Dummy half battle about to get real

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Let's put in perspective the Fainu situation...there is little doubt he would give Manly exactly what we are lacking in relation to lighting up our middle, which has improved dramatically, but could be as dangerous as ANY other NRL side with his inclusion.
I have been confident of his inclusion, but the case has become a drag and we do need to look at the best options with who is guaranteed to be available in a months time.

Lawton is definitely a far bigger firecracker out of dummy half adding explosive running, which would add great dynamics, to be blunt I have little idea on his defence or game management, so it comes down to more than just adding zip.

Keeping it real, to have Fainu back would be the "Dream result" with daylight second, but must at this time be looked at this as simply a bonus if it can happen, with the other options what we need to assess.....

The 1 thing I do know is as soon as Lawton is available he needs a bench spot with 10 - 15 minutes back end of halves to test him and if he passes with flying colours, particularly defensively an is smooth/fluent with his passing role, could well turn into the number 1 9 at the club.

I still like Cust also, but Des and the coaching staff have Croker as the preference, which I can only put down to his defensive game as his distribution and running game (or lack of it) does not strike any fear into the opposition.

How will the back half of 2021 look in relation to dummy half options - what's the thoughts and why ?

Let's put in perspective the Fainu situation...there is little doubt he would give Manly exactly what we are lacking in relation to lighting up our middle, which has improved dramatically, but could be as dangerous as ANY other NRL side with his inclusion.
I have been confident of his inclusion, but the case has become a drag and we do need to look at the best options with who is guaranteed to be available in a months time.
Lawton is definately a far bigger firecracker out of dummy half adding explosive running, which would add great dynamics, to be blunt I have little idea on his defence or game management, so it comes down to more than just adding zip.
Keeping it real, to have Fainu back would be the "Dream result" with daylight second, but must at this time be looked at this as simply a bonus if it can happen, with the other options what we need to assess.....
The 1 thing I do know is as soon as Lawton is available he needs a bench spot with 10 - 15 minutes back end of halves to test him and if he passes with flyying colours, particularly defensively an is smooth/fluent with his passing role, could well turn into the number 1 9 at the club.
I still like Cust also, but Des and the coaching staff have Croker as the preference, which I can omly put down to his defensive game as his distribution and running game (or lack of it) does not strike any fear into the opposition.
How will the back half of 2021 look in relation to dummy half options - what's the thoughts and why ?
fainu is potentially the greatest hooker I have seen since cam smith

he has speed on his feet and speed between the ears

speed kills !

Fainu is our missing link. Geez I hope he gets off. Imagaine having Fainu and Lawton as our 9 and 14 on top of what we have already. A couple more quality additions and we will be genuine contenders.

IF Fainu is not cleared id be going Mitch Rein. Titans have just announced the signing of pommy Daryl Clark so Rein is without a contract and would come relatively cheap. Lawton and Rein as our 9s and Croker/Cust as options is still a good rotation. Rein is carving recently and has one of the best passes in the comp, he has experience and is quick enough to dart out of hooker.
I really can't think of many others out there.

Fainu is our missing link. Geez I hope he gets off. Imagaine having Fainu and Lawton as our 9 and 14 on top of what we have already. A couple more quality additions and we will be genuine contenders.

IF Fainu is not cleared id be going Mitch Rein. Titans have just announced the signing of pommy Daryl Clark so Rein is without a contract and would come relatively cheap. Lawton and Rein as our 9s and Croker/Cust as options is still a good rotation. Rein is carving recently and has one of the best passes in the comp, he has experience and is quick enough to dart out of hooker.
I hate to get all politically correct on this one but probably prudent.

Rather than "get's off" I think we should be looking at a measure of "I hope he is innocent and proven". If he is guilty then he should be proven as such and punished accordingly.

Has Clark been announced? I can't see it anywhere?

Good get for them if so

I hate to get all politically correct on this one but probably prudent.

Rather than "get's off" I think we should be looking at a measure of "I hope he is innocent and proven". If he is guilty then he should be proven as such and punished accordingly.
While I understand the sentiment behind this post - it is a clear illustration of the insanity that appears hell-bent on sucking the flavour out of the world.

Fainu if proven innocent is the #1
Lawton will be given a chance in front of Cust I’d expect as it seems Croker is in front of him , So if Lawton can impress with limited minutes he might just get in front of Croker ,
All thing’s aligned Fainu starting Lawton on the bench Cust the back up and Croker not re-signed

While I understand the sentiment behind this post - it is a clear illustration of the insanity that is hell-bent on sucking the flavour out of the world.
Really? I think you need to look at it from a perspective of the fact none of us were there and using a term like "gets off" says pretty much "hope he gets away with it"

If he is guilty then he shouldn't "get off" if he is innocent as we should assume then he isn't "getting off".

I'd hate to look at something in retrospect and think that it was perhaps misjudged

Really? I think you need to look at it from a perspective of the fact none of us were there and using a term like "gets off" says pretty much "hope he gets away with it"

If he is guilty then he shouldn't "get off" if he is innocent as we should assume then he isn't "getting off".

I'd hate to look at something in retrospect and think that it was perhaps misjudged
The same should also apply in reverse - you know - when posters on here refer to him as mcstabby. Why is that okay?

I didn't interpret what @The better Robbo posted as implying that Manase shouldn't be punished if he is guilty. Syntax, turn of phrase, and colloquialisms all play a part in language.

Australians have been using the term "gets off" about court cases for 233 years without it being an issue.

At the end of the day it is just my opinion - and this is your site.

The same should also apply in reverse - you know - when posters on here refer to him as mcstabby. Why is that okay?
But is it? The short answer is probably that every single comment on ST isn't checked and scrutinised. Posters are generally encouraged to self-moderate using common sense (!)
As for language having specific meanings and various connotations, couldn't help noticing this link heading on Foxsports - basically saying Manu admitted guilt. Which he hasn't, he simply admitted he was the person whose identity had been suppressed.
He may be able to sue fox and pay for his lawyers, lol

beast.JPG

But is it? The short answer is probably that every single comment on ST isn't checked and scrutinised. Posters are generally encouraged to self-moderate using common sense (!)
As for language having specific meanings and various connotations, couldn't help noticing this link heading on Foxsports - basically saying Manu admitted guilt. Which he hasn't, he simply admitted he was the person whose identity had been suppressed.
He may be able to sue fox and pay for his lawyers, lol

View attachment 17951
Self-moderating posters on Silvertails? A moderator's utopian dream.

Not sure that Lawton is going to be the next Cameron Smith. He hasn't exactly set the NRL world alight the last 4 or 5 years, so not sure what changes with that scenario just because he is wearing Maroon and White. Also coming off an achilles injury, which I believe are quite notorious to recover from in terms of explosiveness and acceleration.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6