Does Fainu walk back in?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We are forgetting that Fainu is an amazing runner and his options make the defence even more confused. Think guys look Cook and even Cam Smith, their running and movement ability is why these two guys are looked on as the best hookers in the recent years. Smith would probably be the best ever hooker.
Croker has got better and better as the season has progressed. A fit Fainu would compliment him. Imagine bringing him on after 25 minutes, he would run riot. Here's something we seem to have forgotten of his talent and why we are keeping him on the payroll.
I would rather save the interchange for a back rower adding spark or can cover many positions.

Fainu has to harden up defensively to warrant a position in the 17 or starting hooker.(not fussed about the good parts of Fainu's attack.)

You have to think about the bigger picture and what offers a more balanced team makeup especially with big pay packets in the halves and fullback positions.

Many people here thought not having Fainu along with AFB would see Manly perform badly, i could only see positives if we had a steady "high work rate" hooker and a different type of forward like Aloiai along with retaining depth.

Yes sharpness around hooker is very much appreciated like Cook but for where Manly was at last year there were more pressing performance issues that needed to be addressed.

The ultimate hooker is one who has Ballin like defensive qualities and crisp varied depth to his passing,the speed of Cook and the all round intelligent game and leadership of Smith.(that wont be happening anytime soon lol)

Agree with you guys in terms of attack..but his Defence is clearly inferior to Api.
It is now - but as good as API same age - has years on him and I think will be a better player in every way in time...
This is my last Fainu input in 2021....it's time to give credit to the Croker turnaround....playing great footy and need to back this bloke right now who could play his way into a Gf tonight

Crocker's performance tonight shows why fainu comes straight back into the team

Crocker has no running metres tonight which kills our go forward and attack
I have been a big fan and supporter of fainu for a long time and would love for him to come back. Got to give croker credit for his season though. And in regards to tonight, with the platform he received no dummy half would have been able to make a big impact on this game.

He is the missing link

But at this stage he is ruled out for 70% of 2022 and possibly beyond that if found guilty. Might be the missing link but almost at the point that we need to move on from him, so much time out of the game and that shoulder surgery issue who knows what player he will be if he returns.

Huge amount of time, all self inflicted' realistically will be back in 2023 at the earliest if things go his way.

We need him back on his running game alone. What we have seen is the top 3 teams having superior line speed compared to us which is catching our forwards early. A running hooker is paramount to keep opposition teams honest while getting our forwards on the front foot for that hitup.

Very much a hypothetical question. It is not likely that Fainu will even get to trial till Mid next year and assuming he is exonerated it will be nearly 3 years out of the game by then.

I think Manly need to invest in a quality 9 as this is an area where we are well behind the top teams.

Very much a hypothetical question. It is not likely that Fainu will even get to trial till Mid next year and assuming he is exonerated it will be nearly 3 years out of the game by then.

I think Manly need to invest in a quality 9 as this is an area where we are well behind the top teams.
I don’t think we can wait until 2024 so I’d somewhat agree.

After seeing him off his face on instagram live shows how dumb he is

Will come back and then inevitably get in some other kind of ****
That's surprising if true. I'd have thought his bail conditions included a ban on alcohol and drugs.

Going into next year, don't discount the possibility of Croker continuing to improve. This was his first year as a full-time NRL hooker, so understandable to concentrate on the bare basics. Which he's done well.
He is a former half so I can see his game growing the longer he's in the role. If it does then we won't be sweating on Fainu quite so much.

That's surprising if true. I'd have thought his bail conditions included a ban on alcohol and drugs.

Going into next year, don't discount the possibility of Croker continuing to improve. This was his first year as a full-time NRL hooker, so understandable to concentrate on the bare basics. Which he's done well.
He is a former half so I can see his game growing the longer he's in the role. If it does then we won't be sweating on Fainu quite so much.
If it’s possible that we won’t see Manase until 2024 it sure is a fair investment out of their back pockets to wait for 3 years to see if he gets to play ( or not ).

I agree that Croker is a high chance of improving. What we need is a running 9 to compliment what he does. Croker does well in defense and distribution. Having a 9 to run from dummy half and potentially tactically kick will compliment what Croker does. It was clear towards the backend of the season that Croker looked a bit spent considering the minutes he played over the season. I think it would help the teams balance.

If it’s possible that we won’t see Manase until 2024 it sure is a fair investment out of their back pockets to wait for 3 years to see if he gets to play ( or not ).
The investment isnt just in Manase

It’s in his Brothers too - one of which has been back-to-back (I think) player of the year in juniors and tipped to be one of the hottest prospects coming through as an all-round footballer

Brent Read was saying on Triple M we may not even need Schuster to move from backrow in 2023, it could be Latu who I think is 18-19 by then.

I agree that Croker is a high chance of improving. What we need is a running 9 to compliment what he does. Croker does well in defense and distribution. Having a 9 to run from dummy half and potentially tactically kick will compliment what Croker does. It was clear towards the backend of the season that Croker looked a bit spent considering the minutes he played over the season. I think it would help the teams balance.
Walker’s bench spot is cemented so I would just teach him how to be a 9 for 20 mins a game if possible for now

He’s shown he can adapt to basically Prop, from Centre, so I back him

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4