Drugs, Sex, Domestic Violence: Football's dark cover up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This will be a good test for the new management of the NRL. Will they let the matter result in a wrist-slap over the summer hiatus, when:
A couple of medical practitioners should be disbarred.
Souffs should lose $1m from their salary cap next season and for 2022 because the Burgess medical retirement has been shown up as a blatant con greenlighted by Greenturd.
Souffs should also start minus-12 points in 2021 for deliberately concealing many illegalities from the NRL Integrity Commission.
Several of Souffs' top brass should be banned from their posts for allowing the rorts etc. to occur unreported, and
All of those in authority should be laughed out of the sport for claiming: "I know nothing'.
Their denials are purile.

This will probably be an unpopular opinion and I can't stand Sam Burgess or Souths and would love to see them get hammered over it, I am also sure the cheating and going on benders stuff is true too, but to me it just looks like a typical crappy husband and marriage breakdown, divorce settlement and a bitter custody battle. It is basically statements from a jaded ex wife backed up by an equally jaded father in law who once they knew the marriage was over started cleverly compiling a list of things they were going to use against him in court later when she when she battles for custody and money. I am sure he was probably horrible to her and said nasty things as that usually happens in a marriage breakdown, I am not convinced he assaulted her in front of her father but I am sure he was a crap husband but just because she and her father make statements like this it doesn't mean it actually happened, I have seen plenty of people make up exaggerated stories when it comes to custody battles and settlements. Unfortunately now that she and her father have fed all this to the papers Sam will be crucified in the court of public opinion based on agenda driven statements from her and her father. Maybe its all true but I will reserve judgement until all this has been tested in court, because we have all seen in our own club what can happen when papers do a hatchet job without all the facts.

I thought ‘investigative journalism ‘ was extinct. In this era of clickbait hourly news cycles, one would have to think that a four month investigation would’ve had the management of The Australian make sure their journalists‘ jump through every legal, moral, and ethical hoop there is. They seem to (and better have) all their ducks in a row. Because if they can prove in a court of law this all went down the way it reads, then there are a lot of people in positions of power that need to be taken down....big time.
Looks like the father is behind the whole thing, the journalists are former work colleagues of Pheobe and it is all just witness statements from her and her father, which are totally biased toward their side. I am with V'Landys the allegations deserve to be scrutinised thoroughly before being taken for gospel. Our club had our fair share of so called investigative journalists making up rubbish about our club a few years ago, they should have been sued for defamation but it rarely happens as it is too costly. Her father would be aware of that he is no slouch.

This will probably be an unpopular opinion and I can't stand Sam Burgess or Souths and would love to see them get hammered over it, I am also sure the cheating and going on benders stuff is true too, but to me it just looks like a typical crappy husband and marriage breakdown, divorce settlement and a bitter custody battle. It is basically statements from a jaded ex wife backed up by an equally jaded father in law who once they knew the marriage was over started cleverly compiling a list of things they were going to use against him in court later when she when she battles for custody and money. I am sure he was probably horrible to her and said nasty things as that usually happens in a marriage breakdown, I am not convinced he assaulted her in front of her father but I am sure he was a crap husband but just because she and her father make statements like this it doesn't mean it actually happened, I have seen plenty of people make up exaggerated stories when it comes to custody battles and settlements. Unfortunately now that she and her father have fed all this to the papers Sam will be crucified in the court of public opinion based on agenda driven statements from her and her father. Maybe its all true but I will reserve judgement until all this has been tested in court, because we have all seen in our own club what can happen when papers do a hatchet job without all the facts.
You’re right. Your opinion is unpopular (imo). A major newspaper like The Australian doesn’t grant a four month investigation without doing their due diligence. If it was the DT, I would be sceptical at the very least. I believe these allegations have some very serious merit.

Id like to hear your opinion on the brothers involvement, calling her a C. Etc.
Do you choose to think they made that up also?

I understand your point, to a point, innocent until proven guilty. However if the journalists had not put this together SB, Souths, the good Doc and hopefully Turd Greenslime would have gotten away with some very dirty deeds.
It was published when SB accosted her father at his family home, I remember it well, I have been through a similar intimidation by a very dangerous, very strong, addict high on some nasty chemical ( he was later charged with attempted murder, pled guilty and was deported) ..... and I was scared for my life and my daughters. The fact that Phoebe has journalist friends who very thoroughly took it on is just plain KARMA for SB.
Now let the judicial system & NRL do the due diligence.
Just my view.

Last edited:
Meanwhile the head coach had no knowledge of any of this about his captain, star player and subsequent assistant coach. Oh yeah Wayne your history with accurate statements is gold. What a lieing prick.
Never wanted the knights to win more than today to show up this joke of a club that is south's.

Seriously if this is all true it becomes one of the biggest scandals to ever hit the NRL.

I get innocent until proven guilty and south's and Sam deserve this but if this is true wow.

Last edited:
Sam will have an entire PR company working for him and for Souffs to spin the facts. He is one person you shouldn't feel sorry for; he's had people covering his tracks ever since he became a good football player.
From now on every time you read a story about Sam protesting his innocence, or see a weepy Sam defending himself in an 'exclusive' TV interview on Channel Nein, take it with a grain of salt. It will have been concocted by PR and legal advisers and given to members of the media, most of whom idolise Sam.
I had my own PR company for 40 years; I been involved in more spin than a Shane Warne leg-break. If this guy had been just another average footballer his misdeeds would have been exposed during his playing days.

Never wanted the knights to win more than today to show up this joke of a club that is south's.

Seriously if this is all true it becomes one of the biggest scandals to ever hit the NRL.

I get innocent until proven guilty and south's and Sam deserve this but if this is true wow.
I'm torn.

Would love to see the knights win, however, I wouldn't want to dish up a possible free pass to the Eels in the SF. I think I would rather see a peed off Souths deal with the knights and then run right through the Eels.

How far the Rabbits go doesn't matter in a funny way. The damage is already done, and even if they were to go all the way, it would always have a big asterisk next to it and horribly tarnished.

It's pretty damning regarding sam 'cat' burgess.

But I'm assuming the nrl will simply go "Sam isn't here anymore - assistant coaches don't count" and souths will say "not true, just trying to de-rail our finals campaign" lawyer will claim defamation, etc.

v'landys will have another cocktail on some beach somewhere
Or the Storm line - “It isn’t his go...”

I'm torn.

Would love to see the knights win, however, I wouldn't want to dish up a possible free pass to the Eels in the SF. I think I would rather see a peed off Souths deal with the knights and then run right through the Eels.

How far the Rabbits go doesn't matter in a funny way. The damage is already done, and even if they were to go all the way, it would always have a big asterisk next to it and horribly tarnished.
The Knights barely deserve to be there, especially after those two dubious wins against Manly.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10