'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
From memory, Baz told Green he could go because he believed we had signed Pearce. Then when that fell through Baz reneged and Green started kicking stones.

All of the players who you have mentioned were entering the final year of there contracts. If Canterbury offered Addin a massive deal they would be breaking the anti tampering rule. Therefore any of our players who are contracted for two or more years are safe from Baz’s slippery grasp.
Matterson was 1 year into a 3 year contract KW...

Buzz Rothfield mentioned on radio this morning that John Cartwright will link up with Barrett as an assistant coach at the Bulldogs.
Also said that while Manly have managed their cap very well, the club are worried given Barrett’s closeness with the playing group of him looking to recruit from his old club.
That’s the issue with Barrett going there, good to see the club officials are aware of the poaching that may happen.

Some good talent coming through in Tuitavake, Fainu, Titmus, Hoppa, Schuster and Guacamole.

Not sure how they manage the top 30 squad with the experience and youth. Hoping they can offload the fringe players and go hard at signing Schuster and Hoppa on 3-4 year deals.

No doubt Barrett will go hard at manly players and leave the panthers alone after Alexander told him no poaching if you want the door to be open here again.

Cartwrights contract is up and he has been with us for 4 or 5 years so wouldn’t surprise me if he moves on.
He has done a good job so far.

I have not heard his name getting thrown about as a potential head coach at other clubs.

good read, including:

“Trent Barrett is apparently a done deal. Canterbury are in for more years of misery as the club is seemingly desperate to repeat Newcastle’s Nathan Brown experience, minus the charisma and the Best Bets.

Let’s start at the beginning. Recycled coaches never work. There is a long history of it. The Bulldogs should not be looking at failed coaches. And Barrett is a failed coach. Manly have missed the finals three times since 2005. Twice were in Barrett’s three years. Defence is the best indicator of success. The Eagles conceded 500-plus twice under Barrett. They have done it just one other time since 2006.

Players in the team Barrett guided to 15th in 2018: Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic, Addin Fonua-Blake, Daly Cherry-Evans, Martin Taupau, Dylan Walker, Jorge Taufua, Joel Thompson, Api Koroisau, Shaun Lane, Jackson Hastings, Manase Fainu.

Anyone who thinks he is going to be even a competent head coach is a downright idiot.

The fact he was hired before due diligence was given to the market just adds to the stupidity. There is no market for Barrett. Wayne Bennett likely could have been convinced. Better coaches exist out there at both assistant and overseas level.

When you think it cannot get any lower at Belmore, it does. The joint is cast if it is entrusting the keys to a once-proud club to Trent Barrett. “
Summed it up perfectly and the proof is in the pudding
But some people still dont have the common sense to get this ..........

*Players in the team Barrett guided to 15th in 2018: Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic, Addin Fonua-Blake, Daly Cherry-Evans, Martin Taupau, Dylan Walker, Jorge Taufua, Joel Thompson, Api Koroisau, Shaun Lane, Jackson Hastings, Manase Fainu. *

*Anyone who thinks he is going to be even a competent head coach is a downright idiot. *

*The quitter in Action .. Arms folded , eyes closed, no answers , full of excuses and it was exit stage left and he quit when the going got tough *
*A QUITTER NEVER WINS AND WINNERS NEVER QUIT *

https___prod.static9.net.au___media_2018_07_23_09_36_barrett_230718_env.jpg

Summed it up perfectly and the proof is in the pudding
But some people still dont have the common sense to get this ..........

*Players in the team Barrett guided to 15th in 2018: Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic, Addin Fonua-Blake, Daly Cherry-Evans, Martin Taupau, Dylan Walker, Jorge Taufua, Joel Thompson, Api Koroisau, Shaun Lane, Jackson Hastings, Manase Fainu. *

*Anyone who thinks he is going to be even a competent head coach is a downright idiot. *

*The quitter in Action .. Arms folded , eyes closed, no answers , full of excuses and it was exit stage left and he quit when the going got tough *
*A QUITTER NEVER WINS AND WINNERS NEVER QUIT *

View attachment 14901
The eyes closed arms crossed comment is a little harsh @BOZO. I think he might have been thinking of his garden and meditating in preparation for the press conference.

From memory, Baz told Green he could go because he believed we had signed Pearce. Then when that fell through Baz reneged and Green started kicking stones.

Now you and your imaginary friend are just making more shiite up ... it has been documented that Baz didn't agree to release Green

Therefore any of our players who are contracted for two or more years are safe from Baz’s slippery grasp.

Are you suggesting that there are Manly players who would leave because Baz asked them to ... that they would happily leave Dessie to go to Baz .... either you have a very low opinion of Dessie ...and a very high opinion of Baz .... or you're just making shiite up again. ...

Now you and your imaginary friend are just making more shiite up ... it has been documented that Baz didn't agree to release Green

Are you suggesting that there are Manly players who would leave because Baz asked them to ... that they would happily leave Dessie to go to Baz .... either you have a very low opinion of Dessie ...and a very high opinion of Baz .... or you're just making shiite up again. ...
Oh @Woodsie, your personal vendettas on here are as reliable as the sun.
1595220310660.jpeg

Talking about ****te
This is the biggest ****te coaching of all time . Trent taking the quality of these players down to second last on the table and exceeding over 500 points.
Players in the team Barrett guided to 15th in 2018: Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic, Addin Fonua-Blake, Daly Cherry-Evans, Martin Taupau, Dylan Walker, Jorge Taufua, Joel Thompson, Api Koroisau, Shaun Lane, Jackson Hastings, Manase Fainu. *

Why try and garner support of others .... you take sly cheap shots ... and when you cop a bit back ... you either make up fake profiles or play the big bad Woodsie card .... grow a pair ...
I have no idea what you are going on about buddy. Who have I been trying to garner support from and for what cause? Just tap the ignore button old mate.

Talking about ****te
This is the biggest ****te coaching of all time . Trent taking the quality of these players down to second last on the table and exceeding over 500 points.
Players in the team Barrett guided to 15th in 2018: Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic, Addin Fonua-Blake, Daly Cherry-Evans, Martin Taupau, Dylan Walker, Jorge Taufua, Joel Thompson, Api Koroisau, Shaun Lane, Jackson Hastings, Manase Fainu. *

And in 2017 he took them to 6th .... and as yet Dessie hasn't done any better ... this year we are currently 10th ... and in a battle to make the 8 ....

Comparing results of coaches gets a bit fruitless .... do we judge Dessie by his last 2 years at bulldogs or his first 3 years there ?

Do we judge Brad Arthur by his 2018 wooden spoon ... or his result this year ....

Dessie is a great coach and he has the makings of a very good team .... but many things both within his ability and beyond his ability to control need to fall into place for success ...

I have no idea what you are going on about buddy. Who have I been trying to garner support from and for what cause? Just tap the ignore button old mate.
I love the passion on this forum . But lets try not to make it personal . We are all entitled to have our views . I am not having a go at you Kevin , I am only making a general statement .
Have a great day every one . I am off to night shift
GO THE MANLY SEA E :h: GLES !!!
af8b75b111ef7e116d3b7ec993fed141.jpg

And in 2017 he took them to 6th .... and as yet Dessie hasn't done any better ... this year we are currently 9th ... and in a battle to make the 8 ....

Comparing results of coaches gets a bit fruitless .... do we judge Dessie by his last 2 years at bulldogs or his first 3 years there ?

Do we judge Brad Arthur by his 2018 wooden spoon ... or his result this year ....

Dessie is a great coach and he has the makings of a very good team .... but many things both within his ability and beyond his ability to control need to fall into place for success ...
FACTS
2017 HE HAD THE INCOMPARABLE IMMORTAL AND HEAD OF FOOTBALL CALLING THE SHOTS AND GUIDING HIM AND WHEN HE FELL OUT WITH HIM IN 2018 AND DID IT ON HIS OWN WE NEARLY WON THE SPOON
TRENT AINT NO ARTHUR . TRENT IS A SEIBOLD

Last edited:
FACTS
2017 HE HAD THE INCOMPARABLE IMMORTAL AND HEAD OF FOOTBALL CALLING THE SHOTS AND GUIDING HIM AND WHEN HE FELL OUT WITH HIM IN 2018 AND DID IT ON HIS OWN WE NEARLY WON THE SPOON
TRENT AINT NOT ARTHUR . TRENT IS A SEIBOLD

Well ... at least I attempted to engage you in a sensible discussion ...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8