Drugs, Sex, Domestic Violence: Football's dark cover up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If it gets to court ( and I expect it might ) he’ll be grilled unmercifully if he decided to side with the Burgi.
He'll stay out of it if he can. Jason comes from a hard working, salt of the earth family... his mother worked (don't know if she still does) in a high school which caters to some of the inner West's most troubled kids. It ain't up to Jason Clark to give up South's, Burgess or anybody else associated with this mess. He did the right thing at the time and should really be left to get on with his career... just my opinion of course.

It ain't up to Jason Clark to give up South's, Burgess or anybody else associated with this mess. He did the right thing at the time and should really be left to get on with his career.
So the code of silence, domestic violence is no-one else's business, protect your mate, I didn't see anything. I'm a little surprised if that's what you mean.

The Australian is the most respected and well-resourced newspaper in Australia. It is the one Australian newspaper that Rupert is proud of. It loses money but Rupert props it up because it gives him credibility.
(I worked for The Australian for 18 months in 1978-9) If you were to trust one media outlet to be as factual as possible it would be The Australian.
Well that’s an unbiased opinion.
Just sayin’

I don’t know if he is guilty or not
But the journalists aren’t ur typical z grade RL “journalist”
They r all 1st graders with good reputations unlike the subject of the story .
As for Jason Clarke he is not giving up anyone he is simply telling the truth if the questions in court go along the path of the story
I also find fascinating the point raised by a poster earlier on in this thread as to why hasn’t any of the ilk of Kent Rothtool that flogger Hooper or Read bought any of this up ? are there ears and eyes painted on or r they just as corrupt as the likes of the vermin and NRL management at the time and just turn a blind eye or deaf ear to the facts when it suits.
Interesting times ahead for the NRL and the shame of the league
Also where is Greenberg I hope he ,his rug and broom gets investigated .
Is it my Imagination or is pretty much every dirty bit of laundry that gets hung out to dry in the public sphere has that bald headed little ****s grubby paws all over it ?
As I said I don’t kNow if Burgess is guilty of being the absolute 24 carrot **** off the field as he was on it ,but history says if Greenburg is involved in a cover up there is plenty to discover .
But have u got the spine to do it NRL and PVL?
I will also add that if there is one bloke who is a master at sniffing the wind it is Richardson and he as we all know left very bloody quickly ,he wasn't going to be caught with the knife in his hand just as 3 inspector Clouseau's walked into the room with thier pens and notepads and txt messages now was he .Plausible deniability anyone ?

Last edited:
The screen shot of the text where Sam has already spoken to Greenberg is damning.

The game really needs to move on from the amateur, desperate ways of the past. It needs to impose rules and come down heavily on anyone who breaks them. Processes need to be put in place to uphold the integrity of the game and followed to a letter. No more of this consistency is overrated rubbish where some rules apply to some clubs and individuals and not others. The personal relationship of Todd Greenberg and Sam was at the very least unprofessional and at the worst a contributing factor to the actions outlined here through acceptance.

At all levels of our game both on and off the field the rules are being broken and bent by coaches, players, player managers and club management and it’s bloody embarrassing. Look at the Melbourne trainer incident on the weekend. There’s just a complete lack of authority or repercussions.

So the code of silence, domestic violence is no-one else's business, protect your mate, I didn't see anything. I'm a little surprised if that's what you mean.
No, I certainly would never condone violence against any person except in the instance of self defence, or the defence of someone else.

But from what I read in the article... the only real things that Jason can provide information on is the drug binging and the resulting psychotic episode. And if he offered info on either of those circumstances he would likely be friendless within the code.

I think the spotlight should be firmly on those who are alleged to have committed an offence. Not on a bloke who got roped into a very bad situation (allegedly) and did his best to help.

Last edited:
No, I certainly would never condone violence against any person except in the instance of self defence, or the defence of someone else.
But from what I read in the article... the only real things that Jason can provide information on is the drug binging and the resulting psychotic episode. And if he offered info on either of those circumstances he would likely be friendless within the code.
Read it again
According to the detailed information in the article, what you brush off as a psychotic episode included Burgess allegedly assaulting and terrifying his heavily pregnant wife.
And you suggest in all seriousness he should keep quiet about this because otherwise he will be friendless within the code!
Well maybe that just says it all about what is wrong with 'the code'.

I don’t know if he is guilty or not
But the journalists aren’t ur typical z grade RL “journalist”
They r all 1st graders with good reputations unlike the subject of the story .
As for Jason Clarke he is not giving up anyone he is simply telling the truth if the questions in court go along the path of the story
I also find fascinating the point raised by a poster earlier on in this thread as to why hasn’t any of the ilk of Kent Rothtool that flogger Hooper or Read bought any of this up ? are there ears and eyes painted on or r they just as corrupt as the likes of the vermin and NRL management at the time and just turn a blind eye or deaf ear to the facts when it suits.
Interesting times ahead for the NRL and the shame of the league
Also where is Greenberg I hope he ,his rug and broom gets investigated .
Is it my Imagination or is pretty much every dirty bit of laundry that gets hung out to dry in the public sphere has that bald headed little ****s grubby paws all over it ?
As I said I don’t kNow if Burgess is guilty of being the absolute 24 carrot **** off the field as he was on it ,but history says if Greenburg is involved in a cover up there is plenty to discover .
But have u got the spine to do it NRL and PVL?
I will also add that if there is one bloke who is a master at sniffing the wind it is Richardson and he as we all know left very bloody quickly ,he wasn't going to be caught with the knife in his hand just as 3 inspector Clouseau's walked into the room with thier pens and notepads and txt messages now was he .Plausible deniability anyone ?
Did you watch 360 last night? Pitiful showing by said Journos around the matter I thought. Buzz gave it a decent shake but that s$&@stain Hooper was clearly in good buddy SB corner. Buzz at least challenged him on it and the seriousness of the allegations. Kent seemed to just bumble and stumble over his words around the Doctor stuff. Ben tried to put in some structure to the discussion but those 3 clowns just go off on tangents. Makes you wonder what else will come out around this.

Read it again
According to the detailed information in the article, what you brush off as a psychotic episode included Burgess allegedly assaulting and terrifying his heavily pregnant wife.
And you suggest in all seriousness he should keep quiet about this because otherwise he will be friendless within the code!
Well maybe that just says it all about what is wrong with 'the code'.
Not brushing anything off at all. Keep your knickers on and take your finger off the outrage button. I read the article once and wasn't in the room when the incident occurred.

And yes... if Jason gave up a player for taking drugs, he would indeed be friendless amongst his peers.

Did you watch 360 last night? Pitiful showing by said Journos around the matter I thought. Buzz gave it a decent shake but that s$&@stain Hooper was clearly in good buddy SB corner. Buzz at least challenged him on it and the seriousness of the allegations. Kent seemed to just bumble and stumble over his words around the Doctor stuff. Ben tried to put in some structure to the discussion but those 3 clowns just go off on tangents. Makes you wonder what else will come out around this.

Interesting, "journo's" not believing what some other journo's wrote!
I'm sure they're all scrambling to find out the validity of the claims though, did they hear whispers and dismiss them?

Will watch it this arvo.

Here it comes: the first of many stories you'll see trying to elicit sympathy for 'Poor Sam'.....
Former England teammates of Sam Burgess have sought to provide emotional support for the embattled star, including Canberra's John Bateman.
1601950253483.png

According to The Sydney Morning Herald chief sports writer Andrew Webster the NRL will not rush their own investigation into the matter as to not interfere with NSW police, however, it has been revealed that the league's integrity unit met with Souths CEO Solly on Friday for a high-level meeting.

"I spoke to the NRL today, they're going to be taking a very, very slow approach to this," Webster told Nine's 100% Footy. "They're not going to get ahead of the police investigation that's going on.

"Because dragging the chain means everyone can get their ducks in a row so we (the nrl) can say 'nope- nothing to see here'..."

According to The Sydney Morning Herald chief sports writer Andrew Webster the NRL will not rush their own investigation into the matter as to not interfere with NSW police, however, it has been revealed that the league's integrity unit met with Souths CEO Solly on Friday for a high-level meeting.

"I spoke to the NRL today, they're going to be taking a very, very slow approach to this," Webster told Nine's 100% Footy. "They're not going to get ahead of the police investigation that's going on.

"Because dragging the chain means everyone can get their ducks in a row so we (the nrl) can say 'nope- nothing to see here'..."

What's ridiculous is that the Integrity unit already signed off on the sexting scandal, clearing Burgess of any wrongdoing.

Now they're going to reinvestigate it along with all the other allegations that have been made?

Zero confidence in them:

1. Finding themselves at fault for their handling of the sexting scandal;

2. Conducting a thorough investigation into the other allegations given their failure in properly investigating #1 above.

@Waz13 ... I actually thought that Kenty was trying to make a very good point in reply to someone saying the Dr. is employed by the club and should have to give up medical records ... Kenty was making the point that the DR's are smart enough to have 2 different arrangements with the players ... one in the dressing room as it were, where he is an NRL "employee" and one as a private Dr. out of it ... thereby invoking the Doctor patient privilege ... on the drug issue there is the likelihood the Dr will say he was attending BigSammy as a private patient ....

@Woodsie gives a thumbs up here but claimed people were overreacting when Dylan WALKER pulled his wifes hair. You never disappoint Woody.

dumbarse.jpg

And for the record ... you again started it by being a smartarse and bringing me into it ...

And whilst I have no doubt that you are incapable of discerning the difference ... what I said about Walker when if guilty what sentence would the court give ... I made the point that hair pulling would have to be at the lower end of the scale of DV .... as opposed to say ... kicking your pregnant partner in the stomach ....

If that in your mind is somehow dismissing or excusing DV .... you are even a greater fool than I thought ...

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8