ELGEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Kelly said in the Q & A that we could expect announcements in May/June on 3 or 4 signings. He said they had made offers. Now are they confirmed & he is waiting to announce them in May or are they offers to Tom Burgess & Elgey (to name 2) which have been declined?

Are we now waiting for announcements on 1 or 2 players who have received offers from us & they could also knock us back.

Kelly may have to make an announcement regarding having no announcement to make!

I hope if the likes of Elgey, T Burgess, maybe Maloney and Myles all knock us back, we don't throw $ around for the sake of it.

Might as well bide our time with our young lower grade half & put either Jamie or Mateo with him & try signing a noteable replacement again next year.

Who knows, the kid might do well.

We of course need another forward or 2 but hopefully Myles comes. He will be a good addition for us.

Kelly said in the Q & A that we could expect announcements in May/June on 3 or 4 signings. He said they had made offers. Now are they confirmed & he is waiting to announce them in May or are they offers to Tom Burgess & Elgey (to name 2) which have been declined?

Are we now waiting for announcements on 1 or 2 players who have received offers from us & they could also knock us back.

Kelly may have to make an announcement regarding having no announcement to make!

I hope if the likes of Elgey, T Burgess, maybe Maloney and Myles all knock us back, we don't throw $ around for the sake of it.

Might as well bide our time with our young lower grade half & put either Jamie or Mateo with him & try signing a noteable replacement again next year.

Who knows, the kid might do well.

We of course need another forward or 2 but hopefully Myles comes. He will be a good addition for us.
T Burgess has another agenda, so that's why he only signed for a years extension, Elgey was a possibility before Seizer decided to go to Canberra and the Tits upgraded Elgey contract.
Let's save our money for someone worthwhile, it's a bitch because we all want to hear some good news.
The last big name player we managed to entice to leave another club was Matt Orford, and Melbourne weren't busting a gut to retain him with Cronk coming through the ranks, and all of that was ten years ago, I won't include Lyon because he was coming back from the UK and was pals with Cleal.
I think Miles is looking more towards Canberra as his wife comes from Braidwood, Maloney at around $400,000 would be ok if he can't get a deal with the Roosters, a lot better than Hodkinson for $600,000 plus

T Burgess has another agenda, so that's why he only signed for a years extension, Elgey was a possibility before Seizer decided to go to Canberra and the Tits upgraded Elgey contract.
Let's save our money for someone worthwhile, it's a bitch because we all want to hear some good news.
The last big name player we managed to entice to leave another club was Matt Orford, and Melbourne weren't busting a gut to retain him with Cronk coming through the ranks, and all of that was ten years ago, I won't include Lyon because he was coming back from the UK and was pals with Cleal.
I think Miles is looking more towards Canberra as his wife comes from Braidwood, Maloney at around $400,000 would be ok if he can't get a deal with the Roosters, a lot better than Hodkinson for $600,000 plus
Albert Kelly and Carney would be nice.

What's everyone's thoughts on Mose Masoe....I think he wants to come back to the NRL next year. Is he dynamic enough and at 120kgs is he to big for the possibly reduced interchange.

What's everyone's thoughts on Mose Masoe....I think he wants to come back to the NRL next year. Is he dynamic enough and at 120kgs is he to big for the possibly reduced interchange.
I think the reduced interchange could suit us. Guys like Jake and Lawrence should benefit. I don't think the club should be signing any monsters.

I am not trying to make us look bad with my post, merely suggesting it is reasonable that people start expecting signings of our own. Whether you think Merrin, or Seizer are good signings or not, (I think Merrin is) the point is they were targeted and secured. Like I said, I am happy to see what transpires over May etc which is the timeline mentioned by Joe Kelly. I certainly don't want signings for signings sake; however, I think they are still a few players on the market that could bring real value to our team.
Its fraught with danger with an unstable culture to announce signings before june 30. Because their club has ammo to get you to break deals. I'd be happy for them to sit on it until we either get a couple of wins or june

I like the idea - he was such a character to boot in the RLWC a few years back.
The game needs characters ASAP :clap:

Looks like we won't need a halfback now. Great; we were going to have to pay way over for Elgey. At least we know DCE is good and probably worth the money.
Now we need to try Hiku and/or Potato at five-eighth.

he's one of those players where performance is deceptive.NSW Cup and SL level he shines, but doesn't yet have it for NRL, they have his match. he has the potential, and age on his side, but a big risk if you are relying on him to be a regular forward leader.

Its fraught with danger with an unstable culture to announce signings before june 30. Because their club has ammo to get you to break deals. I'd be happy for them to sit on it until we either get a couple of wins or june
Yeah, but I would think the club losing the player would be aware of it anyway and could try and sway them back regardless. The other benefit of announcing is to encourage further signings if they know a quality player had already been signed. Pros and cons either way and certainly a difficult juggling act I suspect.

I am not trying to make us look bad with my post, merely suggesting it is reasonable that people start expecting signings of our own. Whether you think Merrin, or Seizer are good signings or not, (I think Merrin is) the point is they were targeted and secured. Like I said, I am happy to see what transpires over May etc which is the timeline mentioned by Joe Kelly. I certainly don't want signings for signings sake; however, I think there are still a few players on the market that could bring real value to our team.
Over paying is still over paying and the clubs that do always regret it. You see it every year in the NBA when teams think one guy will get them over the top and it never does.

Smart teams march to the beat of their own drum - market be damned. .

That's got us in a good situation now reserve grade forwards and no halves.

We are certainly marching to our own beat
That would be mainly injuries and the previous management.

If they get Myles and DCE or even Myler we are looking better than a club who has overpaid for Foz or Sezer (who has achieved nothing BTW)

if the dce backflip rumour is true then we probably wont need elgey, id probably still sign him if the opportunity arose though. if not sign myler or give travers the number 6
6 myler / travers / egley
7 dce

If Elgey is anything but depth, we are in trouble. Also any defensive line pressuring Elgey / DCE at the Gold Coast will monster that team. With Myles going, and Bird retiring soon, they are fast running out of quality forwards - they are in trouble.

That would be mainly injuries and the previous management.

If they get Myles and DCE or even Myler we are looking better than a club who has overpaid for Foz or Sezer (who has achieved nothing BTW)

Yes let's blame it on previous management it's so easy that way.

You are kidding we are not looking better than anyone at the moment other clubs (like it or not) are building we are doing nothing.

No halves and no forward pack that halves with any options would want to play behind.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10