Des' selection stubbornness is bordering infuriating

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
May have been a case for giving young Fulton a go at 13 but then Walker to the bench and either Burbo , Schuster , Bullemor or Sipley omitted . Maybe a case to be placed ahead of Burbo or Bullemor but Des "s first consideration is to still get a win or maximum competitiveness so understandable from a general point of view . Same with Vaega and Smallley , never were going to be put ahead of the selected 3 / 4 line . Davey and Marty are still going O K or for enough time , Des again still understandably wants to try and get a win

May have been a case for giving young Fulton a go at 13 but then Walker to the bench and either Burbo , Schuster , Bullemor or Sipley omitted . Maybe a case to be placed ahead of Burbo or Bullemor but Des "s first consideration is to still get a win or maximum competitiveness so understandable from a general point of view . Same with Vaega and Smallley , never were going to be put ahead of the selected 3 / 4 line . Davey and Marty are still going O K or for enough time , Des again still understandably wants to try and get a win
Cause his only worried about now and not the future..if we still had a chance then fair enough but we are gone and need to start blooding a few for depth next year

The Heart to Heart of the matter with Des Haslers 30 NRL squad is

Some players play with heart but do not have the desired talent

And some players have the talent but do not have the desired Heart

A coach lives and dies with the players he takes with him in the trenches

Cause his only worried about now and not the future..if we still had a chance then fair enough but we are gone and need to start blooding a few for depth next year
Fair enough and maybe some level of indifference with Manly not in final "s contention but i will still be watching the Shark "s game with the expectation that Manly will compete and going for a win . Again , only would see Fulton as a possible inclusion and to still have the best available 17 on the park

The whole club is behind the times, our medical reports suck, our videos to celebrate club debuts or milestones suck, our reserves team is bad, our Flegg side is bad, our board and owners suck, at the moment it doesn't sound like the club has a very good atmosphere to be around from our support staff and backroom staff to the playing group

The whole club is behind the times, our medical reports suck, our videos to celebrate club debuts or milestones suck, our reserves team is bad, our Flegg side is bad, our board and owners suck, at the moment it doesn't sound like the club has a very good atmosphere to be around from our support staff and backroom staff to the playing group
I suggest you attend our next Golden Eagles function and see what great Manly people are behind our club

The disappointment of our grossly underachieving NRL team does not do our club justice

Case in point. Garrick is so busted he can hardly run, change direction etc. Koula is not the prototype winger (tall, big body = metres). Koula also played FB for Tonga and did a decent job. Yet Garrick is named at FB and Koula at wing. Part of me hopes they switch come game time. We cant make the 8 so time to see what our options are. I would be equally happy with Weekes at FB. to see what he can do. Some one posted Mapapalangi was debuting for the Knights this week. Was in our Flegg team last year from memory with big raps.

At the end of the day we have some good players and with a few decent signings to fill some gaps we would be better off but unfortunately des doesn’t seem to attract big name signings..that combined with dce turbo and jurbo taking a huge chunk of our salary cap I don’t see things changing to soon..atm we have to rely on who we have in the the main squad a few youngsters coming through and other teams garbage..sounds harsh but that seems to be the way we roll

and there was strong talk that dce wasn’t liked in the qld camp years back and he also had issues with certain players from the 2012 manly squad..I wonder if dce and des are reasons decent players say thanks but no thanks to us

Stress Wtf GIF

Des his selections are insane

He has lost the plot and is screwing the club over again

Exciting team list to come today!

Koula
Smalley
Parker
Harper
Tuipulotu
Foran
DCE
Aloiai
Croker
Taupau
Olakau'atu
Davey
Walker

Burbo
Bullemor
De Luis
Sipley

Out for season: Turbo, Jurbo, Garrick, Lawton, Saab
Out injured with zero update from the club: Paseka, Keppie, Tuitavake
Playing under 21s instead of first grade: Weekes, Fulton
Wasted spots in top 30: Boyle, Fainu x2

Exciting team list to come today!

Koula
Smalley
Parker
Harper
Tuipulotu
Foran
DCE
Aloiai
Croker
Taupau
Olakau'atu
Davey
Walker

Burbo
Bullemor
De Luis
Sipley

Out for season: Turbo, Jurbo, Garrick, Lawton, Saab
Out injured with zero update from the club: Paseka, Keppie, Tuitavake
Playing under 21s instead of first grade: Weekes, Fulton
Wasted spots in top 30: Boyle, Fainu x2

Could see 50 put on that rabble tbh.

Haha fiesty boy aren’t we. Just because we haven’t had success with non manly coaches does not mean you just give up with it and severely narrow our pool of candidates.
In fact Lowe had the exact same win % as Hasler at manly .. I now think he is ahead of him .

In fact Lowe had the exact same win % as Hasler at manly .. I now think he is ahead of him .

Mate, Trent Barrett won 39.7% of his games with Manly from 2016-2018 (or 29 of 73)
Dessie from 2017 to present won 48.7% of his games (or 58 of 119)

and people are claiming Trent Barrett as the worst coach in history, yet can still defend Des Hasler with a straight face (forget all the losing streaks and negative records he's setting) !

Mate, Trent Barrett won 39.7% of his games with Manly from 2016-2018 (or 29 of 73)
Dessie from 2017 to present won 48.7% of his games (or 58 of 119)

and people are claiming Trent Barrett as the worst coach in history, yet can still defend Des Hasler with a straight face (forget all the losing streaks and negative records he's setting) !
How many of those games did Trent have Tom Turbo available for and how many has des had with Tom. Genuine question

How many of those games did Trent have Tom Turbo available for and how many has des had with Tom. Genuine question
68 of 72 games he played under Trent (only missing 4 games in 3 years) based on 24 round seasons.

That being said , tbh, those three years accounted for his biggest losing percentages in 3 out of 4 of his worst seasons.

In the following 4 years, he's played in 43 games for Des (not including finals).

68 of 72 games he played under Trent (only missing 4 games in 3 years) based on 24 round seasons.

That being said , tbh, those three years accounted for his biggest losing percentages in 3 out of 4 of his worst seasons.

In the following 4 years, he's played in 43 games for Des (not including finals).
Wow so for Des he has only played 43 from 119.

We need new blood with resilient DNA cells
Are you suggesting we only recruit players who have shown they are not going to go down with COVID?

and there was strong talk that dce wasn’t liked in the qld camp years back and he also had issues with certain players from the 2012 manly squad..I wonder if dce and des are reasons decent players say thanks but no thanks to us
I dare say the reason 'decent' players say no thanks is because we don't have enough zeros on the cheques they are offering.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6