Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1686886300859.png

Being so valuable, soldiers in the Roman army were sometimes paid with salt instead of money. Their monthly allowance was called "salarium" ("sal" being the Latin word for salt).

This Latin root can be recognized in the French word "salaire" — and it eventually made it into the English language as the word "salary."

Being so valuable, soldiers in the Roman army were sometimes paid with salt instead of money. Their monthly allowance was called "salarium" ("sal" being the Latin word for salt).

This Latin root can be recognized in the French word "salaire" — and it eventually made it into the English language as the word "salary."
Understandable.
I'd consider enlisting if they paid in BBQ sauce, or maybe sriracha.

Dear oh dear.
Which reminds me, I saw a snippet on tv recently which said the hippopotamus is one of the most dangerous animals in the world. I looked at my old Labrador cross and couldn’t help thinking, Gee I’m lucky you aren’t a hippopotamus!
Hungry Cincinnati Zoo GIF by Cameo

Dear oh dear.
Which reminds me, I saw a snippet on tv recently which said the hippopotamus is one of the most dangerous animals in the world. I looked at my old Labrador cross and couldn’t help thinking, Gee I’m lucky you aren’t a hippopotamus!
Hungry Cincinnati Zoo GIF by Cameo

Yes, but are they hippopotamus, or just a really cool popotamus???

- I forget who said that one. Mitch Hedberg or flight of the conchords

(Hippopotamus means 'river horse')

ouch...

lol

A $70 million Lotto Max jackpot prize remains unclaimed with just hours to go before it expires.

The winning ticket, which was bought in Toronto's Scarborough neighbourhood, will expire at 10:30 p.m. ET Wednesday unless the rightful ticket holder comes forward, the Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation says.

What!!!! It's probably some poor soul who got hospitalised or something, they'll wake from a coma and be told you snooze you lose! Aaghghhh

What!!!! It's probably some poor soul who got hospitalised or something, they'll wake from a coma and be told you snooze you lose! Aaghghhh

true!

The rules in Canada are that you have a year then you get zero dollarydoos.... and also, all major winners have to be identified. Unlike Aust where you can remain anonymous, nope, you gotta front up with your name and pic.

well...

they snoozed and they loozed..!

Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. says a $70 million Lotto Max ticket that had gone unclaimed for a year has not been physically validated and is now expired.

The ticket, drawn on June 28, 2022, was purchased at a lottery retailer in Scarborough. Players have one year to claim their prize.

Must be nice...

Hey...you are SO bad, have 20 MILL not to play for us.....

NHL teams are allowed to buyout a player's contract to obtain a reduced salary cap hit over a period of twice the remaining length of contract and in Ekman-Larsson's case, the overall remaining total of that spend is valued at two-thirds of his deal.

With $29,000,000 salary remaining, the buyout spans eight years, at a cost of $19,333,333 and a savings of $9,666,667. If the club had retained Ekman-Larsson's services, he would have been paid at total of $18,500,000 over the next two years alone.

And he was.... total...total crap as well. My god was he bad. fmd he was useless. omg he was terrible....and I hate bagging players. But this guy.... "speechless"

well...

they snoozed and they loozed..!

Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp. says a $70 million Lotto Max ticket that had gone unclaimed for a year has not been physically validated and is now expired.

The ticket, drawn on June 28, 2022, was purchased at a lottery retailer in Scarborough. Players have one year to claim their prize.
oh well , easy come, easy go @:D

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8