Deep deep doo doo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You don’t get to coast on you laurels forever

Donny is past it as a trainer
Toovey was never a great coach
Luke Williamson was a deadset plodder
Des might be passed his use by date.

It’s cool, doesn’t make me less of a fan because I can admit these things
Just checking how much football related training or probably any training at all that you have been doing with Donnie lately?

We lack a forward leader ( prop) , that is assuming Jurbo is left at 13.

We need a strong forward more than we need a strike centre
Nailed. We over analyze a real simple game of inches at times, top for sides mostly hold the best big boys that revel in the tough stuff. Lazarus, everywhere he went so did the Winfield Cup. Who's our leader in the engine room that's going to dish out better than we are getting in that real tough stuff ?? Its no coincidence JWH is back to his best that Lodge is laying down the gauntlet for top dog and how good are they looking since that happened. Marty's pay packet hopefully will find us a couple.

Nailed. We over analyze a real simple game of inches at times, top for sides mostly hold the best big boys that revel in the tough stuff. Lazarus, everywhere he went so did the Winfield Cup. Who's our leader in the engine room that's going to dish out better than we are getting in that real tough stuff ?? Its no coincidence JWH is back to his best that Lodge is laying down the gauntlet for top dog and how good are they looking since that happened. Marty's pay packet hopefully will find us a couple.
At $850k you’d think so

Just checking how much football related training or probably any training at all that you have been doing with Donnie lately?

None, but I have two eyes that tell me we arnt fit. Not in our performance and not compared to the teams we play.

You think we look like a fit, well coached team do you?

I prefer not to make excuses for everything

Well, all the comments are valid and valued. We will not see any big signings in the off season...we have nothing left in the bank. What we have is what we got.

I am worried over next season with the players going going gone. So what we have left in some cases given injuries, we are screwed. The last few weeks plus the next will support this argument. I can not see us being anywhere close to top 6 next year.

It would be great for the club to reach out and tell us when we can recruit, and in which year.

After all it was members appreciation round.

At $850k you’d think so
none left mate, the club has upfronted payments in salary cap to open up contracts and new players in 2 years, this to me means we have ended our 5 year plan from 3 years ago, to grow in 2 more years then have a run in 5. Right now we couldn't even buy a ref, couldn't get chairs for a outdoor plastic setting.

none left mate, the club has upfronted payments in salary cap to open up contracts and new players in 2 years, this to me means we have ended our 5 year plan from 3 years ago, to grow in 2 more years then have a run in 5. Right now we couldn't even buy a ref, couldn't get chairs for a outdoor plastic setting.
So we just accept two years of running 15th / 16th ( or 17th )

What a **** show

None, but I have two eyes that tell me we arnt fit. Not in our performance and not compared to the teams we play.

Sorry mate - I don't think it is that easy to say where the blame lies for this season. At a guess I would think that while the fitness or otherwise of the squad might be questioned however there is some pretty concrete evidence that cant be overlooked. Injuries to Tom, Lawnton, Parker for weeks, Paseka for weeks and weeks, Boyle virtually all year has left us pretty short handed. Tom is our best player - not a doubt. Lawnton vital to our side given the role he plays. Two huge outs. Parker's defence over the last few weeks shows just how badly we miss him. Paseka is a talent... sadly a bit like Schuster - all talent and is he ever going to deliver but we really are short in the prop department so his absence has been huge when you consider the other plodders we have there - Keppie, Sipley, Boyle, KDL. again while Boyle is a plodder he does offer a bit of coverage in a position we lack depth. Big things were hoped for Keppie and Sipley this year they haven't delivered. Schuster also... a dud! He has offered us absolutely nothing all year. Last year he was great but his lack of form and effort this year has virtually meant he may as well not had a run this year so another huge hole compared to last year. Our forwards and this is in hindsight and especially our props have absolutely let us down. I for one thought Keppie might at least be that defensive prop who belts the opposition senseless. He can hit but he has proved to be a complete flop this year. We have been super unlucky with refs rorting us.. I think anyone would accept we were hard done by in a few games. We also dropped a heap of games that we shouldn't because we clocked off. In my view nothing at all about fitness... more the mental clocking off ie the Cowboys. I am sure in the offseason the whole program will be looked at including fitness. But to make claims that Donny is past it ... sorry mate I don't believe that. Our roster needs a huge overhaul first and foremost and the Boycott 10 absolutely did us no favours at all. Do we win that game against the Roosters with a full side.. I am pretty sure we do and with that confidence which I think would have put us in the 8 at the time who knows what happens. But that issue was the killer for us. Then you can add in the flakey form of DCE... growing pains of players like Tippytoes who faded badly over the last 6 or 7 weeks, Haumole who also faded, Aloiai - injured or suspended or leading the boycott... the backing of Fainu to keep the siblings... lots and lots of issues besides fitness. Are Des and Donny up to it still... I am not sure the jury is out I gather for one more year. But I have faith. Losing Davey, Foran, Walker and maybe Garrick....I tell you that is certainly testing my faith and belief. 4 of our best this year no doubt at all. We will see.

Last edited:
So we just accept two years of running 15th / 16th ( or 17th )

What a **** show
Mate it's not about acceptance, it would seem a reality. You can't let things out of your control affect you. Yes, you can be disappointed, frustrated. At the end of the day did you have any say in the decision, can you change any of these decisions. If the answers are no, then it's not about you, you should just say "ok" and move on. I spent many years worrying about what people thought of me, guess what, I realised no one thought of me in the first place because they were to busy worrying about their own sh&t. Life got way simpler after that.

Tuilagi would be on some type of reasonable coin to come over . Pretty sure that Paseka , Schuster, definitely Haumole , Saab , koula maybe even Tui upgraded . all signed longer term deals to 2024 and one more in Tui "s case i think . Wouldn "t be surprised if Garrick has been already upgraded . Maybe even with Keppie and Froggy , last season "s form would have been been taken into account when quite few upgrades would have influenced upgrades earlier this season maybe Lawton as well . Starts to add up even allowing for all of the exiting players .

Actually think that koula re signed until 25 , definitely would have been an upgrade . Some one mentioned young Latu Fainu "s contract was not on the official cap but why wouldn: " t it be Something like 1 . 2 mil over 4 years or something of this nature

I think we are fitter physically than we are mentally though !

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4