Des is staying for 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cambo said:
I dont buy this rubbish about the board anymore because his mate the one who he got so upset over when he was made redunadant is now going to be on the board. So im sorry that doesnt wash with me.

Here's hoping Des and Crusher have out clauses in their Dogs contracts that if Zorba is appointed on the Manly board they renege on their deals.

The answer to this is simple given he clearly wants to cause as much disruption to the organisation as possible.

Change the job description of head coach to only include cleaning toilets on game day and have all access to other staff and players withdrawn to him given he's actively disrupting the organisation.

He'll quit in less than 5 minutes.

No one's get out clauses will be valid.

Change the job description of head coach back once he leaves.

(Yes this could be done more tactfully, but that mop of hair needs to be used to best effect while it's still an asset to the organisation)

"The gloves are off, God.", "God has taken my bird and my bush.", "God is a mean kid with a magnifying glass.", "Smite me, O Mighty Smiter."

susan said:
My information is Des will definitely be coaching for 2012 so lets forget all the hand wringing and get on with it.He is not going to Dogs till 2013.

He has won 2 comps while having no respect for the board.The 2012 Dogs roster is something no one mentions also.Who would want that lot.12 months gives him time to work on that(and that includes looking at players from all clubs,not just Manly)and not be under pressure next year with a weak roster. He is also the utmost professional and loves the Manly players.

Player retention will be an issue 2013 onwards but I have high hopes for 2012.Fans should make the most of it as successful periods for clubs come and go.This is our time.

Well then, according to the collective wisdom of the unwashed herd here, we're destined for the wooden spoon next year. How could there be any other result with two Judas' in the ranks, hell-bent on revenge, destruction and pilfering the entire playing roster?

God said:
Change the job description of head coach to only include cleaning toilets on game day and have all access to other staff and players withdrawn to him given he's actively disrupting the organisation.

Your suggestion is a good one Big G, provided adequate KPIs are imposed to ensure floaters are appropriately dealt with by Des.

I would prefer to give him support in his role. This is the best way to achieve success, not the petty spiteful measures listed on here

lsz said:
I would prefer to give him support in his role. This is the best way to achieve success, not the petty spiteful measures listed on here

In NO other job would you be allowed to stay there for 12 months once you've decided to leave and influence other staff to leave with you.

I was kidding with my reply, but he needs to go and go soon.

Chill.

Here is a comprehensive list of all the NRL teams more favoured to win next year than Manly:

As for 2013+ ... sacking Hasler now has plenty more risks than supporting him.

Rex said:
Chill.

Here is a comprehensive list of all the NRL teams more favoured to win next year than Manly:

As for 2013+ ... sacking Hasler now has plenty more risks than supporting him.

Very funny!!!! best post of the day!! :D

Mark from Brisbane said:
DSM5 said:
I wish the line of Hasler 'having no respect for the board' would disappear. While having no respect for the board brought him two GF wins and innumerable finals appearances. Having some respect might have brought him nothing. One doesn't have to have respect for your employers to work successfully with them, just ask the public service. I think Hasler might have meant 'I lost control of the board', and they started to ask questions.

As I have been saying for weeks, "Money and Control" and very little to do at all with "dysfunctional" boards.

The board(s) have copped a hammering over this but blind freddy can see that all this really started when Perry came on board....NOW I am not being critical of him at all, he's doing a job that he's been brought in to do.

Des IS contracted until 2013, he won't be sacked and unless he walks of his own accord he'll be coaching in 2012.

Mark someone told me something today that completely backs up what you have posted above, not many coaches nowadays have almost total autonomy in regards to player selection and contract negotiation.

Whether or not this is a good move on the clubs behalf is not really any of my business. It's happened now and all I/we can do is to back Tooves 100%.

If Hasler has any residual feeling for the club he played for and coached to two premierships he should walk now.Tooves is the future. Hasler's presence is only causing dissent. By leaving voluntarily he can at least regain some credibility.

That's a good point Moondog. Although he'd be doing a full years pay, and I seem to remember reading that he's as tight as.

DSM5 said:
That's a good point Moondog. Although he'd be doing a full years pay, and I seem to remember reading that he's as tight as.
Yes DSM5, stories of his short arms and long pockets are legendary, however I see his position at Manly becoming untenable, especially if we suffer some defeats early in the season or even worse lose to the Bulldogs.

susan said:
My information is Des will definitely be coaching for 2012 so lets forget all the hand wringing and get on with it.He is not going to Dogs till 2013.

He has won 2 comps while having no respect for the board.The 2012 Dogs roster is something no one mentions also.Who would want that lot.12 months gives him time to work on that(and that includes looking at players from all clubs,not just Manly)and not be under pressure next year with a weak roster. He is also the utmost professional and loves the Manly players.

Player retention will be an issue 2013 onwards but I have high hopes for 2012.Fans should make the most of it as successful periods for clubs come and go.This is our time.

Des is leaving this week and it is no wonder.As a long time member of this site,I have noticed the place is full of wanna be idiots and self professed footy experts.Some of the **** that comes out is not only embarrassing for the club,but downright pathetic as a sea eagles fan.While you are at it idiots,how about behaving at the games and getting rid of the crappy"garden gnome" and "push it up"crap banners.

Negotiations were completed months ago and there WILL be further staff moves to the Bulldogs and players will follow.By the end of next week and before serious pre-season starts,there will be a well planned and executed series of announcements.
I have taken the liberty of a throw away account and will answer ANY questions from fans with info from DEEP within the club.This move is to help the transition period end sooner rather than later.Key words have peen used in this post for identity detectives..Plebs be on notice.

Belmore2011 said:
Des is leaving this week and it is no wonder.As a long time member of this site,I have noticed the place is full of wanna be idiots and self professed footy experts.Some of the s**t that comes out is not only embarrassing for the club,but downright pathetic as a sea eagles fan.While you are at it idiots,how about behaving at the games and getting rid of the crappy"garden gnome" and "push it up"crap banners.

Negotiations were completed months ago and there WILL be further staff moves to the Bulldogs and players will follow.By the end of next week and before serious pre-season starts,there will be a well planned and executed series of announcements.
I have taken the liberty of a throw away account and will answer ANY questions from fans with info from DEEP within the club.This move is to help the transition period end sooner rather than later.Key words have peen used in this post for identity detectives..Plebs be on notice.
BAHAHAHAHAHA

Ceagle said:
Belmore2011 said:
Des is leaving this week and it is no wonder.As a long time member of this site,I have noticed the place is full of wanna be idiots and self professed footy experts.Some of the s**t that comes out is not only embarrassing for the club,but downright pathetic as a sea eagles fan.While you are at it idiots,how about behaving at the games and getting rid of the crappy"garden gnome" and "push it up"crap banners.

BAHAHAHAHAHA

Come on ceagle give this new poster the opportunity to fill us in.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Ceagle said:
Belmore2011 said:

BAHAHAHAHAHA

Come on ceagle give this new poster the opportunity to fill us in.

Longtime member? 1 post, name is Belmore2011, this has to be one of the worst troll accounts i have seen.

Belmore2011 said:
susan said:

While you are at this, is it possible you have inside information on 21 Dec 2012 as the end of the world? Will that hinder the Bulldogs chances in 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4