Do you support Trent Barrett?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Do you support Trent Barrett?

• Total voters
Just try and think of Trent as a 21st Century Graham Lowe. He came in after another Manly great was shafted and went ok. I supported him, despite a sense that Thompson had great potential, which he was never given the opportunity to fulfil.

When does our next premiership come?
I predict and expect atleast one Manly premiership in the next 5-10 years my friend. Hopefully Trent can slowly build us back up to the top.

I say this all the time, and I never get sick of it:

The Hard Slog Will Continue Until The Premiership Is Ours!
art-353-jamie-20lyon-300x0.jpg

TB might not be everyone's choice to coach Manly. No one was going to be other than Tooves. I for one felt we needed a change as we looked stuffed this year void of an exciting attacking style and the defense wasn't any better for most of the season. I support TB as coach as he is coaching my beloved Sea Eagles. TB hasn't done anything wrong as yet, the first right thing he did was sign to be with the mighty Sea Eagles. Now that's a start

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
I support him but anything less than top 8 next year is proven grounds for sacking and getting a Manly player back as coach the way it should be.

rules are there to be broken so hopefully TB is the first to win as a non manly boy

Life under the Penns...
Three scenarios come to mind:
1. The team does better due to Barrett's coaching and makes the 8. The team wins the GF. Well done Scotty You are a hero!. Take a bow!
2. Nothing changes. maybe we make the 8. Maybe we just miss out. Hmmm, Scotty says, I spent all of this money, alienated the fan base, and, we haven't progressed. Someone will carry the can for this!
3. It gets worse. Scenario 2 applies.

100% support any coach or player putting on the maroon and white, i have heard he is very professional and has done alot of prep for his new role. he got the job, seems he is committed, what more do you people want at this point??

Seems pretty simple to me. Forget the motherhood statements ad nauseum. Barrett has been given an opportunity as a first grade coach, our first grade coach.
Now off you go matey and get the job done. Go on! Time's ticking!!!

Does a bear **** in the woods? Of course I support him. I feel a bit sorry for him (just a bit) as he is taking on a massive job and the pressure will be huge. After a less than stellar season this year there is no hiding from that and despite calls from some on this forum I doubt he will get any honeymoon period to "rebuild" and "settle in" (not saying he shouldn't). However, I am sure he knows what he is getting into and must be confident he can measure up. Good luck to the lad, it's a great opportunity for him and I hope he does a great job. I was disappointed with how the **** with Tooves went down but it wasn't TB's fault. Now, Mr Fluffy and Zorba the C*nt well that's a whole different story.......

We didn't see the full potential for Tooves as a coach. Just like how Jason Taylor is going to look like a terrible coach by inheriting massive salary cap issues and can't make a move to build a decent roster.
Tooves had to deal with a similar issue with back ended Des contracts and was unable to make any decent signings. This lead to the departures of gift and choc and the club is still feeling the waves from those bombs.

Tooves has really taken a massive hit for the club to balance it back out and will enhance the performance and the ability of Barrett to move and coach with freedom.

I'm in support of Barrett as I think he will be great at people management and getting the most out of his players.

But these foundations where put in place by Tooves to pave the way for Barrett to rip in with a fresh start.

Bring on 2016

Absolutely. Hope he kills it. He's done nothing wrong. Will never support Penn though after the way Tooves was shafted.
Penn family is corrupt and injust. For Toovey's sake, I hope he gets the job as the International Australian Kangaroos coach. He will win the next World Cup and make a fool out of Penn! I really hope this happens.

Here are the facts.

Tooves got shafted, we all know that. It had nothing to do with results, but had everything to do with him being on the Quantum side of the ownership fence. Gifty not being offered a contract last year was just one excuse given by the Penn's (though note that now Gifty is no longer at Souffs, after only one season, the Penn's haven't offered him the chance to come home).

I think Arko calling for Tooves to not be our coach had more to do with Arko's loyalty to the club than anything else. Even he knew that Tooves didn't have the support he needed from the board and also knew that he wasn't the flavour of the month with some of the players. I think Arko's words were more about trying to get some harmony in the club and maybe he thought that Tooves not being coach might go a long way to achieving that.

Trent Barrett is a fresh start. Lets give him time to see how things go and besides, every coach had to start somewhere.

Trent Barrett will be successful. Phil Gould wouldn't sack a bloke mid season if he thought he was a second rater for signing with a new club. Like bennet dropping hodges to reserves. Bozo wouldn't put Tooves in the **** if barret wasn't the goods. That's a massive move.

FFS if the cricket wasn't so **** I'd tell you to watch that and wait for next year. Instead watch what happens when Robbie signs with Souths and is then shown the door when decent burgess wants to come back. That'll be good. Plus fishing. Tuna off the beach. Not many places that happens. Move to the territory!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    728.4 KB · Views: 4
I think cricket is the go Top End for the remainder of the year after we see U20s win their comp.

Well as long as Manly-Warringah remains a RL equivalent of South Korea, we should be OK. That is the Korea that everyone would prefer to be in. Rather than North Korea, which as Andrew Webster explains in today's SMH, is now a nickname for South Sydney - under Madge's dictatorial reign.

Andrew reckons it's a key reason behind Stewart's departure. He was no longer part of the ruling bloc, and he didn't like it!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6