Des Hasler!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Des has the Midas Touch. The difference between this and last years team, with essentially a very similar team is quite remarkable. He surely is the best coach we have ever had. Fulton was great but he usually had champion players to use. Manly has a few top liners and a bunch of hard workers who just want to win. Well done Des. Only Bellamy is in your class. You'd even give Jack Gibson a run for his money..

Last edited:
Anyone miss Barrett? The squad is really doing it tough without those nights out on the piss after a win and the extra lawn chairs...

Ferris was a big loss too. The players don't have an fat, unprofessional sack of human debris running their fitness anymore... It's a miracle that they are so much more competitive in defence and late into matches this year.
Yes... I believe @Fluffy misses Barrett... come on Fluffy, get on board the Dessie train.

Anyone miss Barrett? The squad is really doing it tough without those nights out on the piss after a win and the extra lawn chairs...

Ferris was a big loss too. The players don't have an fat, unprofessional sack of human debris running their fitness anymore... It's a miracle that they are so much more competitive in defence and late into matches this year.
Ferris and barrett and fast fading memories

M
Hasler has made an absolute mockery out of Barrett so far this season. I can’t see Baz in anything above an assistant role for.Trent in the near future, and even that seems a stretch.
I was just imagining him getting interviewed and been asked what he thinks of the manly team this year hahaha those damn demountables

Des' return has calmed everyone down.:happy:

The largest contributor is Scott for even entertaining the idea of Des' return after he stripped his Club in 2012. Takes a lot to rebuild trust :clap:

Des has instilled the confidence in his players that all their challenges are fixable.

The Fans now believe that each selected Team is able to compete with their opponents.

Management is now free to focus on the business of running a franchise :)

Yes... I believe @Fluffy misses Barrett... come on Fluffy, get on board the Dessie train.

I miss Toovey but am over the moon to see Brett Stewart, Matt Ballin and Michael Monaghan involved. Their new positions and added input are paying dividends. Would also love to see Brent Kite in the coaching staff somewhere as he will add a lot of value in keeping our guys heads right with experience both on the field and from the Polynesian upbringing.

So if anyone has more insight into how we've trained under Des then feel free to say. My thoughts are that Des came in and demanded inclusivity of every player in the top 30 and development squads. That means they're ALL involved in training sessions in each position they're capable of playing as well as video and gym sessions. Playing full contact opposing sessions, basically everything that the capt down does. This is why the BWSE aren't doing so good but really who cares. Toral focus on the entire first grade squad

Comparatively though I reckon that other guy (TOG) didn't employ this method nor any inclusivity in sessions either field or in house therefore only had a select few as an inner circle and causing rifts between the playing group.

So if anyone has more insight into how we've trained under Des then feel free to say. My thoughts are that Des came in and demanded inclusivity of every player in the top 30 and development squads. That means they're ALL involved in training sessions in each position they're capable of playing as well as video and gym sessions. Playing full contact opposing sessions, basically everything that the capt down does. This is why the BWSE aren't doing so good but really who cares. Toral focus on the entire first grade squad

Comparatively though I reckon that other guy (TOG) didn't employ this method nor any inclusivity in sessions either field or in house therefore only had a select few as an inner circle and causing rifts between the playing group.
Des gives them homework and makes sure that it's done by reviewing it :wait:

giphy.gif

It’s just not a fair comparison, he has a sprint coach apparently.
and waterboy coach, kicking tee coach, garden furniture coach, just missing a refs coach but apparently Cam Smith is unable to sign more than 2 contracts a year.

I do have more insight - the big change in the off season was all the extra information and people to guide the players through it. It was the most intellectually difficult offseason one of our veterans has experienced.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8