Do you smell another Manly Dynasty coming ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’ve been following manly since 1980 and I can also never remember us booting a local junior like gutho out and then watching him become the captain of a rival club and such a dominant player. He still lives on the northern beaches. I just can’t recall an era like this. I really can’t.

I’ve been following manly since 1980 and I can also never remember us booting a local junior like gutho out and then watching him become the captain of a rival club and such a dominant player. He still lives on the northern beaches. I just can’t recall an era like this. I really can’t.
Parra did the Silvertail thing to Manly. He's Parra's Les Boyd.

Getting rid of Gutho is the 2nd worst thing we've ever done. Signing DCE on a stupid 10 year deal and beyond and filling up our salary cap is number one.

Getting rid of Gutho is the 2nd worst thing we've ever done. Signing DCE on a stupid 10 year deal and beyond and filling up our salary cap is number one.
As much as DCE has been as good as he's been, it would have been interesting to have seen how the team would have went if we had let him go to the Titans. We could have resigned Gutho and had room to sign another 2 top notch players to complement Turbo and Jake. But we overinvested into DCE and got ourselves in the situation where we have massive holes in certain positions of the park.
Had we let DCE go, the team could have been stacked in much the same way we had Lyon, Matai, Choc, Orford, Stewart brothers,..

As much as DCE has been as good as he's been, it would have been interesting to have seen how the team would have went if we had let him go to the Titans. We could have resigned Gutho and had room to sign another 2 top notch players to complement Turbo and Jake. But we overinvested into DCE and got ourselves in the situation where we have massive holes in certain positions of the park.
Had we let DCE go, the team could have been stacked in much the same way we had Lyon, Matai, Choc, Orford, Stewart brothers,..

How about we deal in facts, rather than fairy tales.
DCE had nothing to do with Manly getting rid of Gutho. Gutho was signed on a two year contract.
Twent and Bozo thought that buying Walker and Tapau was what we needed and Gutho was collateral damage.

We offered very similar $$ to Foran, so this myth that DCE has been a weight around our neck is a myth.

Sad times ahead for this club unfortunately, we have an idiot as an owner and a coach that has no idea to coach.
Im not sold on the coaches ability either way yet.

he is probably better than the return currently. We always play teams into form, and are coach killers, although des dug his own grave , i bet flanno is relieved he got a gig early

the owner is tough. He was there when no one else was, but has overstayed his welcome. Not rich enough or compassionate enough to understand the community attachment to the brand. Probably a real decent human but a footy club owner he is not.

He is clearly a fan and not a footy head.

In a recent alternate universe the hard as nails Shane Flanagan could have been the head coach with the soft and cuddly Tubby the Tuba (with an added dose of Marvin the Martian thrown in on the vocal front) as his assistant.

Then Tubby leaves to take over the Illawarra Credit Union where Hook left off.

But Scott Penn and Tony Mestrov knew better.

Dynasty not possible with current roster. Even an overhaul will take between 3-5 years and with players on big bucks makes it hard to regenerate a flagging roster. Added to this we have signed Arthur and Talou (rumoured) and are chasing Whyte from the Goosters. We desperately need Turbo back to 100% and ideally need another winger, hooker, prop. Also I dont believe Shu is the answer at 5/8 and we must keep Latu Fainu. More problems than solutions at the moment.

20230619_164230.jpg

I sit outside here enjoying the last few rays of sunlight on my birthday. Not as a parking inspector as some may say

I don't know where to post this so I post it in this thread.

This ground the sfs use to mean something to us that is finals footy and we use to actually have the culture of makings finals is only a pass for a season.

We use to have a winners mentality and we were a power club.

Right now we are so far off that it hurts so bad that we are years away from even being close to this , could take 10 years plus to fix this mess.

Apart from northern eagles days this is the lowest the club has been.

We are the new tigers sadly and until our club changes its culture from the top down we are not playing finals footy.

Last edited:
20230619_164230.jpg

I sit outside here enjoying the last few rays of sunlight on my birthday.

I don't know where to post this so I post it in this thread.

This ground the sfs use to mean something to us that is finals footy and we use to actually have the culture of makings finals is only a pass for a season.

We use to have a winners mentality and we were a power club.

Right now we are so far off that it hurts so bad that we are years away from even being close to this , could take 10 years plus to fix this mess.

Apart from northern eagles days this is the lowest the club has been.

We are the new tigers sadly and until our club changes its culture from the top down we are not playing finals footy.
Are you a parking inspector by any chance ? lol

Certainly did look promising at the end of 2021 , not that far off the main contender level , Turbo in sensational form , D C E and especially Foz directing the side very effectively . Jake leading a fairly competitive pack . Since then, fair to say that the Panthers have come back to the field a bit , other well ranked sides at the time and still quite competitive now , Manly has managed to be on at least equal terms or better when there is a largely full strength side and competing properly . injures a key factor last season to a large extent but this season the difference between Manly's best and worst form probably the biggest handicap . Differences from season 21 to now , missing Foz guidance and direction big time , defence and durability largely gone backwards , guys like Shu, Alioia generally underperforming , maybe missing the spark and variation that Dylan Walker could usually inject . Plenty of other sides have had to come to terms with adversity and setbacks with key players unavailable for one reason or another and still got on with it and some reasonable consistency . Whether it is a mindset or coaching factor , just based on the personal still available for Manly, really should be doing so much better . Weren 't too far off the pace in 19 either and minus Turbo for a good part of the season . Maybe not so much a dynasty emerging but still a reasonable chance of getting close to top billing if the team as a whole and coaching staff can get their act together and try to produce just some basic , competitive and consistent footy on a more regular basis .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8