'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And everyone keeps saying that he is a great attacking coach, as evidenced by his time at Penrith......................Please, I could have coached their backline as they were all stacked with natural talent. I know that the dogs have crap players this year, but Barrett has not improved one player. Im glad that he will be rewarded with the spoon!
What's sad is Dean pay was not allowed to sign any players yet baz made 4 or 5 signings this season and the teams got backwards!

From the Tele:

Canterbury coach Trent Barrett sits just one more blank scoreboard from rugby league infamy, with his Bulldogs now staring down the worst run of shutouts in the game’s history.

Currently limping towards what will almost certainly be the 2021 NRL wooden spoon, Barrett’s side has been kept scoreless in four separate games this year – against Penrith, Brisbane, South Sydney and Manly.

According to the Fox Sports Laboratory, no side has been held to zero five times.

Not Annandale, not Newtown, not even the Bad News Bears.

Worryingly, Canterbury would already have the unwanted record had centre Aaron Schoupp not scored the team’s only try against Penrith in Round 12 with under 60 seconds to play.

Then against Gold Coast a fortnight ago, it was Bulldogs utility Bailey Biondi-Odo who crossed for his side’s only try with just eight minutes to play to again save them from that most unwanted place in the code’s history books.
Unfortunately for Bulldogs fans, this current mob is a chance of becoming the worst NRL era outfit not named the 2016 Newcastle Knights.

Five years ago, the Knights went through their year with just one win and a draw.

The Bulldogs, with four rounds to play, boast only two wins.

On the list of worst-performed NRL teams, it leaves them second - slumped lower than even the 1999 Western Suburbs Magpies, who conceded a whopping 944 points in what would be the club’s last year.

Coached by the late, great Tommy Raudonikis, the Magpies still managed three wins that year.

According to Fox Sports statisticians, Canterbury have also lost by 20 points or more in 11 games this year.

Again, only three teams in history have done worse.

Both Raudonikis’s Magpies and 1982 Canberra Raiders conceded more than 20 points 15 times.

The 2016 Knights sit third on the list, with 12.

Like Arthur that came before him, Barrett will collect the spoon after dishonouring Manly.

I've haven't forgotten Arthur's pillage of our playing ranks and I haven't forgotten Barrett's walkout. It's great to see these two coaches collect the spoon as reward for their narcissism.

Like Arthur that came before him, Barrett will collect the spoon after dishonouring Manly.

I've haven't forgotten Arthur's pillage of our playing ranks and I haven't forgotten Barrett's walkout. It's great to see these two coaches collect the spoon as reward for their narcissism.
Seibold is another who left Manly and collected a wooden spoon. Although in his defence I think he might have left Manly because he didn't like working with Barrett.

Remember when Barrett claimed he was responsible for mnakys attack coming good.....and the Panthers attack.
The 'we're building' angle will only work for so long. I remember after his 2 point win over an awful Cronulla side, he was on the sideline crying and exclaiming that it was the 'best win' he has ever been involved in. At the press conference, he said it was 'season defining' and 'something to build their year on'. I remember laughing out loud for a good minute. He's perpetually building, this idiot.

The 'we're building' angle will only work for so long. I remember after his 2 point win over an awful Cronulla side, he was on the sideline crying and exclaiming that it was the 'best win' he has ever been involved in. At the press conference, he said it was 'season defining' and 'something to build their year on'. I remember laughing out loud for a good minute. He's perpetually building, this idiot.
in a way it was season defining.

Dogs this year were bolstered by bringing in an Origin winger, an Origin fullback, a boom young halfback, and a firebrand prop (and Corey Waddell ;)

Yet they've gone backwards, tsk tsk, very disappointing. The pressure will be on right from the start next year. And he can't quit again, that would be career suicide! So he's just going to have to tough it out until he's sacked by Phil Gould. Possibly around July. :rofl:

Dogs this year were bolstered by bringing in an Origin winger, an Origin fullback, a boom young halfback, and a firebrand prop (and Corey Waddell ;)

Yet they've gone backwards, tsk tsk, very disappointing. The pressure will be on right from the start next year. And he can't quit again, that would be career suicide! So he's just going to have to tough it out until he's sacked by Phil Gould. Possibly around July. :rofl:
Like Thompson was and the ex Melbourne forward were both added as well.

I wonder how long it will take the dogs to realise that Barrett is a fraud?

Maybe as long as one of Gould's 5 year plans Without Cleary the panthers look
clueless

Both dean pay and Toovey were punted from ‘their’ clubs for barrett, that is just mind blowing. The dogs deserve all the pain for not learning from our mistake

He's obviously very good at talking the talk. For some reason his words impact upon the people making the decisions. Probably make a great salesperson.

1628727861790.png

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8