Deep deep doo doo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think a lot of the optimists on here are underestimating the long term ramifications of an unprecedented sit out by half our squad. The divide may literally take years to fully repair
Disagree.

If it’s the divide most think it is , there’ll be a purge.

The strong group are the Captain and the Turbo’s , the latter having northern beaches blood flowing in their veins.

See my post immediately before this.

Just had a moment of perspective while on Instagram (I know how stupid that sounds) BUT...... on the Manly Instagram page they had a number of pictures from a fan appreciation day and you know what stood out.

How happy the fans shown were at meeting players that don our great jersey. Jason Saab was there and the fans were just happy to have a picture taken with him. They didn't complain that his carries are apprently week or that he was one of the '7' and that he should be dropped. Paseka the man mountain was a crowd favorite. No one said to him he has no heart or motor ( something mentioned often by some on here).

When you come here to silvertails and see the anger. The vitriol. The down right nasty its easy to forget these people are a small small minority that are afforded a voice on social media. They moan, bitch and curse our players one minute and cheer like crazy people the next all under the guise of being 'real fans'....

Well guess what. those people on the photos are the real fans. Fans who cheer and support regardless of results. Fans that don't personally insult players that even when they loose try.

Reading the game day thread the same bully's were out throwing insults left right and centre. Well folks how about next time you are walking down the corso and you see Gauc or shoe or DCE or Saab or any other of the guys you have the balls to go to up to them and say the things you type here to their face....would love to see how that ends up.
Spot on @Eagle of London
Real fans go to the games and support the players and appreciate every Manly player who puts the jersey on.

This is going to be controversial but it’s true; there is good people that post on here but on the other hand this place is full of **** kickers who never go to games or support the club in anyway possible, they are negative in all facets in life and want to bring people and players down.

They lay into everyone during the dark times and once the good times come along they’ll act like they’ve been the biggest and most loyal fans, at their knees for the same players they spoke vile things about.

Only divide i saw last night was one side respecting possession , largely full strength , well drilled and virtually every bounce of the ball going there way . Manly , almost the opposite circumstances . Poor handling and ball control at times from from Marty , Parker Smalley , Bullemor , misdirected passing , hang on but they are not part of the so called disruptive 7 or is it 10 [ i am losing count ] so i guess that that type of below par play is acceptable then . Alioia and Sabb signing longer term deals recently , Koula still showing serious talent , Haumole largely still showing some power footy . Yeah sure , players who aren 't putting in and want out and the cause of Manly 's grossly under performing recently . Players and team seem to be just getting on with it , maybe , just maybe even with a depleted line up , the side might be able to get their mistake rate down and stop putting themselves under so much pressure and finish the season with a bit of respectability .

Disagree.

If it’s the divide most think it is , there’ll be a purge.

The strong group are the Captain and the Turbo’s , the latter having northern beaches blood flowing in their veins.

See my post immediately before this.
I think you're right Mark, the Turbos in particular seem to have a lot of pull. There may well be a purge if they don't think players want to stick around and give their all. Jake and Tom bust their bums every game and they won't stand for any grumble bum freeloaders. Josh A and Sipley might be part of that, who knows for sure. Haumole is still trying every game I reckon - he was certainly having a dig last night so it would surprise me if he wanted out. Particularly as someone else pointed out in another thread, that the Club stuck by Fainu for 3 years. The back line for mine is still pretty solid so talk of Garrick and Saab maybe wanting out would shock me. I reckon they can't wait for Tom to return next season coz he makes their footy lives top shelf. And Shoe surely wants to prove to all that he is the 5/8 we all want him to be. And I know Parks has some pace issues but he's also a northern beaches blood man and I love his courage with his straight runs. Anyway, that was a longwinded way of saying I agree.

Spot on @Eagle of London
Real fans go to the games and support the players and appreciate every Manly player who puts the jersey on.

This is going to be controversial but it’s true; there is good people that post on here but on the other hand this place is full of **** kickers who never go to games or support the club in anyway possible, they are negative in all facets in life and want to bring people and players down.

They lay into everyone during the dark times and once the good times come along they’ll act like they’ve been the biggest and most loyal fans, at their knees for the same players they spoke vile things about.
That was one of the real positives last night , still a healthy and very supportive home crowd and showing so much goodwill . and total respect and wraps to them , dishearting outcome again and supporters last night did deserve better but hopefully that type of dedication and goodwill can be reciprocated with some much better luck injury wise and competitiveness from the side next season and ongoing

Spot on @Eagle of London

This is a very good summation of Silvertails.

Whilst it’s a bit of fun it is infested with a lot of people who just sit on the sidelines in the good times and then go ballistic in the bad times.

I remember back when I was doing supporter trips I used to promote the virtues of Silvertails , most came for a look , most left stating the negativity is overwhelming.

I get that we get frustrated.

I get that we get negative ( I’m a prime example )

But what I don’t get is the personal attacks on players and each other at times.

As @Snake has stated , it’s a footy forum, yes by all means offer a critique on a player , bag him for a bad game , offer solutions , that’s a forum.

BUT, personal attacks on them or each other is a real no no.

Learn to disagree nicely , everyone won’t agree with this statement , that’s fine , we are all different and that makes the world go around.

But I see many times on here the disagreement becoming personal, that’s just bull**** in my opinion .

I think you're right Mark, the Turbos in particular seem to have a lot of pull. There may well be a purge if they don't think players want to stick around and give their all. Jake and Tom bust their bums every game and they won't stand for any grumble bum freeloaders. Josh A and Sipley might be part of that, who knows for sure. Haumole is still trying every game I reckon - he was certainly having a dig last night so it would surprise me if he wanted out. Particularly as someone else pointed out in another thread, that the Club stuck by Fainu for 3 years. The back line for mine is still pretty solid so talk of Garrick and Saab maybe wanting out would shock me. I reckon they can't wait for Tom to return next season coz he makes their footy lives top shelf. And Shoe surely wants to prove to all that he is the 5/8 we all want him to be. And I know Parks has some pace issues but he's also a northern beaches blood man and I love his courage with his straight runs. Anyway, that was a longwinded way of saying I agree.
There will be no purge. Come round 1 next year the pride fiasco will be consigned to the history books. We will be united and with everyone back on deck ready to go again.

There will be no purge. Come round 1 next year the pride fiasco will be consigned to the history books. We will be united and with everyone back on deck ready to go again.
That's what I'm banking on Eagle (and hopefully, all of us). I'm hoping we can get through our current injuries, have a strong pre season fitness wise, that Dessie gets a little more creative with his approach to our attack, we get our hard edge back in defence ........... and my hair stops falling out next season.

That's what I'm banking on Eagle (and hopefully, all of us). I'm hoping we can get through our current injuries, have a strong pre season fitness wise, that Dessie gets a little more creative with his approach to our attack, we get our hard edge back in defence ........... and my hair stops falling out next season.
You have hair left?

That’s why I say IF there’s a divide , I’m not convinced there is.

But IF there is we’ll know as a purge will take place.

When you come here to silvertails and see the anger. The vitriol. The down right nasty its easy to forget these people are a small small minority that are afforded a voice on social media. They moan, bitch and curse our players one minute and cheer like crazy people the next all under the guise of being 'real fans'....
It's a symptom of the anonymity provided to the less-brave by the internet, apparently. Just spotted this about young Jaxon Paulo getting bullied with abuse and even death threats, I hope they catch whoever sent them!

Interesting at the end it mentions Souths would cancel membership if they find them.

... Add to all the other contributing factors .... is the fact IMO, that we are just not a well coached and drilled football team . We lack direction, structure, patterns and character ..

We are at the end of Dessie's 4th year ... that's 4 years he has had to build a team ....

I think if the question was posed ... has he been successful? .... the answer is a resounding no.

Last edited:
... Add to all the other contributing factors .... is the fact IMO, that we are just not a well coached and drilled football team . We lack direction, structure, patterns and character ..

We are at the end of Dessie's 4th year ... that's 4 years he has had to build a team ....

I think if the question was posed ... has he been successful? .... the answer is a resounding no.
I think coaching has moved on , but maybe Des hasn’t.

He is undoubtedly a great man manager but I think he needs a really switched on bright assistant coach to handle attack / defence and leave him to team harmony and the public face of the team.

To be fair mate the Saints game we we're screwed by covid losing Jake, croker and Davey to covid.

Prior to the saints game

We looked good
Only for a couple of Brain explosions in the last 10 mins we beat the cows the 2nd best team in the comp. We got Melbourne we doesn't happen often and we hammered newcastle. We were gaining some real momentum considering turbo was gone.

Sadly after that we had the covid game and the jersey saga and we were done.

I still think the NRL should have let the 7 play in our home strip. Sonny bill was allowed to play without gambling and banking major sponsors on his jersey
100% ,also if we had F/T CEO at that point we could have made proper representation to the NRL sighting SBW case as to why the normal jersey should have been allowed or put off the rainbow round ,or at least if Penn was in the country he could have tried but alas no one at the helm cost us our season

He is undoubtedly a great man manager but I think he needs a really switched on bright assistant coach to handle attack / defence and leave him to team harmony and the public face of the team.

I understand people suggesting Des be elevated to a head of football role .... but I have seen nothing in Dessie's personality to suggest he would or could possibly delegate ...

It didn't work with Fulton ... it didn't work with Gould at penrith ... it doesn't look like it will work with Gould at Bulldog's... and Maninga as head of high performance at titans has sent them backwards at speed ..
And I think the chances of Des being successful in a similar role are about 300-1 ...

Somehow I can't see control freak Des going all in on that idea.

As individuals I don’t think the cows have a spectacular list. Payten just has them playing as a team. They have also had a good run with injuries this year. Certainly overachieved this year.
It's about the enthusiasm each and every Cowboys player shows on the field both in attack and defence, we on the other hand show nothing, we're flat and disinterested, maybe we need a motivator, someone who can get our players to want to win regardless of the opposition, at the moment we seem to run onto the field with a losing mindset, we've got some quality in our side that at the big clubs would be superstars but they're just treading water with us atm. As much as I respect Haslers past achievements it's obvious that he doesn't have the keys to unlock our potential, whether some or all of us like the idea, we need change at the top otherwise what we're seeing is what we'll continue to get

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8