Drugs, Sex, Domestic Violence: Football's dark cover up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surely you've got more than that ... both posts about dots ... you can't pigeon-hole yourself ..
Un-like yourself I have neither the want, nor time to argue desperately about some irrelevant, outdated issue in a feeble attempt to justify my existence.
But feel free to keep going and going and going AND GOING.

Un-like yourself I have neither the want, nor time to argue desperately about some irrelevant, outdated issue in a feeble attempt to justify my existence.
But feel free to keep going and going and going AND GOING.

and yet you continually like both sides of an argument ... I think you doth protest too much ... also .. which issue is this ? ... Old Kevvie tags me everytime he feels neglected, a daily occurrence it seems, and I don't pay a lot of attention to his dribblings ...

What was this thread about ? why don't you guys private message eachother

I agree.

This thread raised some serious dv issues and other alleged dodgy practices, I think it's time to keep the focus on this one as diluting it cheapens the issue and I feel many are actually interested in the information flow with this one.

So lets 'win one for the gipper' :)

Also, under the heading of great journalism -

Headline:
Russell Crowe faces Sam Burgess queries

Actual body of text wording:

South Sydney co-owner Russell Crowe may be asked to speak to the NRL’s integrity unit as part its investigation into Sam Burgess.

Crowe was key to convincing Burgess to join Souths and the pair formed a strong friendship in the years that followed.

He could be called on to help the NRL with its inquiries into the saga that has engulfed the club — which he co-owns with Crown Resorts billionaire James Packer — although a final decision has yet to be made, sources said.

(etc...fmd)

Jason Clark would seem to be in a tough spot. Having (allegedly) witnessed the whole psychotic drug bender in the basement episode (again alledged), he’ll be under immense pressure from the boys club to keep quiet. Then he’d have his own missus and friends coming at him from the other direction. When it gets to court it will be very interesting to see which side of the courtroom he is sitting on.
If he testifies against the Burgi then he'll get called a dog and threatened with a bashing.....allegedly.

Also, under the heading of great journalism -

Headline:
Russell Crowe faces Sam Burgess queries

Actual body of text wording:

South Sydney co-owner Russell Crowe may be asked to speak to the NRL’s integrity unit as part its investigation into Sam Burgess.

Crowe was key to convincing Burgess to join Souths and the pair formed a strong friendship in the years that followed.

He could be called on to help the NRL with its inquiries into the saga that has engulfed the club — which he co-owns with Crown Resorts billionaire James Packer — although a final decision has yet to be made, sources said.

(etc...fmd)
Meanwhile big James packer busy defending crown and their alleged poor gambling activities.

Propaganda, dissemination of information—facts, arguments, rumours, half-truths, or lies—to influence public opinion. . .
I had to chuckle when this word was used by lawyer-to-the-stars Bryan Wrench in defence of poor, misunderstood Sam. Wrench should know, his mentor is Chris Murphy.

1602117356929.png

Interesting piece this morning in the Tele by Paul Crawley
"Wayne Bennett's $20,000 Cody Walker "cover-up' punt pays off.

Sorry I can't post the link.

More or less lauding Bennett's cover-up of Walker's pre-season punch on.
Some snippets...
"Bennett told no one. Not even Souths chief executive Blake Solly or then head of football Shane Richardson"....
"Bennett maintained it was not a cover-up but a judgement call."
"And if Bennett had gone straight to the NRL about it, what sort of message would that have sent to his players?"

So, does Crawley think the same with the Sam Burgess allegations?
Judgement call by the powers that be at the time?
It shows how easy it is for the suits to say the don't know what's going on even if they do.

Interesting piece this morning in the Tele by Paul Crawley
"Wayne Bennett's $20,000 Cody Walker "cover-up' punt pays off.

Sorry I can't post the link.

More or less lauding Bennett's cover-up of Walker's pre-season punch on.
Some snippets...
"Bennett told no one. Not even Souths chief executive Blake Solly or then head of football Shane Richardson"....
"Bennett maintained it was not a cover-up but a judgement call."
"And if Bennett had gone straight to the NRL about it, what sort of message would that have sent to his players?"

So, does Crawley think the same with the Sam Burgess allegations?
Judgement call by the powers that be at the time?
It shows how easy it is for the suits to say the don't know what's going on even if they do.

Lemme have a go:

Wayne Bennettis not a betting man. But the $20,000 punt Bennett took on Cody Walker in January continues to pay massive dividends.

We look at the way Walker is playing right now and all seems to be forgotten about the drunken street-fight scandal that engulfed South Sydney midway through the year.

But I can’t help but wonder how much of Walker’s soaring confidence would go back to the fact that Bennett had his back when Walker came looking for help?

There is no disputing Bennett’s actions went against the politically correct code of conduct that is required from all NRL coaches and clubs.

Some at the time even suggested it was just another example of how Bennett had lost touch with the realities of the modern game.

etc etc "Boys will be boys" etc etc

doc without borders / nrl leaders without integrity / sports journos without brains...etc

I thought the no fault stand down thing was brought in to prevent damage to the image of the game. If that is the case then it should apply across all facets of the game. Otherwise it is another perceived ‘playing favourites’ agenda

I thought the no fault stand down thing was brought in to prevent damage to the image of the game. If that is the case then it should apply across all facets of the game. Otherwise it is another perceived ‘playing favourites’ agenda

Yes and no.
From my understanding the no fault stand down policy is for alleged offences that carry 10 years prison term. so DV, drugs, cover-ups etc don't quite fit that whereas DeBelin and Fainu's charges do.

Yes and no.
From my understanding the no fault stand down policy is for alleged offences that carry 10 years prison term. so DV, drugs, cover-ups etc don't quite fit that whereas DeBelin and Fainu's charges do.

it also for any offence against women at the discretion of the NRL ...

players charged with a criminal offence carrying a penalty of at least 11 years will be automatically stood down from playing in the NRL competition; ... the NRL's CEO can use his discretion to stand down players charged with less serious criminal offences, particularly where the offence involves women and children.Jun 4, 2019

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6