End of the massive Islander Boys?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Ok so maybe the headline is way over the top but i do wonder if these new rules if they continue will hurt the big Pacific island boys the most?

So far it looks as thou you need bigish mobile guys with lots of ticker. Now I'm not saying the PI boys dont have ticker but over the last decade they have been almost engineered by the clubs to be massive 30 min battering rams.

Will this new speed mean a complete redesign f9r the boys?

I feel players like gojetski could do well.

I reckon players like Toumololo, Pengai Jnr, Kikau and even our own AFB (Raw Power), will love it....the tricky part will be game management as you could well be on point defensively if left on too long and become ragged....but in attack, these big mobile blokes will blow up the middle big time.
Actually looking forward to big Paseka as he could really thrive when fully fit.

Last edited:
Ok so maybe the headline is way over the top but i do wonder if these new rules if they continue will hurt the big Pacific island boys the most?

So far it looks as thou you need bigish mobile guys with lots of ticker. Now I'm not saying the PI boys dont have ticker but over the last decade they have been almost engineered by the clubs to be massive 30 min battering rams.

Wondering the same myself. A couple of big boys for the Rabbitohs tonight look out of place with the pace of the game.

To me it's more the lazy players that are gone. We are seeing it now, you don't put in the 1% you've got no hope.

I’m thinking blokes like Cameron Murray, Angus Crichton, Jai Arrow, Victor Radley (no way was his tackle a penalty, he smashed him, fair and square), and of course our own Jake T, with his motor, are going to go up another level taking advantage of the fatigue in the middle and edges.
As already mentioned the timing when bringing on your PI boys is going to be so important.
I noticed Shannon Boyd got brought on with three minutes to go in the first half.

Last edited:
Afb will be fine, the guy plays big minutes so, he should be able to play uptempo for shorter stints.

They'll still have their place, but I don't think you want a bench full of them. Maybe not even more than one on the park at a time. If you have two big fellas with poor lateral movement I think you can be exposed with the speed of the ruck. Also, the potential for fatigue to set in during quick periods of sustained sets is greater and there may not be the break in play to get them off.

To me it's more the lazy players that are gone. We are seeing it now, you don't put in the 1% you've got no hope.

All lazy players are on 2 weeks notice ... one weeks notice if they reduce the interchange ....

Wondering the same myself. A couple of big boys for the Rabbitohs tonight look out of place with the pace of the game.

Yeah, it's also hard to gauge aswell as players are coming off 7 week hiatus and lack fitness.

Having guy with massive engines, like Jake will be gold.

Also guys like afb and Marty will be handy as they will blast up the middle as fatigue hits and a nice offload to turbo/walks.

Agreed, Jetski is going to be handy.

The imposters will be uncovered fairly quickly, trouble is, how much cap do they eat up and how long will it take to move them on and get the new look, upgrade replacement in.
Agree totally I was a little worried after first 2 weeks with how much AFB was caught in ruck not getting to his feet quick enough

Taumalolo tore apart the Titans, who have a very good pack (but look quite unfit for some reason?) last night.

I feel really bad for their coach, because Justin Holbrook is a good guy imo.

Think I heard they are on a 14 game, 12 month losing streak or something :( Sad for their fans.

Taumalolo tore apart the Titans, who have a very good pack (but look quite unfit for some reason?) last night.

Think I heard they are on a 14 game, 12 month losing streak or something :( Sad for their fans.
Yeah Holbrook was quite confident he could turn things around with the cattle they had available, but it's becoming apparent that they need a full rebuild ala Knights and Dogs.

One word to explain that

Dan Ferris ( sorry two).

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7