'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Do you know what the scary thing about Zoolander is?

2017 ..... its kinda the forgotten or largely ignored elephant in the room when it comes to his coaching career.

In a side that had the likes of Matthew Wright (15 games), Frank Winterstein (25 games) and Lewis Brown (22 games), as well as younger versions of Turbo (his first full year at fullback), DCE, Walks, Marty, Jake, Siro, Brian Kelly, Uate, BJ, Green and even Nate Myles ... we were literally top 4 until late in the season (Rd.19 we were actually 3rd). We fell away at the end to go into the Finals in 6th, and lost the Qualifying Final to Penrith in week 1 of the Finals so we finished 8th overall. And that was our first year without Snake, Killer or Skivvy in over a decade.

Its scary to think that he has a Finals finish in him with the right team. We all want to remember him as a crap coach, but we went damn close to finishing top 4 in just his second year with us. Which wasn't bad given we'd finished 13th in 2016
We underperformed with Barrett at the helm, and it got worse and worse the longer he was here. He seems to get along well with the players, that is his strength. He is not a head coach.

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
We under performed with Barrett at the helm, and it got worse and worse the longer he was here. He seems to get along well with the players, that is his strength. He is not a head coach.
Barrett had a great roster at Manly, many players he brought in also and had them nearly run last, he does not know how to motivate a player , let alone a team, he thinks he can coach but he has nothing in attack or defense, what he does have in abundance is an ego and a book full of excuses.

he's an excuse man that is happy with mediocrity and failure and that's definitely not MANLY.

He will still be bottom 4 over the next 2 years at the dogs and that will be the end of his coaching "career" if you can call it that.

He's brought over Flanagan as his marquee and thrown him under the bus, so hes not even really a man manager. If you look at him closely he's just a bloke trying to keep his job and he doesn't care how bad he is at it he will talk his way around teh real picture which is HE CANT COACH.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I think where Barrett fails is recognising halves and how they can play.
Failed with DCE - wanted him to be only half ( we got shut down)
Failed to manage Hastings
Didn't see anything in Hynes
Didn't want queeny gutho
Didn't handle Tom wright well ( was just a kid)
Can't get anything from Flannagan
Tried 7 halves this year with no good results
Poor Burton ( a center) is the chief for next year who must control and create.

Sea Eagle 4 Life

Reserve Grader
And everyone keeps saying that he is a great attacking coach, as evidenced by his time at Penrith......................Please, I could have coached their backline as they were all stacked with natural talent. I know that the dogs have crap players this year, but Barrett has not improved one player. Im glad that he will be rewarded with the spoon!

Kevinward777

First Grader
And everyone keeps saying that he is a great attacking coach, as evidenced by his time at Penrith......................Please, I could have coached their backline as they were all stacked with natural talent. I know that the dogs have crap players this year, but Barrett has not improved one player. Im glad that he will be rewarded with the spoon!
Dogs bought up big in the off season and have gone backwards in a big way.

malroon

Reserve Grader
Do you know what the scary thing about Zoolander is?

2017 ..... its kinda the forgotten or largely ignored elephant in the room when it comes to his coaching career.

In a side that had the likes of Matthew Wright (15 games), Frank Winterstein (25 games) and Lewis Brown (22 games), as well as younger versions of Turbo (his first full year at fullback), DCE, Walks, Marty, Jake, Siro, Brian Kelly, Uate, BJ, Green and even Nate Myles ... we were literally top 4 until late in the season (Rd.19 we were actually 3rd). We fell away at the end to go into the Finals in 6th, and lost the Qualifying Final to Penrith in week 1 of the Finals so we finished 8th overall. And that was our first year without Snake, Killer or Skivvy in over a decade.

Its scary to think that he has a Finals finish in him with the right team. We all want to remember him as a crap coach, but we went damn close to finishing top 4 in just his second year with us. Which wasn't bad given we'd finished 13th in 2016
= BOZO

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
There's something about the St George clique of recent years of coaches from their playing group. McGregor, Brown, Barrett. All big talkers, but none of them seem to succeed as coaches.

I think where Barrett fails is recognising halves and how they can play.
Failed with DCE - wanted him to be only half ( we got shut down)
Failed to manage Hastings
Didn't see anything in Hynes
Didn't want queeny gutho
Didn't handle Tom wright well ( was just a kid)
Can't get anything from Flannagan
Tried 7 halves this year with no good results
Poor Burton ( a center) is the chief for next year who must control and create.
And in addition to that, if you recall in what position HE played, it really illustrates just how frightfully bad he actually is.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There's something about the St George clique of recent years of coaches from their playing group. McGregor, Brown, Barrett. All big talkers, but none of them seem to succeed as coaches.

You will be able to add Jason Ryles to that list if he ever jags a gig.

Then there is Gasniers media career, in which his own brothers hatred of him was matched by the viewing public. Apparently the receptionists at 7 network are fed up with his constant calls pleading for job.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers

Then there is Gasniers media career, in which his own brothers hatred of him was matched by the viewing public. Apparently the receptionists at 7 network are fed up with his constant calls pleading for job.
At 3a.m. from the back seat of a taxi no doubt.

Peter C

Bencher

Did he tell her to " fire up"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16