ELGEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Seriously a few weeks of silence on the signing front and you guys are on the verge of resorting to cannibalism. Take a chill pill and wait until May/June when the club will have had a chance to do some actual contract negotiations. Sezer signing with the Raiders instead of us isn't the end of the world, he's solid but not spectacular.

So NRL 360 has Elgey almost certainly at The Titans, almost no matter the cost now. I hope this was always the strategy, and Manly were just amping up his asking price.

Anyway I hope we are after Carney and that U.K. half.

Blake Austin is barely a first grader. That's why he went from Tigers to Raiders.

But he is probably as good as we can hope for.

Then we can all bag him next season when we 2 from 10.

That may be Bob, but he made us look like Z-graders.
Or was it Manly that made him look like a world beater ?

Yeah let's wait until every other team has finished recruiting and we will pick over the scraps.

Sounds like a solid plan to me.

I'm not saying the club should wait, just that people here should. I'm sure the club is very active at the moment. But it would be just plain bad business to telegraph all their intentions to the world.

Seriously a few weeks of silence on the signing front and you guys are on the verge of resorting to cannibalism. Take a chill pill and wait until May/June when the club will have had a chance to do some actual contract negotiations. Sezer signing with the Raiders instead of us isn't the end of the world, he's solid but not spectacular.
In fairness, Titans have managed to sign DCE, Parra have signed Foran, Hopoate and Scott, Canberra have signed Seizer, Roosters have re-signed...well everyone. Bulldogs have re-signed Kasiano and others, Penrith have signed Merrin and I could go on, so other clubs have been able to sign players since the start of the year, and none of those clubs are in the situation we are in and need good signatures as much as we do. Having said that, we have re-signed Matai and Ballin which are positives..

I think it's fair people start to wonder what is happening, we are in mid April now. I will be patient however; and look forward to some good signings / re-signing of our young stars over the next month.

Last edited:
In fairness, Titans have managed to sign DCE, Parra have signed Foran, Hopoate and Scott, Canberra have signed Seizer, Roosters have re-signed...well everyone. Bulldogs have re-signed Kasiano and others, Penrith have signed Merrin and I could go on, so other clubs have been able to sign players since the start of the year, and none of those clubs are in the situation we are in and need good signatures as much as we do. Having said that, we have re-signed Matai and Ballin which are positives..

I think it's fair people start to wonder what is happening, we are in mid April now. I will be patient however; and look forward to some good signings / re-signing of our young stars over the next month.

The legwork for Parra signing Foz was done last year and the deal is massive overs, the Titans got DCE by throwing the kitchen sink at him - a move that will probably massively inhibit their ability to put a good side together. Merrin to Penrith isn't all that amazing, nor is Sezer to the Raiders for mine. Re-signings are something that we have done too so I don't see that as something you can point to other clubs doing as to make us look bad. Really the only development in the signing front that doesn't look so positive to me so far is that we might miss out on Elgey, but that seems to be more because he is a GC kid and doesn't really want to leave.

There is plenty of talent still out there to be had, and our recruitment team usually does pretty well for itself. I'm sure positive moves are being made behind the scenes that us plebs simply aren't privy to - and rightfully so, given how messy these things are when played out in the media.

The roosters mustn't want Maloney but at the right price he is the bloke we should go after. He's a very good goal kicker and is tried and tested in the NRL. His defence might be suss at times but he also a very creative half.

We don't want to be paying overs for Elgey, we should just sit back and wait because just about every year there's another half who will burst onto the scene as "the next big thing" and alot of those have failed in the top grade.

The roosters mustn't want Maloney but at the right price he is the bloke we should go after. He's a very good goal kicker and is tried and tested in the NRL. His defence might be suss at times but he also a very creative half.

We don't want to be paying overs for Elgey, we should just sit back and wait because just about every year there's another half who will burst onto the scene as "the next big thing" and alot of those have failed in the top grade.

Not a big fan of Maloney but possibly you could play him a halfback, and Mateo or Hiku at five-eighth. As you say Maloney is a good goal kicker, and more than handy at field goals which often mean the difference between a win and a loss
I have been disappointed with Elgey. Highlight reels from the Under 20s are usually un-real!

The legwork for Parra signing Foz was done last year and the deal is massive overs, the Titans got DCE by throwing the kitchen sink at him - a move that will probably massively inhibit their ability to put a good side together. Merrin to Penrith isn't all that amazing, nor is Sezer to the Raiders for mine. Re-signings are something that we have done too so I don't see that as something you can point to other clubs doing as to make us look bad. Really the only development in the signing front that doesn't look so positive to me so far is that we might miss out on Elgey, but that seems to be more because he is a GC kid and doesn't really want to leave.

There is plenty of talent still out there to be had, and our recruitment team usually does pretty well for itself. I'm sure positive moves are being made behind the scenes that us plebs simply aren't privy to - and rightfully so, given how messy these things are when played out in the media.
I am not trying to make us look bad with my post, merely suggesting it is reasonable that people start expecting signings of our own. Whether you think Merrin, or Seizer are good signings or not, (I think Merrin is) the point is they were targeted and secured. Like I said, I am happy to see what transpires over May etc which is the timeline mentioned by Joe Kelly. I certainly don't want signings for signings sake; however, I think there are still a few players on the market that could bring real value to our team.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10