Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Des to sign new contract next week???

Masked Eagle said:
DSM5 said:
Let's not run away with ourselves quite yet. If he stays good, if he goes, it's not the end of the world. Coaches, like players come and go. Toovs will step up or maybe another 'former Manly great' will fill his big shoes. I well remember our excellent coach of the 70s, Ron Wiley, getting the shove after winning us back to back GFs, 72/73. We continued on our winning ways even then. The only thing that's not replaceable is the club.

I agree. If Des goes I have more than enough faith in Toovs to do the job. When Des took the job he said himself he wasn't going to be a career coach, and the way the deckchairs were being shuffled the powerbrokers at the time (I'm talking about Bozo) they had identified Toovs as a future coach. I'm fairly certain thats why he has continued in a coaching role with the club instead of heading into administration a job he would also be qualified for.

If Des does sign for 2013, do people think he should stand down immediately?

Yep I reckon if he signs elsewhere for 2013 and announces it he will not be coaching us next season.

DSM5 said:
Let's not run away with ourselves quite yet. If he stays good, if he goes, it's not the end of the world. Coaches, like players come and go. Toovs will step up or maybe another 'former Manly great' will fill his big shoes. I well remember our excellent coach of the 70s, Ron Wiley, getting the shove after winning us back to back GFs, 72/73. We continued on our winning ways even then. The only thing that's not replaceable is the club.

I not worried if it's only Des that goes, but if Crusher and up to 5 players go then we're in trouble. The 4 or 5 players I'm talking about apparently have a get out clause if Des goes.

Masked Eagle said:
DSM5 said:

I agree. If Des goes I have more than enough faith in Toovs to do the job. When Des took the job he said himself he wasn't going to be a career coach, and the way the deckchairs were being shuffled the powerbrokers at the time (I'm talking about Bozo) they had identified Toovs as a future coach. I'm fairly certain thats why he has continued in a coaching role with the club instead of heading into administration a job he would also be qualified for.

If Des does sign for 2013, do people think he should stand down immediately?

I don't think we should assume Tooves wants to be head coach. Has he expressed an interest in the job?

Geez guys and gals, let's just relax, we won a GF. Very hard to do. Enjoy the feeling of supporting a fabulous club. I'm not assuming anything re the coach. I'm not wringing my hands either. If Toovs doesn't want the job, Young Cliffy has indicated a desire to coach at a higher level. Just lie back and savor the victory and contemplate the more to come. Des or no Des, players come and go as well. The Mighty Sea Eagles will survive and prosper, and march onto further glory.

Have to agree with DSM5, we are the 2011 Premiers and I am continually reminding everyone this week............great feeling that is too!!!

I do admit though, if Des didn't coach us until 2015 or thereabouts, it would take some adjusting to!

I disagree about another coach filling Dessies shoes, I don't want another Peter Sharp era.

Plus if he went to the scum dogs he would have to drive around in something like this.

bestgeminisofar.jpg

swoop said:
I not worried if it's only Des that goes, but if Crusher and up to 5 players go then we're in trouble. The 4 or 5 players I'm talking about apparently have a get out clause if Des goes.

I'll worry if Penn goes.

I think everyone is missing one vital piece of the puzzle in all this. The Independant Commission isn't that far away which means neither is the new pay TV deal. If I were a coach (or player for that matter) I wouldn't be jumping into a new long term contract when clubs may end up receiving a substantial increase in the grants distributed to each club. It's quite feasible that this increase could be in excess of a million dollars a season. If I were a coach in demand like Des is I would want a piece of that.

I don't see Des leaving. I would be devastated if he did.

What made me really sick reading that article was the following comment attributed to Hopoate;

"He'd be a big factor," Hopoate said, when asked if Hasler remaining would sway him to re-sign with Manly.

I wonder if the God he worships appreciates the bullsh!t he sprouts. What a two faced hypocrite.

Gorgeous George said:
I think everyone is missing one vital piece of the puzzle in all this. The Independant Commission isn't that far away which means neither is the new pay TV deal. If I were a coach (or player for that matter) I wouldn't be jumping into a new long term contract when clubs may end up receiving a substantial increase in the grants distributed to each club. It's quite feasible that this increase could be in excess of a million dollars a season. If I were a coach in demand like Des is I would want a piece of that.

What made me really sick reading that article was the following comment attributed to Hopoate;

"He'd be a big factor," Hopoate said, when asked if Hasler remaining would sway him to re-sign with Manly.

I wonder if the God he worships appreciates the bullsh!t he sprouts. What a two faced hypocrite.
This, I hope they drill this into Des, he earn alot more if he doesn't jump the gun

I was just thinking that the club hasnt told us about contract renewals for heaps of important people like Foran etc so i wont be holding my breath waiting for them to tell us Des has re-signed after 2012. I think he doesnt like releasing this info for some reason.

conanu said:
I was just thinking that the club hasnt told us about contract renewals for heaps of important people like Foran etc so i wont be holding my breath waiting for them to tell us Des has re-signed after 2012. I think he doesnt like releasing this info for some reason.

Yep, the only way we found out that Foran had signed until 2014 was through and interview he did on Foxsports.

Ceagle said:
Gorgeous George said:

This, I hope they drill this into Des, he earn alot more if he doesn't jump the gun

I think you're missing my point. I'm sure Des is fully aware of it. Hence the reluctance (if there is any) to commit.

Apparently the Bulldogs gave Hasler until yesterday to give them an answer if he would go there in 2013. The fact the Dogs are only signing Dymock for 1 year scares me a little.

Bulldogs media conference due towards end of week should clear up some things.

Anyone but the dogs

I wonder if Des realises how much he is ruining the fans moment by not coming out and saying hes not going to the dogs, cause its really starting to piss me off with all this talk of going to the dogs. F"@& i hate them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6