• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cannot understand how “ElLiOt Is SaFe” is still a solid point...? How is he safe?

Is being out of position for every grubber kick ‘Safe’?

Is getting manhandled back into the ingoal ‘safe’?

Is adding literally NOTHING to our attack - actually no, DETRACTING from it as he can’t do a single thing and the ball dies when it goes to him - SAFE?

Being able to catch a high ball doesn’t justify first grade. My grandma could catch a high ball with no pressure put on her a couple times too.

The point is that there are better backup fullbacks for any minimum NRL salary. Nicho Hynes at Melbourne, Caleb Aekins at Penrith, Tex Hoy at Newcastle. Oh wait... Luke Metcalf and Albert Hopoate at Manly Sea Eagles too?!?

Sacrificing 12+ points in attack every game to have a guy who can catch a high ball is not safe. I would rather a kid who will contribute to two tries and then bomb a high ball than a bloke who can catch a bomb but will cost us 2 tries a game and not add anything in attack.

The bloke sucks and as long as he is playing in the 1 I won‘t be blocking out time to watch.
harsh but entirely fair.
There is no we should not be trying Albert and or Metcalf (who if he has any experience at 9 should be given a run at the 14) .
I will be really upset if Guac is replaced as a starter for Waddel or Jetski next week ,he earned his spot on Friday and deserves the chance to keep it.
Same with Funa and even when Walker is back same with Cust
From what I can see Elliot has to go for Albert or Metcalf ,George has to go for iether of Miske or Funa depending if Parker is brought back in this week .
so for me against the Knights and hoping for a dry track for Alberts debut

DCE
Cust
Schuster
Funa
Suli
Garrick
Albert

Paseka (is going great ATM must of checked himself out in the mirror and worked out "im a big Motherf*&%$r )
Keppe
Guac
Sirro
Jake

Marty
Sipley
Joel (maybe more effective off the bench)
Metcalf

harsh but entirely fair.
There is no we should not be trying Albert and or Metcalf (who if he has any experience at 9 should be given a run at the 14) .
I will be really upset if Guac is replaced as a starter for Waddel or Jetski next week ,he earned his spot on Friday and deserves the chance to keep it.
Same with Funa and even when Walker is back same with Cust
From what I can see Elliot has to go for Albert or Metcalf ,George has to go for iether of Miske or Funa depending if Parker is brought back in this week .
so for me against the Knights and hoping for a dry track for Alberts debut

DCE
Cust
Schuster
Funa
Suli
Garrick
Albert

Paseka (is going great ATM must of checked himself out in the mirror and worked out "im a big Motherf*&%$r )
Keppe
Guac
Sirro
Jake

Marty
Sipley
Joel (maybe more effective off the bench)
Metcalf
No hooker?

Nicho Hynes spent 3 years in Qld Cup before he got a go. It's not like the guy was a child prodigy. He's 24 and just coming into his own now, and only because they rested Papy. Good on him for working hard and improving - he looked quite handy yesterday, but it was only the Dogs. So it's not like he walked out of our NYC side into Storm first grade, so no point lamenting his loss and carrying on like we lost a "good 'un".

Elliott does his ACL gone for season and most likely 1/2 of next season
Out of contract is his career over ?
Has been good at times for Manly , Unfortunately he is depth player on the minimal wage
Would a club be willing to put him in there top 30

Playing information
Born1 January 1994 (age 26)
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Height186 cm (6 ft 1 in)
Weight94 kg (14 st 11 lb)
PositionWing, Centre, Fullback
YearsTeamPldTGFGP
Club
2014–16Sydney Roosters1490036
2016–17Newcastle Knights23100040
2018Gold Coast Titans30000
2019–Manly Sea Eagles252008
Total65210084

Has been good at times for Manly , Unfortunately he is depth player on the minimal wage

Playing information
Height186 cm (6 ft 1 in)
Club
YearsTeamPldTGFGP
Total65210084
That's probably all she wrote

Playing information
Height186 cm (6 ft 1 in)
YearsTeamPldTGFGP
Club
Total65210084
can't see him playing again in the nrl maybe super league he may get a few games

Last edited:
I wish him well, he's shown pretty much unwavering courage under the high ball, including the one in which he got hurt yesterday. He's also at times showed some decent defence, and a deceptive swerve in attack. Don't think I've ever seen him throw a pass (!) but he doesn't shirk, and I'm grateful he's done his best each time he's been called up to help in first grade. Which has been a hell of a lot.
Thanks and Good luck Brendan!

Sad for him, but I think this is the end of NRL.
He was pretty good filling in for Tommy last year. This year, not so much.
Still, was/is a good clubman, and every club needs guys like Elliott.
Yep he’s on low $$ for a reason. Unfortunately we’ve needed him far too often In the past two seasons. A couple games here and there as a fill is fine. He’s safe under the high ball and positionally handles fb ok - well a lot better than Reubs anyway. I find it funny how so many get worked up over guys like Elliot. It’s kind of pointless really. Anyway, feel a bit bad for him and hope he gets through this injury ok.

Really feel for Elliot as a player looking to secure a future either here in the NRL or over in the ESL.

Without a deal on the table and now unavailable for the next 9 months, you would imagine it will be tough for him moving forward.

The role he filled for us last year was excellent and I wish him all the best with everything moving forward if it isn't with us.

Thanks Brendan ... you have been asked to play well above your pay grade for 2 years ... and you always gave it your best shot ... and did a tradesman like job ...

The fact that a $150k a year player is not as good as the $1.1m player he is replacing upsets some of the numbnuts is not your fault ...

If this is the end ... you can be proud yourself ....

I wish him well, he's shown pretty much unwavering courage under the high ball, including the one in which he got hurt yesterday. He's also at times showed some decent defence, and a deceptive swerve in attack. Don't think I've ever seen him throw a pass (!) but he doesn't shirk, and I'm grateful he's done his best each time he's been called up to help in first grade. Which has been a hell of a lot.
Thanks and Good luck Brendan!
Could not agree more and not easy to be a general Mr Fix it role , utility type player at N R L level but always gave it his best shot . Probably centre is his best and most comfortable position and he did quite well when he played there last season on a couple of occasions . All the best Brendan and thanks for your efforts for Manly and hope you get all of the expected and necessary support during your recovery and for your future plans .

The club could have a moral dilemma on it's hands with this one, if they cast him adrift due to his contract expiring with a long term injury , we would be looked upon as being heartless.
There is probably now no chance he can pick up a gig at another NRL club, and the ESL is probably out of the question, difficult decision.

Brendan Elliot was never a good attacking player, and his defence was adequate at best, though he is safe under a high ball. He was never going to be any more than a back up player at Manly, but because Tom kept getting injured he probably played a lot more first grade than he otherwise would have. And although he was never a player who would be a headline act, he never shirked his responsibility and always played the best he could and for that I can't fault him.

I hope he can recover well from this and go on to have a good career, maybe in the SL where the softer British and French grounds will be less taxing on things like knees.

The club could have a moral dilemma on it's hands with this one, if they cast him adrift due to his contract expiring with a long term injury , we would be looked upon as being heartless.
There is probably now no chance he can pick up a gig at another NRL club, and the ESL is probably out of the question, difficult decision.
Given how late it is in the season/year,he should of been in the process of chasing or had a new deal somewhere already.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6