Deep deep doo doo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I have never seen the Club in such a hole.

The problems we face largely centre around the seven. They form a block with a great deal of power. A block willing to put themselves before the club. Within this block are not only religious fundamentalists, but several young men who's very close friend has been convicted of a violent crime and some of those and others who were also very good friends with a young man who collapsed in front of them and died on the training field less than two years ago. If you ignore the boycott, this is still enough to suggest these young men need exceptional counselling to get them through their trauma.

Now let's add the boycott. This block refused to play in a game which was absolutely vital for our season. That's seven of our usual (bar the injured) starting 17. The remaining 10 were left to try their guts out with average reserve graders as well as front up to the press whenever the club required them to. There's no doubt looking at their performances that his is no longer a unified team. We have not won a game since. Not even close. Of the 10 who played, four are leaving at years end. So rather than 10 vs 7, it's now 6 vs 7. The boycotters have the numbers.

Regardless of the fault of marketing, how does Dessie fix this?
What other coach would want to come in to such a fractured group?
What player would want to join this very public mess?
Was it so bad that it sent Donnie over the edge (see someone's earlier post)?
What can a new CEO do to begin to repair?
Can the Penn family to anything but hinder?

Apart from the Northern Eagles, I can't recall a worse time.

I have never seen the Club in such a hole.

The problems we face largely centre around the seven. They form a block with a great deal of power. A block willing to put themselves before the club. Within this block are not only religious fundamentalists, but several young men who's very close friend has been convicted of a violent crime and some of those and others who were also very good friends with a young man who collapsed in front of them and died on the training field less than two years ago. If you ignore the boycott, this is still enough to suggest these young men need exceptional counselling to get them through their trauma.

Now let's add the boycott. This block refused to play in a game which was absolutely vital for our season. That's seven of our usual (bar the injured) starting 17. The remaining 10 were left to try their guts out with average reserve graders as well as front up to the press whenever the club required them to. There's no doubt looking at their performances that his is no longer a unified team. We have not won a game since. Not even close. Of the 10 who played, four are leaving at years end. So rather than 10 vs 7, it's now 6 vs 7. The boycotters have the numbers.

Regardless of the fault of marketing, how does Dessie fix this?
What other coach would want to come in to such a fractured group?
What player would want to join this very public mess?
Was it so bad that it sent Donnie over the edge (see someone's earlier post)?
What can a new CEO do to begin to repair?
Can the Penn family to anything but hinder?

Apart from the Northern Eagles, I can't recall a worse time.

Really good post @Budgewoi Eagle just A couple of things. I haven't seen the post about Donnie over the edge I missed that can you fill me in.

Secondly I understand where your coming from, things aren't what we want. However I think we are no where near as low as we were under sharp in 2003 and Barrett 2018 second last both seasons.

I think as long as the front office support des he will get us out of this. I do think we need to change up some of our support staff, ideally a strong experience Assistant like Toovey or Flanno would be great.

To be fair mate the Saints game we we're screwed by covid losing Jake, croker and Davey to covid.

Prior to the saints game

We looked good
Only for a couple of Brain explosions in the last 10 mins we beat the cows the 2nd best team in the comp. We got Melbourne we doesn't happen often and we hammered newcastle. We were gaining some real momentum considering turbo was gone.

Sadly after that we had the covid game and the jersey saga and we were done.

I still think the NRL should have let the 7 play in our home strip. Sonny bill was allowed to play without gambling and banking major sponsors on his jersey

What’s happened to Donny ?

He’s been doing this a long while. Has he decided to do something else ?

Since Saints it's been a different level of bad. We've plumbed the depths! Aloiai in particular, has been a shadow of his former self. The playing group's fractured and the team's demoralised. No doubt about it.

I haven't seen the post about Donnie over the edge I missed that can you fill me in.
The Donnie post was on his Instagram. Sounds like he's ok now, which is a huge relief. It said:

I modelled myself on Major Payne😂😁 great movie😁

I’m going to make a statement today and then as I get my head around the best way of telling it … I’m going to tell my story😁NO ADVICE, NO GOLDEN GEMS of ENLIGHTENMENT. Just my story …. Of where I went for 23 days and how I was supported as I made my way back.

“Sharing your vulnerability is your greatest step to finding your balance”🙏

I know

I have just experienced it

No advice coming

Just my story

See you soon

Ps I am well and healthy, safe and stronger for my experience …. Thankyou😁😁😁NOW😁😁😁😁😁

#anxiety #support #nrl #wellcollegeglobal #oldbull #oldmanstrength #talktherapy #connectingpeople #friendshipday #thankyou #leadership

I like the post, but I also agree that the wheels were falling off before the jersey ****storm. Then we did a head gasket and the piece of **** won’t start at all now.

I do agree there is a massive power block and the team has club may have erred in how they let the fainu situation play out and definitely mis stepped in their handling of the jersey.

Des needs support from the front office, and support in the football department, we don’t look for, we don’t look coached. We don’t look like we care and our captain/coach/club can’t cut through the malaise.

We have huge issues. Anyone who is y worried just isn’t watching.

I still blame the marketing department for the absolute ****pie we have in our squad now. Wether you agree religiously or philosophically with the 7. No one should have their private beliefs aired in public against their will. That’s exactly the situation the club created. No wonder they are pissed, I would be too

I hope so.
What are you saying
You hope he is ok?
Or
You hope he does something else?

I hope it's the first one. Because if it's pretty disrepectful if you meant the later Don was major part of 4 grand finals and two premierships at this club and is one of the best in the business. Worth noting significantly better than the red headed gronk Barrett replaced him with.

I like the post, but I also agree that the wheels were falling off before the jersey *storm. Then we did a head gasket and the piece of * won’t start at all now.

I do agree there is a massive power block and the team has club may have erred in how they let the fainu situation play out and definitely mis stepped in their handling of the jersey.

Des needs support from the front office, and support in the football department, we don’t look for, we don’t look coached. We don’t look like we care and our captain/coach/club can’t cut through the malaise.

We have huge issues. Anyone who is y worried just isn’t watching.

I still blame the marketing department for the absolute ****pie we have in our squad now. Wether you agree religiously or philosophically with the 7. No one should have their private beliefs aired in public against their will. That’s exactly the situation the club created. No wonder they are pissed, I would be too
Mate i think they played the faniu situation perfectly. I think they stood by him not only because of his ability but the ability of the two younger brothers, especially Latu.

I don't think anyone at the club expected him to be found guilty.

I also think that guilty verdict is taking its toll on Schmole. He and Manase are very close and also his brothers role in the event that put manase in that position.

What are you saying
You hope he is ok?
Or

I hope it's the first one. Because if it's pretty disrepectful if you meant the later Don was major part of 4 grand finals and two premierships at this club and is one of the best in the business. Worth noting significantly better than the red headed gronk Barrett replaced him with.

You don’t get to coast on you laurels forever

Donny is past it as a trainer
Toovey was never a great coach
Luke Williamson was a deadset plodder
Des might be passed his use by date.

It’s cool, doesn’t make me less of a fan because I can admit these things

What are you saying
You hope he is ok?
Or

Haha go back and read some of your own posts before you use the word respect…

You don’t get to coast on you laurels forever

Donny is past it as a trainer
Toovey was never a great coach
Luke Williamson was a deadset plodder
Des might be passed his use by date.

It’s cool, doesn’t make me less of a fan because I can admit these things
You don't go as close to winning a grand final as tooves did (yes fxxk you shayne Hanye you blind flog) if you can't coach

Its really not that bad is it.

We have just run out of players and steam this year. Add in the jersey fiasco and MF and we find ourselves in a hole. So what. It happens.

We need to move on from the boycott. We need to move on from MF. We just need to move on. By bringing up the '7' all we are doing is adding to any perceived fracture.

Look at the cowboys last year. Lost 11 straight. Coach had lost parts of the dressing room. JT on the outer and loads of problems. Fast forward 12 months and life is sweet again.

We will bounce back. We will unite again.

Its really not that bad is it.

We have just run out of players and steam this year. Add in the jersey fiasco and MF and we find ourselves in a hole. So what. It happens.

We need to move on from the boycott. We need to move on from MF. We just need to move on. By bringing up the '7' all we are doing is adding to any perceived fracture.

Look at the cowboys last year. Lost 11 straight. Coach had lost parts of the dressing room. JT on the outer and loads of problems. Fast forward 12 months and life is sweet again.

We will bounce back. We will unite again.
The Cowboys have a very impressive playing squad . We also need to match them in that area

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4