Dylan Walker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sea Eagles Sign Dylan Walker

Thu 17th December, 12:00AM
1450230139770.jpg

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles are excited to announce the recruitment of Australian representative Dylan Walker to a four year contract.

The 21-year-old marquee signing continues the Club’s impressive off season recruitment drive under new Head Coach Trent Barrett and Strategic Football Consultant Bob Fulton.

Walker commented that he is able and ready to fill the vacant five-eighth positon in the star studded Sea Eagles backline if Barrett moves in that direction.

“I would love to play six alongside Daly Cherry-Evans and inside both Steve Matai and Jamie Lyon,’’ Walker said.

“Five-eighth was my favourite position coming through the juniors and if the coach wants me there I will jump at the opportunity.

“I’m excited to be at such a great Club – once I was moving from Souths, the Sea Eagles was my first and only priority.

“I’m delighted I am now a Sea Eagle.”

Manly Chairman Scott Penn applauded the football department’s continued drive and enthusiasm on building a powerful squad for 2016.

“Trent Barrett and Bob Fulton have worked tirelessly to attract quality players to our Club together with head management,’’ Penn said.

“Dylan Walker will be a favourite with our Members playing alongside and with some of the best players in the game.”

Coach Trent Barrett said Walker’s signing is a coupe for the Club.

“He is one of the brightest stars in the game – his team-mates can’t wait to play alongside him,’’ Barrett said.

Sea Eagles CEO Joe Kelly said Walker’s signing was a significant momentum boost for the Club.

“Dylan is a rare talent much sought after by a multitude of clubs. His decision to play in maroon and white is a salute to our history and where we are headed in the immediate future,’’ Kelly said.

So released at 12am. Is that when the early edition papers have been printed..

Has to some weird deal there somewhere

Awesome. We knew it was happening but awesome to have it public and to know he will be slotting in in 5/8 and likely playing a versatile running role which should suit him and us
Could not agree more.

Love the whole "five week rebuild" thing hehehhe... Clubs like the squeels must be thinking WTF?!?? How do they do that all the time??

I know he's only 21 and I'll cut him some slack but it would be great for the players to do something like Toastmasters so they don't always sound terrible when giving interviews...

I know he's only 21 and I'll cut him some slack but it would be great for the players to do something like Toastmasters so they don't always sound terrible when giving interviews...
To the younger people, Toastmasters sounds like the show to replace My Kitchen Rules or Masterchef

Another disgraceful announcement by The club orchestrated by Zorba - obviously to take the gloss off the the football club AGM tonight.

When will the bitterness end!

There's some real positive people in this place.......

Personally, I'm stoked that we have made it official. I will take a midnight press release over none at all.

Awesome news great to finally have this announced. We have a really solid roster next season, going to be interesting to see how we go. Walker was the final piece.

Looking forward to 2016

Another disgraceful announcement by The club orchestrated by Zorba - obviously to take the gloss off the the football club AGM tonight.

When will the bitterness end!
Nah didn't you read the memo. It took Bozo flying up to Coffs Harbour to "secure Walker's signature". Walker must have been up there meditating and skimming stones down at the beach.

Timing counterpoint: just realised that they may have had to wait until today to announce it due to cooling off period or whatever so they announced it as soon as midnight ticked over. Kind of like when the free agency period opens in the NBA and they contact players at 12:00:01

Nah didn't you read the memo. It took Bozo flying up to Coffs Harbour to "secure Walker's signature". Walker must have been up there meditating and skimming stones down at the beach.

NRL Recruitment Rule:

• A player may sign an extension of his contract with his existing club at any time
• A player may sign with a new club only during the final year of his contract
• A 10 business day cooling off period will apply to all contracts
A club signing a player is prohibited from making an announcement until the cooling off period has expired

So either Manly will be sanctioned or Walker signed prior to the FC AGM date @:rolleyes:

Glad the DT article acknowledged the Isaac John signing. The poor guy was in every photo, but was never officially announced by Manly :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8