Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Killer and the Kid (Dylan) bonding with high fives after a training session .
12345640_10153733214760993_6763333996037914269_n.jpg

"I just wanted to tell my family and friends that I have found a new football home. I am relieved the wait is finally over. I already love the club, its players, coaching staff and the fans I have met in the street."

Can we get him a life membership..?

"I just wanted to tell my family and friends that I have found a new football home. I am relieved the wait is finally over. I already love the club, its players, coaching staff and the fans I have met in the street."

Can we get him a life membership..?
Baby steps... sign him up for a regular membership first. We need to hit the 9,000 mark before the new year ;)

Dylan Walker ‘used and abused’ by flawed process : Barrister Julieanne Levick
by Daniel Lane

Barrister Julieanne Levick, who represented Dylan Walker during South Sydney's investigation into the incident that resulted in him and former teammate Aaron Gray being hospitalised after taking what was believed to be a combination of tramadol and oxycodone, says the NRL can't be considered to be serious about the prescription drug abuse among its players until the governing body appoints an independent doctor to oversee what is being prescribed.

Levick has become the "go to" legal eagle for NRL stars, representing William Hopoate in his dispute with Parramatta, Robbie Farah against Wests Tigers, Todd Carney v Cronulla, and a host of other matters that kept journos busy throughout 2015.

She has scant regard for the way in which, she says, some NRL clubs don't seem to respect due process and maintains her claim that Walker, who played the season for Souths fuelled by pain killers after breaking his hand, was "sucked in, chewed up and well and truly spat out. Used and abused."

Her own investigations into the use of prescription drugs by NRL players while researching the Walker case should sound alarm bells. As a result she would like to see the NRL create an overarching body to monitor what doctors prescribe to players. She also believes club doctors should not have the job of diagnosing whether a player is concussed.

"The whole Dylan Walker scandal, coupled with other players within the game, means there's clearly a can of worms waiting to be opened regarding the prescribing of pharmaceutical opiates, post-operatively to players," Levick said.

"From what I've observed, the NRL needs to increase its education of the players. The clubs say they're doing that but, having said that, in Dylan Walker's case, South Sydney even recommended themselves that greater education is required.

"There is a compelling case for a body to oversee the conduct of the NRL's club doctors. The doctors need to remember the fundamental of their calling is their duty of care to player/patient – not a football club or coach. From what I've gathered, there's instances where it could appear as though they're acting at the behest of a club."

Levick says some of the stories she has been told would raise eyebrows at the Health Care Complaints Commission.

Levick did not receive any Christmas cards from the NRL chief executives she was pitted against this year (they might have been lost in the mail), but she doesn't care, describing her push for reform – medically and administratively – as worth the fight.

"If it saves a player or two or helps make their lives better, well, let them [league officials] think what they want," she said. "I don't give a damn."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/dylan-w...nne-levick-20151224-glup9l.html#ixzz3vU4jJVgg
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

I do recall Choc bless his soul, used to love talking about "getting a needle" at half time in order to finish a game. I assume pain killer usage is pretty rampant and in a lot of situations, clubs think "****, just pump the idiot full of pain killers and he'll get through a game or a season" and then they can have surgery in the offseason. Usually for good players as the drop off to their replacement is quite steep...

Speaking of concussion is Sam Burgess going to start the season with a lengthy suspension for playing concussed in his last NRL game as he freely admitted?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6