Des Hasler!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I miss Toovey but am over the moon to see Brett Stewart, Matt Ballin and Michael Monaghan involved. Their new positions and added input are paying dividends. Would also love to see Brent Kite in the coaching staff somewhere as he will add a lot of value in keeping our guys heads right with experience both on the field and from the Polynesian upbringing.
Kite would be perfect for that role. Particularly when one considers how he overcame his wild youth and the type of person he was by the end of his career. Nice call @Fluffy!

Dessie’s back... back again!

I am in shock with what he has done with this team...

When he left us at the end of 2011/beginning of 2012, my 12 year old self was heartbroken. I didn't think I could forgive him ever. But after news broke of him being a possible contender to re-join us, I was actually welcoming of it seeing as though there wasn't much else out there.

And WOW - I am SOOO glad he is back!!!

He is just incredible. What he has been able to do with this squad with countless injuries of some of our best has been so unexpected.

Des is god :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

Des has the ability to bring out the best in players. He leads by example and his amazing work ethic sets a fine example to the playing group. The team looks amazing and the boys show tenacity in the face of adversity. Exciting times ahead!

Packer is reportedly earning more than $650,000 for the 2019 season and is on a long term deal through to the end of 2021.

2021 ... Good Lord ... good luck off loading that contract for more than 20cents in the dollar ...

Packer is reportedly earning more than $650,000 for the 2019 season and is on a long term deal through to the end of 2021.

2021 ... Good Lord ... good luck off loading that contract for more than 20cents in the dollar ...
Plus he is lame with some foot and hip issue :eek:

The game plan today against Saints was genius.

You could see we played a much more expansive game today, rushing the ball to the edges at every opportunity. It meant the big Dragons forwards pack couldn't slow us down in the middle and win the ruck. It also exposed the Saints lack of experience on the fringes. A really smart game plan that went a long way to victory.

We didn't simply turn up and play better...Saints were on today and turned up to play, but were out smarted and out coached.

Haslers 1% are really showing up in our side. Players a re coached to their strengths and told exactly what's expected and where their weaknesses are.

Look at Sirro. Over the past 3 seasons he continually gave away possession from trying to get the miracle pass away. This year it looks like he's been coached to run hard and put that **** in the locker unless it's a guaranteed play.

Jorge plays every ball with 2 hands so very little dropsie. Has caught any kicks really well after the first few rounds.

Even Marty has stopped the low percentage offload.

Haslers 1% is paying off...

The game plan today against Saints was genius.

You could see we played a much more expansive game today, rushing the ball to the edges at every opportunity. It meant the big Dragons forwards pack couldn't slow us down in the middle and win the ruck. It also exposed the Saints lack of experience on the fringes. A really smart game plan that went a long way to victory.

We didn't simply turn up and play better...Saints were on today and turned up to play, but were out smarted and out coached.

Agree, and you could see in Mary's presser that he agreed too, but stopped short of saying so.

DES DOING DELICIOUS THINGS
Maybe Brisbane, North Queensland and Gold Coast should take a good hard look at Manly.

What a job Des Hasler has done this year at Brookvale. The Sea Eagles have won eight from 14 and sit sixth.

They are working for each other, working for their coach and their scramble defence has been amazing. Addin Fonua-Blake and Marty Taupau are just about the best front-row paring in rugby league.

Manly's roster at times this season has been modest at best but they are having a red-hot crack every week.

And you know what? An underdog team is always highly dangerous in the finals. They simply have nothing to lose.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...d-brisbane-broncos/18qfxlx6coq9m1vlcfot018qj9

DES DOING DELICIOUS THINGS
Maybe Brisbane, North Queensland and Gold Coast should take a good hard look at Manly.

What a job Des Hasler has done this year at Brookvale. The Sea Eagles have won eight from 14 and sit sixth.

They are working for each other, working for their coach and their scramble defence has been amazing. Addin Fonua-Blake and Marty Taupau are just about the best front-row paring in rugby league.

Manly's roster at times this season has been modest at best but they are having a red-hot crack every week.

And you know what? An underdog team is always highly dangerous in the finals. They simply have nothing to lose.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/lea...d-brisbane-broncos/18qfxlx6coq9m1vlcfot018qj9
I thought the headline meant DES had been on Masterchef.

6B9FEEB5-325A-4B12-951B-1480A4C12E2A.jpeg
Is Hasler’s ‘Us vs them’ strategy working? :D

5 Manly players in the fans polled ‘Team of the Week’

They don’t hate us anymore and it’s not because we pose little to no threat.. interesting..

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/16/choose-who-should-be-in-nrl-team-of-the-week-round-14/

Nice effort from Des and And the boys!!

View attachment 11604 Is Hasler’s ‘Us vs them’ strategy working? :D

5 Manly players in the fans polled ‘Team of the Week’

They don’t hate us anymore and it’s not because we pose little to no threat.. interesting..

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/06/16/choose-who-should-be-in-nrl-team-of-the-week-round-14/

Nice effort from Des and And the boys!!
The irony is that, according to the stats, DCE made zero runs and zero metres gain. Yet he has been judged the halfback of the week.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6