ELGEY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
People are living in the past if they think we aren't a strong possibility to get the spoon. Unbelievable injury toll , coach problems, players not getting on etc.I would think after the Tirans win today we will be favourites or close to it.

You would think with all the other clubs supposedly in the running like Canberra Titans etc showing good form at times we will need another 6 or 7 wins to avoid the spoon in 17 outings. Just can't see where they will come from. If it happens then it happens , we are in rebuild phase and the next few years will have our ups and downs but they will be exciting..We have been spoilt with a great bunch of players for so long.

Btw as I have said before... this Elgey kid can play and to discard his ability after a couple of ordinary games was foolish. If DCE stays on the GC they will be a force to be reckoned with but sound like we are some chance to keep him.

Last edited:
People are living in the past if they think we aren't a strong possibility to get the spoon. Unbelievable injury toll , coach problems, players not getting on etc.I would think after the Tirans win today we will be favourites or close to it.

You would think with all the other clubs supposedly in the running like Canberra Titans etc showing good form at times we will need another 6 or 7 wins to avoid the spoon in 17 outings. Just can't see where they will come from. If it happens then it happens , we are in rebuild phase and the next few years will have our ups and downs but they will be exciting..We have been spoilt with a great bunch of players for so long.

Btw as I have said before... this Elgey kid can play and to discard his ability after a couple of ordinary games was foolish. If DCE stays on the GC they will be a force to be reckoned with but sound like we are some chance to keep him.
Poor mans jeff robson mate. Only difference is robson is a giant in comparison

Seen him play a lot. Has been best of his peers for a while. Robson was a reserve grader with us years ago and never really stood out as a junior.robson wouldn't lace this kids boots.

He had a fabulous game today , made one error, set up several try's , kicked well in fact outplayed anything $CE has dished up so far!!

Sign him NOW

Uh oh

Lloyd Perrett commented on Kane's latest instagram photo saying "Congrats on the manly deal".

I assume he's taking the piss given the response from some of his other mates but

Atleast i hope that's the case..

This was on the Gold Coast forum. Anyone with twitter that can confirm?

Uh oh

Lloyd Perrett commented on Kane's latest instagram photo saying "Congrats on the manly deal".

I assume he's taking the piss given the response from some of his other mates but

As I have said before, $CE goes up there he's never playing 7 again, except at SOO time .

He has two choices, Manly or Sharks.

Besides we will also have his captain Nate Myles.

Can't find anything on line about it (hope it's true)

My comments are just that I think that's what will happen, LG and Myles may well stay at the Goldie even if $CE goes up there , but from everything I've read online, and on here, the Titans have cap issues and can't keep Myles if they take $CE, the Elgey move would be that the kid wants to play 7, he's not built for a 6, so where does he sit if he stays, yep behind Cherry.

Oh that an he'll be on a much bigger pay day if he moved .

Uh oh

Yep it was posted on his photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 92
They spoke on the TV last night about whether DCE could play 5/8 and the general consensus was that he could, but I'd doubt he'd like being their star recruit and having to play second fiddle to a newbie.

And he'd be stuck playing there for at least 4 years....Does everyone else think he's the best option available to us....or should we be looking at someone else ?

I'm not sure Lyons body can handle the more physical nature of 5/8 for a prolonged period.
he'll retire end of next year earliest anyways, id be for lyon at 5/8 as itll mean gutho and trbojevic get opportunities and riley travers will get blooded + experience sometime during a lyon/elgey partnership. then again id love to see a myler/elgey halves partnership as well, but i think travers should be one of our next halves in the coming years

And he'd be stuck playing there for at least 4 years....Does everyone else think he's the best option available to us....or should we be looking at someone else ?
He's the one IMO.
He controlled the game against the Panfers last week, something our million dollar halves failed to do when played the Panfers.
I like when ball playing he's very direct at the line, not like most halves who play sideways too much.
We've got to go hard for him now DCE is definitely gone.

Poss Richie Myler (@Ryan). He's the former England 7, is 24, wants to play here (NRL anyway) but no idea what kind of money it would take to get him.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10