Des is staying for 2012

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

susan

Bencher
My information is Des will definitely be coaching for 2012 so lets forget all the hand wringing and get on with it.He is not going to Dogs till 2013.

He has won 2 comps while having no respect for the board.The 2012 Dogs roster is something no one mentions also.Who would want that lot.12 months gives him time to work on that(and that includes looking at players from all clubs,not just Manly)and not be under pressure next year with a weak roster. He is also the utmost professional and loves the Manly players.

Player retention will be an issue 2013 onwards but I have high hopes for 2012.Fans should make the most of it as successful periods for clubs come and go.This is our time.

How focused are he and Crusher going to be though ? They sure as hell won't be going into bat for Manly as part of the retention committee I wouldn't imagine.

Having no respect for the board and still being contracted to Manly is one thing, but having no respect for the board and knowing you are going to another job is another.

I wish the line of Hasler 'having no respect for the board' would disappear. While having no respect for the board brought him two GF wins and innumerable finals appearances. Having some respect might have brought him nothing. One doesn't have to have respect for your employers to work successfully with them, just ask the public service. I think Hasler might have meant 'I lost control of the board', and they started to ask questions.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Singe is staying from what I heard from 3 sources

Chip and Chase said:
How focused are he and Crusher going to be though ? They sure as hell won't be going into bat for Manly as part of the retention committee I wouldn't imagine.

Having no respect for the board and still being contracted to Manly is one thing, but having no respect for the board and knowing you are going to another job is another.

Crusher is already gone at starts at the dogs in a few weeks, I'd imagine if Hasler is still coaching us in 2012 there'd be a fair amount of phone calls between them. The best solution is he resigned asap.

It's untenable, plus how would the playing group without clauses be if Des took the ones with clauses in their contract, I think they wouldn't be too happy as they'd said on numerous occasions that they're a very tight group. It will be like breaking up the "family". How can they stay focussed throughout the year?

DSM5 said:
I wish the line of Hasler 'having no respect for the board' would disappear. While having no respect for the board brought him two GF wins and innumerable finals appearances. Having some respect might have brought him nothing. One doesn't have to have respect for your employers to work successfully with them, just ask the public service. I think Hasler might have meant 'I lost control of the board', and they started to ask questions.

As I have been saying for weeks, "Money and Control" and very little to do at all with "dysfunctional" boards.

The board(s) have copped a hammering over this but blind freddy can see that all this really started when Perry came on board....NOW I am not being critical of him at all, he's doing a job that he's been brought in to do.

Des IS contracted until 2013, he won't be sacked and unless he walks of his own accord he'll be coaching in 2012.

Dms5 Good point.

Was the vote 5-2 to keep hasler at manly in 2012?

The 2 were onto something.

Chip and Chase said:

It's not their job anymore. Player retention and recruitment is up to Toovey and his team now. This is nothing but a changing of the guard. There obviously would be processes in place to make the transition as seamless as possible. It's a good thing really. All Des has to do is focus on going back to back.

I really wish all the doomsday speculation on this site would stop. The only information anyone has is the bull**** rumours being spread around on this site. Life goes on. Manly will play on.

What "past information" do you refer to firechild.

And betting a two man tent is hardly backing yourself....

Am I missing something here?

The Warriors this year had a coach who was leaving at the end of the season. They were rather successful, one might have thought. Manly aside, they would have won the comp.

The supporters and administration were mature enough not to sack him and he did the job for them.

Difference being they are a group that haven't achieved anything, playing roster and the coach

If you look at Saints for example, the group had won it the year before along with a coach that has had a lot of success

Canteen Worker said:
Am I missing something here?

The Warriors this year had a coach who was leaving at the end of the season. They were rather successful, one might have thought. Manly aside, they would have won the comp.

The supporters and administration were mature enough not to sack him and he did the job for them.

It's hard one

I could understand the board telling des to pack his bags and go to belmore now before he can take anymore of the support staff.

But then theres the out clauses some players have if he is sacked so the board is damned if they do damned if they dont.

I personal will refuse to attend another manly game while this Treacherous mercenary (i hope im allowed to use these words and wont offend Manlybacker ;) ) is our coach.

I dont buy this rubbish about the board anymore because his mate the one who he got so upset over when he was made redunadant is now going to be on the board. So im sorry that doesnt wash with me.

I will support the players and the club I will buy 3 or 4 GA tickets for brookie and give them away so the club will still get the same money ontop of my membership but I dont physically want to be at a manly game while he is still coach.

do spill you beer that would waste money we all know how De$ feels about money lol

Difficult decision but most other businesses would have cut an employee like Des, without a second thought given the same predicament. Even knowing there might be collateral damage in the process. Better to get it over and doneski.
Perhaps it's time for the SE board to just harden up and be prepared to take the hit now, so that the club can rebuild from tomorrow?

If we let des go now then we risk pissing off the players big time and ruining our 2012 season. Better to risk ruining from 2013 onwards.

susan said:
My information is Des will definitely be coaching for 2012 so lets forget all the hand wringing and get on with it.He is not going to Dogs till 2013.

He has won 2 comps while having no respect for the board.The 2012 Dogs roster is something no one mentions also.Who would want that lot.12 months gives him time to work on that(and that includes looking at players from all clubs,not just Manly)and not be under pressure next year with a weak roster. He is also the utmost professional and loves the Manly players.

Player retention will be an issue 2013 onwards but I have high hopes for 2012.Fans should make the most of it as successful periods for clubs come and go.This is our time.
While I agree with you regarding Des' perspective, IMHO any club or business for that matter, needs to dismiss any employee that threatens the stability of the club/business, in particular, the future of other current employees.

Nothing will be ruined. Des will do his best. His desire will be to go back to back. Tooves will take over and all will be ok. FFS The coach, rucruitment team can all be replaced. We've got the same playing roster so we'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8