Dummy half battle about to get real

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As long as he holds his own, I don't think he will cost us a premiership.

The Roosters won a comp with Sam Verrills in 2019 and he is hardly a world beater. The system and players around him meant he could just be himself and he ended up playing a blinder in the GF.

If we threw, say Josh Hodgson into the mix, he'd constantly get in the way of what we are trying to do. Every now and then, he would create something and we'd all talk about what a threat he is but we'd see plenty less from our other strengths and that's the point.

As long as he holds his own, I don't think he will cost us a premiership.

The Roosters won a comp with Sam Verrills in 2019 and he is hardly a world beater. The system and players around him meant he could just be himself and he ended up playing a blinder in the GF.

If we threw, say Josh Hodgson into the mix, he'd constantly get in the way of what we are trying to do. Every now and then, he would create something and we'd all talk about what a threat he is but we'd see plenty less from our other strengths and that's the point.
Class players enhance a team . They add another dimension . Just like Fainu did when he was playing for us . Hodgson in our pack would be an ace of spades

Would like to see Croker kick out of dummy half more, as a former half he has a good kicking game and I feel like every time he does it ends up pretty well for us.

Don't blame him for not running it as much when he is doing as much in defence as he does. 7th in the league for tackles made at nearly 39 a game and missing only around 2 per game.
Honestly couldn't stand him at the start of the year but he has improved so much and I think there's other areas we need to improve on as whole (errors, defending kicks) to beat the top sides before replacing Froggy at 9.

He cost the Raiders on about 4 occasions last night.
Perspective time

The raiders off field player and coach fall out issues have been well documented and the inconsistency of their team performance has proven that

Before the fall out Hodgson was rated second only to Cam Smith

The raiders off field player and coach fall out issues have been well documented and the inconsistency of their team performance has proven that

Before the fall out Hodgson was rated second only to Cam Smith
Perspective time
One of those already retired and the other is about to turn 32.
At his peak he was a very good player but that was a couple of years ago.

Besides which there's only so much Joshes any group can handle, and we have our quota.

Perspective time
One of those already retired and the other is about to turn 32.
At his peak he was a very good player but that was a couple of years ago.

Besides which there's only so much Joshes any group can handle, and we have our quota.
At 32 he is till a very good player

He is a good player and played well when they beat Manly a few weeks ago.
But every good player doesn't seamlessly fit into every team.
And as I said - come on, he's a Josh, how many do you want?

He is a good player and played well when they beat Manly a few weeks ago.
But every good player doesn't seamlessly fit into every team.
And as I said - come on, he's a Josh, how many do you want?
The more great Josh''s the merrier
You can never have enough great Josh's :)
I think Josh at nine would make our hooker position shine . He is a smart player , very skillful and a strong defender . Josh would add another dimension to our team IMO

Can everybody who doesn't rate Fainu please go back and watch the 2019 season again?

We'd be a top 2 side if he were in the team. Croker has improved out of sight which I am happy for but Fainu was on track to become probably the best hooker in the game before this church dance stabbing crap.

I think our team has adapted to not need a running / kicking hooker.

Mind you , Fainu ( on his previous form ) off the bench and brought on when the forwards start to tire would be a revelation!!
Our team has adapted to what we have at the moment

But there is room for improvement as we look above us and see the Storm and the panthers

Good enough is only good enough for the complacent

Can everybody who doesn't rate Fainu please go back and watch the 2019 season again?

We'd be a top 2 side if he were in the team. Croker has improved out of sight which I am happy for but Fainu was on track to become probably the best hooker in the game before this church dance stabbing crap.
We are all happy when our players compete and make a difference

Croker has made a difference in our stability in the middle

The Difference with a class player like Fainu is that he does not only stabilize our team

Fainu also terrorizes the opposition and he does that without a knife :)

We know what Croker doesn't offer.
But without him and Jake in the middle, our already suspect middle defence would leak a heap of points.
All NRL nines keep the middle tight

The better ones also set the ground alight

While Des would obviously like Fainu at No.9, Froggy has exceeded my expectations and probably Des' as well, because they bought a recognised No.9 (Lawton) from the Warriors, so obviously Des was worried about a potential weakness, as he was last year with Danny, which unfortunately didn't work out too well.

I'm sure Froggy has been getting plenty of insight from Matty Ballin as to what Des wants and has structured his game around how Matty played.

Fainu doesn't have the defensive ability of Froggy and his shoulder injury may lead to defensive lapses however, Fainu is far more dangerous in attack than Froggy and has great lateral vision to see opportunities.

Des loves his workhorses and Froggy is one of those, as is Jake and now also a revelation in Lawton, while playing in the backrow.

The Eels will be 'pumped' for this game and we are missing a lot of strength up front however the Eels are weak on the edges. If we can hold the middle, we'll win on the edge.

While Des would obviously like Fainu at No.9, Froggy has exceeded my expectations and probably Des' as well, because they bought a recognised No.9 (Lawton) from the Warriors, so obviously Des was worried about a potential weakness, as he was last year with Danny, which unfortunately didn't work out too well.

I'm sure Froggy has been getting plenty of insight from Matty Ballin as to what Des wants and has structured his game around how Matty played.

Fainu doesn't have the defensive ability of Froggy and his shoulder injury may lead to defensive lapses however, Fainu is far more dangerous in attack than Froggy and has great lateral vision to see opportunities.

Des loves his workhorses and Froggy is one of those, as is Jake and now also a revelation in Lawton, while playing in the backrow.

The Eels will be 'pumped' for this game and we are missing a lot of strength up front however the Eels are weak on the edges. If we can hold the middle, we'll win on the edge.
Danny's keen to come back, because Bronco's don't want him and he doesn't want to go to Supa League.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10