Des Hasler!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Woodsie, post: 1138395, member: 25631"]He did ... or are you suggesting this isn't a very good squad he has put together ?[/QUOTE]
Whether people like it or not barrett has made some good moves in recruitment. Others very questionable but also lol AFB was a godsend. Thompson was an astute signing. Walker, Koroisau, Lane, Sironen and Taupau?? Whether that was more bozo I don't know but Sironen, Lane and Koroisau have developed into fine first graders over the last few years. Other than that every other move he made brought him closer to his demise and rightly so

I am confused .... can you stop dribbling about phantom posters for a second and stay on subject .... are you saying this is ... or isn't a good squad ....
Ok ill play the nit picking game with you.
Show me exactly what players where specifically scouted and signed by twenty out of our top 30. Ill get you started with Lewis Brown

Once you can provide those facts ill be happy to give you my opinion.

Show me exactly what players where specifically scouted and signed by twenty out of our top 30. Ill get you started with Lewis Brown

It is common knowledge that Bozo oversaw the recruitment of players during Barrett’s first two seasons. The core of our formidable pack of forwards are all Bozo signings...AFB, Marty, Siro, Paseka, Sipley. Then there’s the Blacktown Workers deal which is now starting to bare fruit for the club (yet another Bozo initiative.)

Trent Barrett was an inexperienced coach who failed miserably from the moment he was forced to step out from beneath Bozo’s shadow. Even Cartwright has played a much bigger role in our recent recruitment.

The juniors who are now coming through are the end result of the club’s pathways programs and junior development, which I dare say, has SFA to do with Barrett. I remember reading an article in the Telegraph a couple of years ago about how the CEO’s from all the other clubs were p1ssed off with the way Fulton was poaching their best juniors.

Big Marty came out on the weekend and explained how Des has improved EVERY player within the squad and that the atmosphere around the place is the best it has ever been. The team is showing more grit than it did at any time during Barrett’s three year tenure (including the year when we scraped into the finals on the back of a St Merge choke.) As for the Penn’s... we are still here.

Last edited:
It is common knowledge that Bozo oversaw the recruitment of players during Barrett’s first two seasons. The core of our formidable pack of forwards are all Bozo signings...AFB, Marty, Siro, Paseka, Sipley. Then there’s the Blacktown Workers deal which is now starting to bare fruit for the club (yet another Bozo initiative.)

Trent Barrett was an inexperienced coach who failed miserably from the moment he was forced to step out from beneath Bozo’s shadow. Even Cartwright has played a much bigger role in our recent recruitment.

The juniors who are now coming through are the end result of the club’s pathways programs and junior development, which I dare say, has SFA to do with Barrett. I remember reading an article in the Telegraph a couple of years ago about how the CEO’s from all the other clubs were p1ssed off with the way Fulton was poaching their best juniors.

Big Marty came out on the weekend and explained how Des has improved EVERY player within the squad and that the atmosphere around the place is the best it has ever been. The team is showing more grit than it did at any time during Barrett’s three year tenure (including the year when we scraped into the finals on the back of a St Merge choke.) As for the Penn’s... we are still here.
I haven't heard any whining about the facilities

Some of you more insightful members may have noticed that I am not a fan of the Penn's .... the main reason for this is that I blame him entirely for creating the circumstances and environment that caused Hasler to leave Manly in the first place ....

I have said before that I am very happy that Dessie is back .... and I am stilled Pissed at Penn for him ever leaving ...
You are ill informed if that’s your opinion.

Yeah and I also think Des helped out with that finals appearance as it was his dogs side that beat the Saints.

you become a bit pathetic when nit picking .. (others call them facts) .. get involved ...

Last edited:
You didn't reply with the facts he asked for buddy. Probably because there are NO players that were scouted and signed by Barrett in our 30. Bozo recruited every player of any note in the Barrett era.

Well fukk me sideways ... you numbnuts have been gibbering on for 3 years that everything is the coaches fault .... the coach is 100% in charge of everything ..... and now ... when it suits you dribblers .... no no no ... Barrett had nothing to do with recruitment ..... Sweet Jesu on a stick ... is there nothing that is too stupid for you people to say ...

PSS ... Congratulations by the way .... your statement " there are NO players that were scouted and signed by Barrett in our 30" is the most ridiculous piece of crap I have ever read ...

Well fukk me sideways ... you numbnuts have been gibbering on for 3 years that everything is the coaches fault .... the coach is 100% in charge of everything ..... and now ... when it suits you dribblers .... no no no ... Barrett had nothing to do with recruitment ..... Sweet Jesu on a stick ... is there nothing that is too stupid for you people to say ...

PSS ... Congratulations by the way .... your statement " there are NO players that were scouted and signed by Barrett in our 30" is the most ridiculous piece of crap I have ever read ...
Again, no facts and more insulting and ranting.

So back to your question...
What squad did Barrett assemble?
Again I'll start you off...
1) Lewis Brown
2)

well ... the whole squad .... he was the coach wasn't he ..... or are you saying the coach is not in charge and responsible for everything ???

Well when you come on and say something as ridiculous as there are no players in our top 30 that Baz recruited ... what were you expecting ... an invitation from MENSA .......

As you have been asked several times, please furnish FACTS of ANY of our 30 being recruited, or even identified by Barrett himself.

As for the Mensa insult, I won't be holding my breath waiting for an invite as although I easily exceeded the Stanford-Binet standard I fell 2 points short of the Cattell qualification level.

I am amazed you continue this Barrett defense but I guess it is like the old joke...You're not really here for the hunting, are you?'

Enjoy most of your posts in other topics though buddy.

Last edited:
As you have been asked several times, please furnish FACTS of ANY of our 30 being recruited, or even identified by Barrett himself.

As for the Mensa insult, I won't be holding my breath waiting for an invite as although I easily exceeded the Stanford-Binet standard I fell 2 points short of the Cattell qualification level.

I am amazed you continue this Barrett defense but I guess it is like the old joke...You're not really here for the hunting, are you?'

Enjoy most of your posts in other topics though buddy.

Sorry, I'm out .... will argue with most people ... but I suspect you may be a little special .... anybody that can maintain 3 times that a coach is not responsible for the recruitment of one player in his 3 years is ... very very special ... and far too good for me ..

Sorry, I'm out .... will argue with most people ... but I suspect you may be a little special .... anybody that can maintain 3 times that a coach is not responsible for the recruitment of one player in his 3 years is ... very very special ... and far too good for me ..

Still evading the calls for facts.

And BTW, it was that Barrett wasn't responsible for recruiting any players in our 30, not how you twisted it to be, "that a coach is not responsible for the recruitment of one player in his 3 years".

You're wasting my time unfortunately.

Still evading the calls for facts.

And BTW, it was that Barrett wasn't responsible for recruiting any players in our 30, not how you twisted it to be, "that a coach is not responsible for the recruitment of one player in his 3 years".

You're wasting my time unfortunately.

I sincerely hope somebody else is also inhabiting that fantasyland of yours .... you clearly need some assistance .....

giphy.gif
Beep beep beep beep beep

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8