'ex' Barrett's Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Said once before - for a team that had a "War chest" the signings are bewildering...

Cotrick - great at the end of a Super Raiders backline, but a waste outside poor service.
Flanagan - Hot and cold and a speed bump in defence, need consistency and defence
Hetherington - Agressive but gives away 4-5 penalties a game and loses ball often
Allan - Another from a hot backline at Souths, a finisher getting little opportunity
Waddell - NSw Cup player who adds depth, no leadership qualities

This was Barretts calls, so can't play the card of not having input.

The ONLY signing I reckon is Great...is Burton from the Panthers who is a great potential and if he doesn't backflip, will likely wish he did.

Said once before - for a team that had a "War chest" the signings are bewildering...

Cotrick - great at the end of a Super Raiders backline, but a waste outside poor service.
Flanagan - Hot and cold and a speed bump in defence, need consistency and defence
Hetherington - Agressive but gives away 4-5 penalties a game and loses ball often
Allan - Another from a hot backline at Souths, a finisher getting little opportunity

This was Barretts calls, so can't play the card of having not input.

The ONLY signing I reckon is Great...is Burton from the Panthers who is a great potential and if he doesn't backflip, will likely wish he did.

Addo-Carr is a great signing also. These two guys will likely keep Trent safe for this season. But the Bulldogs are notoriously fickle, so who knows?

Not singling out anyone but the continual Barrett bashing is just so un-Manly to me.

Yeah the club made a huge mistake and he ended up being an insult to the jersey we love and a stain on our history but it is purile to go on and on about something that has happened. We are bigger than this, no?

He obviously doesn't need us to belittle his accomplishments...he does it all on his own on a weekly basis. Is that not enough? It is for me.

Let's move on, be REAL Manly supporters and bash the living shlt out of someone who is currently not living up to what we expect from our staff or players. (No examples provided)

We all love and hate but we really don't need to fuel it with pointless words here...it is in our heart and gut and shirley that is enough.
Quite an astonishing point of view.
Not sure whether to be proud of the noble intent or roll on floor laughing. Bit of both really!
One thing is that I do take perverse enjoyment from the Dogs losing. And Trent is stuck there, he can't possibly resign from this job too so he'll have to stick it out until eventually sacked. Law of averages says the Dogs will win some games eventually, may not be for a year or two though.
I personally don't think he's a terrible coach, I just think there is an awful lot that goes into making a good NRL coach but none of them involve pulling the pin on your team part way through :)
Go Manly (and whoever is playing the Dogs, Eels Storm and Chooks)

Not sure whether to be proud of the noble intent or roll on floor laughing. Bit of both really!
One thing is that I do take perverse enjoyment from the Dogs losing. And Trent is stuck there, he can't possibly resign from this job too so he'll have to stick it out until eventually sacked. Law of averages says the Dogs will win some games eventually, may not be for a year or two though.
I personally don't think he's a terrible coach, I just think there is an awful lot that goes into making a good NRL coach but none of them involve pulling the pin on your team part way through :)
Pulling the pin , spitting the dummy and sitting on the sideline was a very very bad look!!

But of course it was “Bad Manly won’t pay him out “.

Not singling out anyone but the continual Barrett bashing is just so un-Manly to me.

Yeah the club made a huge mistake and he ended up being an insult to the jersey we love and a stain on our history but it is purile to go on and on about something that has happened. We are bigger than this, no?

He obviously doesn't need us to belittle his accomplishments...he does it all on his own on a weekly basis. Is that not enough? It is for me.

Let's move on, be REAL Manly supporters and bash the living shlt out of someone who is currently not living up to what we expect from our staff or players. (No examples provided)

We all love and hate but we really don't need to fuel it with pointless words here...it is in our heart and gut and shirley that is enough.
Perspective time ...

I appreciate your great ethics feathered friend but part of being a NRL high paid head coach is being in the spot light and being accountable for the impact you make on your team and the game

NRL forums are all about commenting on the NRL competition and we Silvertails are effectively doing our job and Trent apparently is not doing his

Pulling the pin , spitting the dummy and sitting on the sideline was a very very bad look!!

But of course it was “Bad Manly won’t pay him out “.
Perspective time ...

Proud Manly people do not carry hate in our Hearts

We are only disappointed at those who dishonour our Legendary club

Actually he can leave if he doesnt get a decent table and chair...or can he?

Bored ... so another reality check ...

In the past 3 weeks .... There have been several stories crediting Penrith's success this year to several factors .... 1) Baz has got a wrap for his work as the attacking coach and 2) Ciraldo has received equal praise for their defence ....

Now Cleary is the Coach ... but he doesn't appear to have a problem with, or contest those facts ... instead takes credit for putting a good support team in place ... critical in today's game ...

Now, when the numbnuts take time off from rubbing salve on their sore butts, and stop eating the crayons .... they will remember the real reason that Baz quit had nothing to do with chairs ... but the fact that Penn refused to employ the support staff that had been promised ... refused to fund the club up to professional standards ....
Crickets.

Bad half's and no million dollar superstars in Thier team. Addo Carr will help. And they will be hoping Burton will be that million dollar superstars for years to come. But screw em.

Actually he can leave if he doesnt get a decent table and chair...or can he?
You're right, he can, but that would be the death knell for his NRL head coach aspirations.
Quit once, yeah yeah no furniture or sprint coach, but quit twice? Good luck getting your next appointment!

Bored ... so another reality check ...

In the past 3 weeks .... There have been several stories crediting Penrith's success this year to several factors .... 1) Baz has got a wrap for his work as the attacking coach and 2) Ciraldo has received equal praise for their defence ....

Now Cleary is the Coach ... but he doesn't appear to have a problem with, or contest those facts ... instead takes credit for putting a good support team in place ... critical in today's game ...

Now, when the numbnuts take time off from rubbing salve on their sore butts, and stop eating the crayons .... they will remember the real reason that Baz quit had nothing to do with chairs ... but the fact that Penn refused to employ the support staff that had been promised ... refused to fund the club up to professional standards ....
How's it going at the dogs Trent :)

This was Barretts calls, so can't play the card of not having input.

100%

I was arguing with plenty on here in the pre-season who were bemoaning our squad and frothing over the Dogs signings.

Never saw it

Burton is a good pickup but a lot of pressure.

Addo Carr is a fantastic winger but cant see him as a game changer at fullback

The fox will spend 4-5 weeks at fullback next year, then end up back on a wing.

Doing SFA, and eating up cap, a la Cotric.

In fact I would try Cotric at fullback before the Fox.

These guys, along with Allen, are wasted at the Dogs with **** halves, **** hooker and a **** coach

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8