Snake. I was hopeful when he came to Manly that he would begin a new era with the efforts the Fulton clan were making to bring in talented young players. He started OK, and one had to concede he was a rookie and had things to learn. But his last year and a half was a downward slide. He had the talent to make a mark, perhaps not contest the premiership at that stage, but to be competitive. The team became a rabble. To take credit for what the Fulton family were bringing into the club was shameful. He's been a serious disappointment and it seems to be continuing at the Bulldogs. He obviously can talk the talk but...well you know, and he cant, at least not at this stage.

Not just Hastings Snake. I was hopeful when he came to Manly that he would begin a new era with the efforts the Fulton clan were making to bring in talented young players. He started OK, and one had to concede he was a rookie and had things to learn. But his last year and a half was a downward slide. He had the talent to make a mark, perhaps not contest the premiership at that stage, but to be competitive. The team became a rabble. To take credit for what the Fulton family were bringing into the club was shameful. He's been a serious disappointment and it seems to be continuing at the Bulldogs. He obviously can talk the talk but...well you know, and he cant, at least not at this stage.

I must stress that my attitude to Barrett has little to do with his performance as a coach. He's just not up to it at this stage but that's just life. It is his arrogance and taking almost sole credit for Manly's recent rise and the players now within the club that is quite disgraceful. To fail is just life and he should learn from it. To pretend that his failure is a success and take credit for others efforts is shameful.

The 'we're building' angle will only work for so long. I remember after his 2 point win over an awful Cronulla side, he was on the sideline crying and exclaiming that it was the 'best win' he has ever been involved in. At the press conference, he said it was 'season defining' and 'something to build their year on'. I remember laughing out loud for a good minute. He's perpetually building, this idiot.
I've said this many times but if you take Dugan out of that Sharks side the Sharks beat the bulldogs easily, and given that the Dogs were paying something like $6.50 for a win that night I find it hard to believe that Dugan's terrible performance was an accident.

You will be able to add Jason Ryles to that list if he ever jags a gig.

Then there is Gasniers media career, in which his own brothers hatred of him was matched by the viewing public. Apparently the receptionists at 7 network are fed up with his constant calls pleading for job.
Traded on his uncles name from day one of his career, never rated the bloke as a player and his bias as a commentator had me watching games but muting the commentary, can't stand him 🤬

Traded on his uncles name from day one of his career, never rated the bloke as a player and his bias as a commentator had me watching games but muting the commentary, can't stand him 🤬
He wasn’t a bad player. Maybe not as good as he was rated, but he was pretty good. However I can’t understand how he ever got a commentary gig… he was possibly the worst commentator ever - and it’s a strong field!

Just playing the devils advocate because it amuses me....
I wonder how well Des' Sea Eagles would go if we had the inspirational Dogs spine of Meaney/Flanagan/Averillo and Marshall-King guiding us around...not to mention the dynamic edge backrow of Waddell and Elliot?
Yes....Trent brought in Waddell and Flanagan but anyone with a slight amount of decency would realize that that those 2 legends were brought in because no one else was available and any other coaches on here would have shat their pants and done the same with the garbage that you inherited.
I am sure that Des' would have turned them all into Internationals......
And yes the Dogs brought in other high profile players like Cotric/Allan/Seumanafangai/Hetherington....lol.....If you don't bring in players to fix the problem areas than that argument is irrelevant.
I am not saying that Trent is a good coach,I just don't believe that piling in on someone because people believe that that is the fun thing to do is a good thing.....
Anyhooooooo,cheers and have a good night.....

I wonder how well Des' Sea Eagles would go if we had the inspirational Dogs spine of Meaney/Flanagan/Averillo and Marshall-King guiding us around...not to mention the dynamic edge backrow of Waddell and Elliot?
Yes....Trent brought in Waddell and Flanagan but anyone with a slight amount of decency would realize that that those 2 legends were brought in because no one else was available and any other coaches on here would have shat their pants and done the same with the garbage that you inherited.
And yes the Dogs brought in other high profile players like Cotric/Allan/Seumanafangai/Hetherington....lol.....If you don't bring in players to fix the problem areas than that argument is irrelevant.
I am not saying that Trent is a good coach,I just don't believe that piling in on someone because people believe that that is the fun thing to do is a good thing.....
Perhaps people are holding grudges due to the way he trashed this club, trashed our facilities, took money do nothing, aired our dirty laundry through the Panthers media, attempted to take the credit for our turnaround in 2019, guided us to within a pubic hair of our first ever spoon, and blamed everyone in the joint for his failings.

I could be wrong. Maybe, Silvertails is just a cesspool of unquenchable hatred.

Each to their own I guess @Smokin Joe . I would only say that Trent has brought most of the negativity on himself. I believe that almost all of it is completely self inflicted. His arrogance as a coach is based on the same delusions of grandeur he had as a player. I agree with @Brooke and others that Trent is definitely delusional in the way he tries to take credit for things he really had very little to do with. I give him 6 weeks next season, and that is probably being over generous.

Last edited:
Trent let go of Foran to bring in Flano. I don’t think anyone would disagree that Des would’ve kept Foran. I think keeping Foran would have gone a fair way to solving their spine problem. It wouldn’t make them world beaters obviously, but they wouldn’t be winning the spoon with daylight second like they are now.

Schadenfreude GIF by MOODMAN

Perhaps people are holding grudges due to the way he trashed this club, trashed our facilities, took money do nothing, aired our dirty laundry through the Panthers media, attempted to take the credit for our turnaround in 2019, guided us to within a pubic hair of our first ever spoon, and blamed everyone in the joint for his failings.

I could be wrong. Maybe, Silvertails is just a cesspool of unquenchable hatred.
Unquenchable hatred makes he world go round.
It's also ****ing hilarious.

Trent let go of Foran to bring in Flano. I don’t think anyone would disagree that Des would’ve kept Foran. I think keeping Foran would have gone a fair way to solving their spine problem. It wouldn’t make them world beaters obviously, but they wouldn’t be winning the spoon with daylight second like they are now.
I agree he would have given them badly needed direction,but he had/has so many injury issues,many on here bagged the signing(most),we have been pretty lucky/fortunate with him so far....(can't bag them for letting him go really)

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10