Des Hasler!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The irony is that, according to the stats, DCE made zero runs and zero metres gain. Yet he has been judged the halfback of the week.
Chez is a Jedi Master
giphy.gif

https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-14/sea-eagles-v-dragons/

Player Stats has him with 5 runs, 300+ kick meters ...

Last edited:
  • 🤝
Reactions: R3
Nobody trawling up my hundreds of posts re Barrett/Hasler/Team requirements.....I wonder why?
It feels good to use my eyes and ears to propagate a sound idea regardless of the noise from the naysayers.
By the end of the year, it may well be that we are all on the same page....well, maybe not all :)
Just stirring lol
The trawling of historical posts on here is a very selective process mate. VERY selective indeed.

Statistics don’t always identify the value of a players contribution to a team’s success. An example is Cronk in last years grand final.

A shot here of my son, standing with the great Des Hasler yesterday. Des had given up his time to go and coach the first 15 at my son’s school. Apparently he was very nice, and let the boys take a few pics. My boy told him he was a legend, and was doing a great job this season.

Poor light in the shot, but hey they’re 13 year olds...
C06371D7-9F99-4327-9697-9D463C7D52C5.jpeg

A sign that we are in for some great years ahead is the minimum amount of player movement in the squad and players taking unders to stick together. There will be maybe one rep player come into the squad and a few roll players but that’s it. Bring on the next 10 years. We are in for a real treat.

Stuff like this amazes me

Paul Suttor (NRL.com editor)
Brad Arthur has taken the Eels from the wooden spoon last year to a guaranteed finals berth. He's done it with pretty much the same squad, including a lot of players who are off contract and still playing for a new deal - this "keep them hanging" mentality has worked with several veterans like Michael Jennings.

They had a terrible year last yearand this year, considering the money spent, are around where they should be.

A shot here of my son, standing with the great Des Hasler yesterday. Des had given up his time to go and coach the first 15 at my son’s school. Apparently he was very nice, and let the boys take a few pics. My boy told him he was a legend, and was doing a great job this season.

Poor light in the shot, but hey they’re 13 year olds... View attachment 12179
Thank you for sharing mate Awesome story and awesome photo

Brad Arthur has taken the Eels from the wooden spoon last year to a guaranteed finals berth. He's done it with pretty much the same squad, including a lot of players who are off contract and still playing for a new deal - this "keep them hanging" mentality has worked with several veterans like Michael Jennings.

They had a terrible year last yearand this year, considering the money spent, are around where they should be.

They had 3 big buys, all first graders and Sivo has been a revelation like Garrick.
Blake Ferguson, Junior Paulo, Shaun Lane, Maika Sivo

Our biggest buy was Elgey and a few other reserve graders.
Des easily coach of the year, and the job is not done yet.

They had 3 big buys, all first graders and Sivo has been a revelation like Garrick.
Blake Ferguson, Junior Paulo, Shaun Lane, Maika Sivo

Our biggest buy was Elgey and a few other reserve graders.
Des easily coach of the year, and the job is not done yet.
Yes spot on des easily, though bellamy wouldnt surprise me either knowing the nrl

Does he forget who coached them from 4th in 2017 to last in 2018?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2