Dummy half battle about to get real

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let's put in perspective the Fainu situation...there is little doubt he would give Manly exactly what we are lacking in relation to lighting up our middle, which has improved dramatically, but could be as dangerous as ANY other NRL side with his inclusion.
I have been confident of his inclusion, but the case has become a drag and we do need to look at the best options with who is guaranteed to be available in a months time.
Lawton is definately a far bigger firecracker out of dummy half adding explosive running, which would add great dynamics, to be blunt I have little idea on his defence or game management, so it comes down to more than just adding zip.
Keeping it real, to have Fainu back would be the "Dream result" with daylight second, but must at this time be looked at this as simply a bonus if it can happen, with the other options what we need to assess.....
The 1 thing I do know is as soon as Lawton is available he needs a bench spot with 10 - 15 minutes back end of halves to test him and if he passes with flyying colours, particularly defensively an is smooth/fluent with his passing role, could well turn into the number 1 9 at the club.
I still like Cust also, but Des and the coaching staff have Croker as the preference, which I can omly put down to his defensive game as his distribution and running game (or lack of it) does not strike any fear into the opposition.
How will the back half of 2021 look in relation to dummy half options - what's the thoughts and why ?
Ideally Fainu and Lawton are the rotation, most likely Croker and Lawton for the rest of this year though.

Not sure that Lawton is going to be the next Cameron Smith. He hasn't exactly set the NRL world alight the last 4 or 5 years, so not sure what changes with that scenario just because he is wearing Maroon and White. Also coming off an achilles injury, which I believe are quite notorious to recover from in terms of explosiveness and acceleration.
Dont think anyone is expecting Lawton to be Cam Smith. The expectation is he will be better than Croker.....which is a low bar tbf.

In regards to his career to date, he has has his fair share of injury concerns which have stifled him, but always seems to have been rated.

I see him as a reliable backup and someone who can provide some punch off the bench and cover backrow if needed.

Needless to say if Fainu goes down we still need to go to market

He is potentially available for the last few rounds and semis. I would not hesitate to get him straight back in the team off the bench.
Not sure if I would hold my breath even if he is found innocent.
The Nrl integrity unit will still have to clear him for play.......I wonder how speedy they will do that if we are in a roll, coming up against a favoured team.
Glad Toddy hasn't his baldy fkn head about

I hate to get all politically correct on this one but probably prudent.

Rather than "get's off" I think we should be looking at a measure of "I hope he is innocent and proven". If he is guilty then he should be proven as such and punished accordingly.
Was Dylan Walker found to be innocent, or did he just get off, several times

Fainu is our missing link. Geez I hope he gets off. Imagaine having Fainu and Lawton as our 9 and 14 on top of what we have already. A couple more quality additions and we will be genuine contenders.

IF Fainu is not cleared id be going Mitch Rein. Titans have just announced the signing of pommy Daryl Clark so Rein is without a contract and would come relatively cheap. Lawton and Rein as our 9s and Croker/Cust as options is still a good rotation. Rein is carving recently and has one of the best passes in the comp, he has experience and is quick enough to dart out of hooker.
I really can't think of many others out there.
Mitch “blame it on the” Rein?? No thanks. Goin ok when winning nothing now. Wasn’t that long ago he couldn’t get a gig.

Mitch “blame it on the” Rein?? No thanks. Goin ok when winning nothing now. Wasn’t that long ago he couldn’t get a gig.
I go to a lot of Titans games and he is miles better than what we currently have. I just know there really isn't much else out there.
This Fainu situation has such a massive impact on our success over the next few years

He is the Real deal Bozo - actually very strong also, often busts tackles from front rowers who are suprised by his raw Power.....can beat anyone if he was to be included imo.
100% seriously watch the Kayo minis from 2019. Forget how good Fainu is. He gets found not guilty and comes back, wow we will be a force!

Fainu is our missing link. Geez I hope he gets off. Imagaine having Fainu and Lawton as our 9 and 14 on top of what we have already. A couple more quality additions and we will be genuine contenders.

IF Fainu is not cleared id be going Mitch Rein. Titans have just announced the signing of pommy Daryl Clark so Rein is without a contract and would come relatively cheap. Lawton and Rein as our 9s and Croker/Cust as options is still a good rotation. Rein is carving recently and has one of the best passes in the comp, he has experience and is quick enough to dart out of hooker.
I really can't think of many others out there.
Rein is playing better this season.

Des has showed his hand somewhat with Birt, doesn’t look to be in the immediate future plans. If Manase is unavailable the club could look at Liddle, off contract and the Tigers have extended Simpkins.

Holy crap, way to ruin a good mood :eek:. Who needs Leonard Cohen, lol
Pretty sure this is a Paul Simon & Art Garfunkel song. I have no idea who's singing the version but it's damn good. Saying that, the metal band Disturbed does a mighty fine job covering The Sound Of Silence. I highly recommend people to listen to it. The live version on the Connan O'Brien show is spine tingling stuff.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4