Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 16, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

34 4
CommBank Stadium
17 Jun 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
If these clowns pick Pangai and Moses then it will re inforce that Fittler has N.F.I.
This is not a Fittler thing . It is a NSW thing feathered friend and it has been happening since day one Origin

The Tragic truth is ....Any one the NSW Blues pick are on a hiding for nothing

There is no way around the Dynamic and Dominant Maroon DNA

DCE says enduring Qld rumours worth it | SBS News

For those that like a dabble on the games,Manly are still $2.50 in some markets for this weekend’s Eels match.Take it before it comes in once Moses is picked for NSW
Suspended now, the dogs are barking re selections
41F07770-272E-429D-96E7-61A49C968BCD.jpeg

We won the last game because the 7 didn't slide and completed the 6 ..it balanced out plus Bully and Ola are the gun seconds

Rumours aside, it wouldn't look great on Fittler's selection options if he picks Hynes for game 1, uses him for 10mins out of position when Turbo goes off, then doesn't pick him when the position he plays at a club level opens up thru Cleary's injury.

If Fittler chooses Moses, then he outs himself as a pretty eccentric and impulsive selector.

Will be good for us if Moses and Brown are both out I guess, but as a Blues supporter i'd be questioning the thought processses in Fittler's mushy cranium if he selects Moses and drops Nicho.

Honestly I’m not even sure who comes in at 7 for the Eels, their NSW Cup team got lapped by the dogs on the weekend and had no notable halves.

If Moses is picked for origin, I think you will most likely see:

1)
Gutho to half with Daejarn Asi
Sean Russell to full back (his preferred position)
Haze Dunster come in for Russell on wing

2)
Bryce Cartwright to 5/8 (one of his positions) alongside Daejarn Asi

With Ryan Matterson and Joe Ofahengaue both supposed to return from injury, Cartwright moving to 5/8 seems most likely option to me

I don't see them playing Jordan Rankin at half as he is a little off the pace, but it's possible

And I think halves like Ethan Sanders are probably a little too young to blood. Even if he is a gun and SG grand final man of the match

Last edited:
If Moses is picked for origin, I think you will most likely see:

1)
Gutho to half with Daejarn Asi
Sean Russell to full back (his preferred position)
Haze Dunster come in for Russell on wing

2)
Bryce Cartwright to 5/8 (one of his positions) alongside Daejarn Asi

With Ryan Matterson and Joe Ofahengaue both supposed to return from injury, Cartwright moving to 5/8 seems most likely option to me

I don't see them playing Jordan Rankin at half as he is a little off the pace, but it's possible

And I think halves like Ethan Sanders are probably a little too young to blood. Even if he is a gun and SG grand final man of the match
Thanks for your inside knowledge on possible Parra selection picks. Are you feeling confident with those players out, or a bit weary on what Manly might bring.

Moses picked for NSW.
That's a big out for them heading into this weekend.

Moses being picked levels up the game for sure. Brad Arthur and the Schu should form a good halves partnership and I wouldn't be messing with Garrick and Koula in the centers. So that will give Weekes another chance to make his mark. If our pack turns up to play and we play error free footy again then it's game on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8