Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Christol74 said:
Well if its true that Dessie is leaving, and it is appearing more and more likely that it is true, then the Manly Board should be hung from the Spit Bridge for treason. As for Des, he has earnt the right to a trial by judge and jury of Manly faithful before a decision is made on whether he should join the board at the Spit.

Yesterday, we were the number one propect in the NRL for any major corporate sponsor. We won the grand final which will translate to more prime time television exposure next season, we have such depth in our young playing roster that continued success was probable, we have the best young half back to play the game for a long time who will not only draw in a whole new generation of young Manly fans but is also media friendly and a marketing dream, ditto our 5/8.

It has taken a long time to get to this point where we can finally generate some significant revenue. We have just managed to destroy that opportunity overnight because we are now a very risky, unstable option. The board should not have allowed this to play out like it is and at the very least should now be acting swiftly to deal with it.

A proffesional board would not be sitting silently allowing a media and fan frenzy to tear their company apart. Delay means disaster and they should have been on the front foot to show they are in control of the situation, they are have a plan, and its business as usual. Nobody is indespensible and just as it was when Des went from half to hooker to leaving Manly as a player, there was another Manly legend or two waiting in the wings to take it to the next level.

By the way, I have always thought that one day Tooves would be regarded as Manly's greatest and most succesful coach of all time. As captain, I rate him as our greatest leader on the field, as coach he will undoubtadly be the same. If for whatever reason he choses not to take the reigns, then enter the greatest number 6 to ever play the game who according to Jason Ferris recently, is the greatest coach he has ever played under.

So where is the leadership team at Manly? The silence is deafening.
Great post well said

Well said. We are the manly sea eagles. We lost our money during the super league war, we lost our team when the northern eagles took over- we thrive on adversity. People will come and go in this club but we all bleed maroon and white. Whatever happens, we will get through it. We always have. And we always will.

The blame for this is squarely on the board. They've had since June / July (or even earlier) to secure money/sponsorship deals for Hasler to remain at Manly.

[/quote]

MrInvisible said:
The blame for this is squarely on the board. They've had since June / July (or even earlier) to secure money/sponsorship deals for Hasler to remain at Manly.

It has little to do with money and all to do with the disgraceful way the board have behaved

MrInvisible said:

It has little to do with money and all to do with the disgraceful way the board have behaved
[/quote]

So if as mentioned in another post, if the club was to call an extraordinary meeting and the board was outed, would Des then stay?

[/quote]

So if as mentioned in another post, if the club was to call an extraordinary meeting and the board was outed, would Des then stay?
[/quote]
I think it's gone to far now unfortunately

Earnie the Eagle said:
DoggiesBrah said:
WAMF said:
DoggiesBrah said:
Thankyou Thankyou my Sea Eagle friends, first the HAZ then the CRUSHA, then all the players to follow. Sounds like a sweet deal if you ask me?

DAMN it's good being rich :D

UP THE DOGGIES

Pork kebabs for lunch?

OH BRO We got plenty to munch on at ANZ Stadium!! Don't worry you can leave Brookvale behind man that place is a dump!

KEBABS ROLLS FALAFEL DEZZIE THE LOT!

Who let this idiot out of his box!!
The Belmore allsorts need hearts not coaches & players, the only time they could win was in the days of thuggery. The fans can be proud though, certainly making up for the dirtbag attitude off the field -congrats. Another problem I hear for these consistent losers who again missed the top 8, is the players prefer playing at Coffs Harbour where they still lose footy but can concentrate on being grubs off it. ;)

MK Eagle said:
Earnie the Eagle said:
DoggiesBrah said:
WAMF said:
DoggiesBrah said:
Thankyou Thankyou my Sea Eagle friends, first the HAZ then the CRUSHA, then all the players to follow. Sounds like a sweet deal if you ask me?

DAMN it's good being rich :D

UP THE DOGGIES

Pork kebabs for lunch?

OH BRO We got plenty to munch on at ANZ Stadium!! Don't worry you can leave Brookvale behind man that place is a dump!

KEBABS ROLLS FALAFEL DEZZIE THE LOT!

Who let this idiot out of his box!!
The Belmore allsorts need hearts not coaches & players, the only time they could win was in the days of thuggery. The fans can be proud though, certainly making up for the dirtbag attitude off the field -congrats. Another problem I hear for these consistent losers who again missed the top 8, is the players prefer playing at Coffs Harbour where they still lose footy but can concentrate on being grubs off it. ;)

All is unproven thus far

I remember back to last year when we let the brightest prospect in the game Hodkinson go to the dogs that we all cried foul and how could Manly let this happen. Look who came along to replace him. Now we all know that Manly is struggling financially and although it is clear that Des has left moreso because of the CEO and the board rather than just money how much would we have to pay to keep him. Yet we have 2 ex players who to my way of thinking could turn out to be great coaches in Toovey and Cliffy. NOW would you rather Manly spend upwards of 700-800 thousand or more on Des and lose guys like DCE, Foz, Buhrer,Lussick,Stewarts,Lyon etc or get a new coach like Tooves or Cliffy and keep said players??? Another question would you want Manly to spend said money to keep Des and find we go belly up in a few years because of it????????

According to Paul (my face looks like a) Kent on twitter. Dessie took the players into a room before the awards night and reckons they all came out looking pretty filthy.

RE: Solution to keep Des Hasler

Earnie the Eagle said:
amrak said:
bob dylan said:
Let him go if he wants.

I saw Fulton go in 77 and in 78 Manly were Premiers.

Life goes on.

You are dreaming in 77 and 78 Manly were rolling in money so they could lose Fulton and still have a top team the truth is in 2011 you have no money and Des can't wait to get out and the silence coming out of the club is deafening. Mr private school boy with red face is looking foolish

OneEyedEagle said:
Bellamy will be at the scumdogs in 2013

Keep typing it and you may even convince yourself

Who is this knob?

I think by the rubbish he writes it may be Paul Kent

mickqld said:
I remember back to last year when we let the brightest prospect in the game Hodkinson go to the dogs that we all cried foul and how could Manly let this happen. Look who came along to replace him. Now we all know that Manly is struggling financially and although it is clear that Des has left moreso because of the CEO and the board rather than just money how much would we have to pay to keep him. Yet we have 2 ex players who to my way of thinking could turn out to be great coaches in Toovey and Cliffy. NOW would you rather Manly spend upwards of 700-800 thousand or more on Des and lose guys like DCE, Foz, Buhrer,Lussick,Stewarts,Lyon etc or get a new coach like Tooves or Cliffy and keep said players??? Another question would you want Manly to spend said money to keep Des and find we go belly up in a few years because of it????????
Isn't one of added losses of Des leaving is the Stewarts may and Foran probably will go with him.

I am the biggest fan in the world of Des Hasler, I will always cherish his contribution to Manly as a coach (2008, 2011), and as a player (1987, 1996) and the culture of Manly.
Love the guy to bits and always will.
But, as a Manly fan, concerned about the future competitiveness and culture of the Manly club, I do not want Des Hasler at Manly in 2012. I want him out, a new coach in, and plans made for Manly's immediate and long term future starting next week.
Having Des as a lame duck coach next year means Manly puts on hold their future and allows a Bulldogs insider to exist in the club to form the bonds that will ultimately result in Manly players following him out, jeopardizing the club for a decade or more. Lets say we we were competitive next year but didn't win it (a very likely possibility). Imagine if we lost Brett Stewart, Kieran Foran and T-Rex just to start with at the end of 2012. Not only has 2012 been wasted, but you lose players the could take a decade to replace. We may not see another Manly premiership for more than a decade because of the loss of players, culture, and critical personell.
The people that make me sick are these hired gun super coaches like Bennett and Smith who hop from club to club after the money and taking players with them. That's the exact crappy culture that teams like the Broncos, Knights, Penrith, and Bulldogs embrace and make us throw up at their shallowness.
By keeping Des at Manly next year, that is precisely the culture Manly will be surrogates of.
Sack DES, bring in Toovey, and let's start making adjustments. After playing a year under Tooves we move forward and the players will want to stay and Manly's future assured.
NYEagle

NYEagle said:
I am the biggest fan in the world of Des Hasler, I will always cherish his contribution to Manly as a coach (2008, 2011), and as a player (1987, 1996) and the culture of Manly.
Love the guy to bits and always will.
But, as a Manly fan, concerned about the future competitiveness and culture of the Manly club, I do not want Des Hasler at Manly in 2012. I want him out, a new coach in, and plans made for Manly's immediate and long term future starting next week.
Having Des as a lame duck coach next year means Manly puts on hold their future and allows a Bulldogs insider to exist in the club to form the bonds that will ultimately result in Manly players following him out, jeopardizing the club for a decade or more. Lets say we we were competitive next year but didn't win it (a very likely possibility). Imagine if we lost Brett Stewart, Kieran Foran and T-Rex just to start with at the end of 2012. Not only has 2012 been wasted, but you lose players the could take a decade to replace. We may not see another Manly premiership for more than a decade because of the loss of players, culture, and critical personell.
The people that make me sick are these hired gun super coaches like Bennett and Smith who hop from club to club after the money and taking players with them. That's the exact crappy culture that teams like the Broncos, Knights, Penrith, and Bulldogs embrace and make us throw up at their shallowness.
By keeping Des at Manly next year, that is precisely the culture Manly will be surrogates of.
Sack DES, bring in Toovey, and let's start making adjustments. After playing a year under Tooves we move forward and the players will want to stay and Manly's future assured.
NYEagle

Agreed 100%. Well said.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8