End of the massive Islander Boys?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah Holbrook was quite confident he could turn things around with the cattle they had available, but it's becoming apparent that they need a full rebuild ala Knights and Dogs.

Bryce Cartwright
Jai Arrow
Jarrod Wallace
Kevin Proctor
Nathan Peats
Ryan James
Shannon Boyd
Tyrone Peachey (when he plays lock)

Lots of teams would love to boast that forward pack, eh? I don't get it?

How bad do you feel for Brian Kelly? Since his move back to the Titans, he's played 25 games, and won 4, or 16% of his games. Wouldn't feel great, I reckon.
Loved watching Kelly when he was with us, was a bit rocks and diamonds but always exciting. GC paid overs for him and don't think we would've upgraded him if he stayed so I guess it was a no brainer for him but I bet it stings a little when he sees us playing finals.

Bryce Cartwright
Jai Arrow
Jarrod Wallace
Kevin Proctor
Nathan Peats
Ryan James
Shannon Boyd
Tyrone Peachey (when he plays lock)

Lots of teams would love to boast that forward pack, eh? I don't get it?
It's probably a mix of players not being fully invested in the team (like Peachey, who never really wanted to go there in the first place) and those who just don't care enough about playing rugby league (like Cartwright).
It could also be that the Gold Coast is just plain cursed when it comes to rugby league teams. Every time they try to manufacture a team up there, that team fails miserably. The Giants, Seagulls, Gladiators and Chargers were all abominations. Didn't matter who played there, or who coached there, they just couldn't cut it. The Titans have been more of the same. No idea why, but the "Rugby League Gods" apparently hate the place, even though they're also all from Queensland.

Beaver would have been even better under the current rules. He would be the perfect player.
I'll be pleased to see a reduction in the importance of bulk. In fact, the way that RL is now headed will probably mean lesser emphasis on weight and gym training and more on aerobic fitness. The more mobile player will become more valuable. There will be less bash'n'crash and greater ball movement. RL body shapes will probably become more like the 'rovers' in AFL who can run all day.
I'm also surmising that the temptation to use steroids to build bulk will be diminished.

Yeah Holbrook was quite confident he could turn things around with the cattle they had available, but it's becoming apparent that they need a full rebuild ala Knights and Dogs.
They have good players, mainly they need a halfback instead of that million dollar player who plays at about 1/10th that value. He's probably a nice guy but for whatever reasons has not lived up to the massive potential or price tag, and now he is clearly a millstone around their neck.

I'm also surmising that the temptation to use steroids to build bulk will be diminished.
I'm sure there are other performance enhancing drugs somewhere to fit the needs of the current game. Rodney Howe could probably make some astute recommendations, his play doubled the output of every other prop!

They have good players, mainly they need a halfback instead of that million dollar player who plays at about 1/10th that value. He's probably a nice guy but for whatever reasons has not lived up to the massive potential or price tag, and now he is clearly a millstone around their neck.
The difference in Titans game yesterday was the halves. Taylor would be average in Qld cup and Fogarty really did nothing! Taylor was outplayed by both cowboys halves in creativity and in particular end of set kicks. Peachey needs to go to 5/8 for Titans or they are in for a long year

Taumalolo tore apart the Titans, who have a very good pack (but look quite unfit for some reason?) last night.

I feel really bad for their coach, because Justin Holbrook is a good guy imo.

Think I heard they are on a 14 game, 12 month losing streak or something :( Sad for their fans.
They have really gone down hill since they sacked their great captain: Nate Myles.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4