Do you smell another Manly Dynasty coming ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wow. Things are looking pretty positive right now, but I believe it's highly premature to start thinking about an MWSE dynasty. Winning more than fifty per cent of our first eight games in 2023 is also optimistic but definitely more realistic than raising the prospect of a dynasty just yet. Having said that, I love the optimism @maxta

Dynasty? We won a hundred grand, but dynasty talk is over the top!
Bellamy had a dynasty at Storm, lasting years, and with many team changes over that time. Chooks under Robbo.
Even Penrith haven't qualified as 'a dynasty' really, it is just the same team that has made 3 straight grand finals. Could well become a dynasty of course.
Bunnies and Eels have made multiple finals but won bugger all (well one Souths win back in 2014).
We have fantastic potential for a champion team but need to see a lot more out of the 'club' - in particular the owners - before talk of a dynasty can ever be more than idle fantasy!

Dynasty? We won a hundred grand, but dynasty talk is over the top!
Bellamy had a dynasty at Storm, lasting years, and with many team changes over that time. Chooks under Robbo.
Even Penrith haven't qualified as 'a dynasty' really, it is just the same team that has made 3 straight grand finals. Could well become a dynasty of course.
Bunnies and Eels have made multiple finals but won bugger all (well one Souths win back in 2014).
We have fantastic potential for a champion team but need to see a lot more out of the 'club' - in particular the owners - before talk of a dynasty can ever be more than idle fantasy!
Let me dream a little Ser8 - what a "wakeup sandwich" you served me with extra sauce :whew:

Like 2021 we have a team that could jag one, but there is scant evidence to suggest that we are methodical enough to be consistent top 4 or even top 8 team

On ST , we are living the hope that seibs and flanno will instill that. While winning the trials was great and plenty of young players with promise, we didnt look overly drilled outside of the defence structures IMO.

sure it was a reflection of the spine players on show,

time will tell if that difference was the cattle on show or a change in tactics and attitude

long seasons take its toll with injuries, suspensions, the refs. You need to have a game that keeps you competitive every week despite the inevitable setbacks , i dont think we do

unless tom goes depol and changes his surname to dynasty we are not even close IMO , but could still jag something if mr dynasty plays 20 plus games and isnt injured in finals

tom aside, our spine needs to be very different by seasons end to have us as a top team, and a couple of the forwards need to have purple patches rarely seen

Like 2021 we have a team that could jag one, but there is scant evidence to suggest that we are methodical enough to be consistent top 4 or even top 8 team

On ST , we are living the hope that seibs and flanno will instill that. While winning the trials was great and plenty of young players with promise, we didnt look overly drilled outside of the defence structures IMO.

sure it was a reflection of the spine players on show,

time will tell if that difference was the cattle on show or a change in tactics and attitude

long seasons take its toll with injuries, suspensions, the refs. You need to have a game that keeps you competitive every week despite the inevitable setbacks , i dont think we do

unless tom goes depol and changes his surname to dynasty we are not even close IMO , but could still jag something if mr dynasty plays 20 plus games and isnt injured in finals

tom aside, our spine needs to be very different by seasons end to have us as a top team, and a couple of the forwards need to have purple patches rarely seen
I think you’ve nailed it there James.

Depth is a huge issue for Manly, as it’s rare for us to keep our best 17 on the field for more than about 1-2 games a year.

I think you’ve nailed it there James.

Depth is a huge issue for Manly, as it’s rare for us to keep our best 17 on the field for more than about 1-2 games a year.
Squad depth is indeed an issue, and that's also a reflection of the Sea Eagles organisation, top to bottom, to make the club consistenty successful and an attractive option for talent.
Let's hope the days of cut-price CEOs or temporary, acting CEOs and no garden furniture are being turned around finally.
It will require a massive commitment from Penn though, if we are to challenge the professionalism of the Chooks, storm, Bunnies etc.

I'm not convinced of a dynasty by any means but am hopeful of jagging 1 premiership with this group of emerging players so long as you know who stays fit. That's the hope anyway. I think this year will tell us if we are on the right track or not. Think it's all still up in the air.

Could be ..... Weekes reminds me of B Stewart when he was starting out and young Kouhla looks like a champion centre in the making . Throw in some of the other young guns Gordy , Fifita , Humphries etc along with a lethal backrow anything is possible. Just need a hard arse bastard in the frontrow 👍

Squad depth is indeed an issue, and that's also a reflection of the Sea Eagles organisation, top to bottom, to make the club consistenty successful and an attractive option for talent.
Let's hope the days of cut-price CEOs or temporary, acting CEOs and no garden furniture are being turned around finally.
It will require a massive commitment from Penn though, if we are to challenge the professionalism of the Chooks, storm, Bunnies etc.
Yep , and not sure he’s got it as I think the Sea Eagles may just be a play thing for him so as long as it doesn’t lose money that’ll do !!

Could be ..... Weekes reminds me of B Stewart when he was starting out and young Kouhla looks like a champion centre in the making . Throw in some of the other young guns Gordy , Fifita , Humphries etc along with a lethal backrow anything is possible. Just need a hard arse bastard in the frontrow 👍
Yeah but who , any good ones get stolen by the Rorters or one of the chosen few.

I think we have the potential to nab one or two in the next five years. Although for as long as the chooks and other big money clubs are around it’s gonna be very hard to have a dynasty.

I smell Febreze and facial cream.

The wife handles all the smells around me. I’ll need to make an application to allow the smell of Manly dynasty to move in.

I’ll let you know how I go. She will be watching performances on the field, starting with in-person on Saturday!.

NYEagle

Dynasty? Not yet in my opinion. Our failure to land a big target means our reliance on our junior depth to unearth a steady stream of first graders is critical. Another centre (Myers); a 5/8 (Fainu); a 1/2 (??); a hooker (GCKT ?); and a Prop (Fifita/Tuitavake). IF these players become very good FG's plus Turbo remains healthy then maybe.

Dynasty implies multigenerational success. I'm getting a whiff of a premiership threat but even that is probably optimistic and a long way from a dynasty. Never say never but it's not ripe enough to smell... yet.

Dynasty? Not yet in my opinion. Our failure to land a big target means our reliance on our junior depth to unearth a steady stream of first graders is critical. Another centre (Myers); a 5/8 (Fainu); a 1/2 (??); a hooker (GCKT ?); and a Prop (Fifita/Tuitavake). IF these players become very good FG's plus Turbo remains healthy then maybe.
And we will continue to fail to land those big targets if it’s purely based on $$$$

If we get some success, that could help , but most big names are just mercenaries now , all this crap about “ signing for unders” is just bull****.

And we will continue to fail to land those big targets if it’s purely based on $$$$

If we get some success, that could help , but most big names are just mercenaries now , all this crap about “ signing for unders” is just bull****.
All is not lost, Sharks and Cowboys showed how you can break into the big time through the right coaching, development and recruitment. It takes patience but we definitely aren't in a 2/3 team league.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4