Deep deep doo doo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That was one of the real positives last night , still a healthy and very supportive home crowd and showing so much goodwill . and total respect and wraps to them , dishearting outcome again and supporters last night did deserve better but hopefully that type of dedication and goodwill can be reciprocated with some much better luck injury wise and competitiveness from the side next season and ongoing

I was shocked at the size of the crowd. I was expecting 8k at best. Crowds in general have been great this season. Can you imagine if the team had been playing good consistent footy the place would be packed every week. 🤞

It's about the enthusiasm each and every Cowboys player shows on the field both in attack and defence, we on the other hand show nothing, we're flat and disinterested, maybe we need a motivator, someone who can get our players to want to win regardless of the opposition, at the moment we seem to run onto the field with a losing mindset, we've got some quality in our side that at the big clubs would be superstars but they're just treading water with us atm. As much as I respect Haslers past achievements it's obvious that he doesn't have the keys to unlock our potential, whether some or all of us like the idea, we need change at the top otherwise what we're seeing is what we'll continue to get
I think that shows in our line speed. Some weeks we're bloody good and the team plays well. And the next it's terrible and I sit there thinking - what happened in a week. I reckon Turbo is the one that can control the enthusiasm. I just think back to that game when he went off at Paseka for not making that extra effort to cover a gap last year. Paseka really took it on board. Ok, he's a little inconsistent as well but I still think he felt it more than if DCE had said it to him. I just don't see that reaction from players when DCE tries to rally the troops. And I'm not trying to start a DCE bashing coz there are pros and cons to him - I'm just making comment about how we get some enthusiasm back into the team. Obviously winning helps but anyway .........

I think that shows in our line speed. Some weeks we're bloody good and the team plays well. And the next it's terrible and I sit there thinking - what happened in a week. I reckon Turbo is the one that can control the enthusiasm. I just think back to that game when he went off at Paseka for not making that extra effort to cover a gap last year. Paseka really took it on board. Ok, he's a little inconsistent as well but I still think he felt it more than if DCE had said it to him. I just don't see that reaction from players when DCE tries to rally the troops. And I'm not trying to start a DCE bashing coz there are pros and cons to him - I'm just making comment about how we get some enthusiasm back into the team. Obviously winning helps but anyway .........
Turbo isn't the answer to all our woes, even when he's playing how often do you see our forwards standing back doing nothing while Turbo is doing the hitups expected of them, little wonder he's broken so often, too much is expected of him, we seldom seem to have a game plan for either attack or defence, our defence particularly in our red zone is pathetic and so easy for our opponents to read and penetrate, we for the most part look unfit and unable to match it over 80 minutes with our opponents, it's all very concerning, I don't see us climbing out of this hole without serious change to our coaching and fitness training, we need fresh eyes and fresh thinking imo

Turbo isn't the answer to all our woes, even when he's playing how often do you see our forwards standing back doing nothing while Turbo is doing the hitups expected of them, little wonder he's broken so often, too much is expected of him, we seldom seem to have a game plan for either attack or defence, our defence particularly in our red zone is pathetic and so easy for our opponents to read and penetrate, we for the most part look unfit and unable to match it over 80 minutes with our opponents, it's all very concerning, I don't see us climbing out of this hole without serious change to our coaching and fitness training, we need fresh eyes and fresh thinking imo
Agree and sadly will not happen under Des , as others have intimated , he’s a control freak , you can bet the current assistants have little to say on his things roll.

Agree and sadly will not happen under Des , as others have intimated , he’s a control freak , you can bet the current assistants have little to say on his things roll.
Yeah, you're right, he's not the answer to fixing everything coz there's a few things that need addressing off the filed for sure. But at least on the field he seems to have a bit more respect from the players when he gets in to them. And I really hope someone has had a quiet word to him while he's been injured this time, not to take so much on and expect to be the game breaker every time. He needs to be thinking longer term. That's where I can only hope Des and the brains trust (if there is anyone outside of Des) can come up with some more creativity in our attack next year.

So what's the expectations on membership numbers next year? Will we see that dip after what's been shown this season?

Its really not that bad is it.

We have just run out of players and steam this year. Add in the jersey fiasco and MF and we find ourselves in a hole. So what. It happens.

We need to move on from the boycott. We need to move on from MF. We just need to move on. By bringing up the '7' all we are doing is adding to any perceived fracture.

Look at the cowboys last year. Lost 11 straight. Coach had lost parts of the dressing room. JT on the outer and loads of problems. Fast forward 12 months and life is sweet again.

We will bounce back. We will unite again.
Well said. But a few keep bringing up the magnificent 7 as the root of all ills within the club. Keep sharpening that axe! Truth is the wheels were falling off long ago before jersey gate. The major issues are, the half back is a headless chook, oldest halves combo in the game that lack game management, we don't have a 9, Des is too conservative, they look unfit with no line speed. And then there's the intellectual giants in management. But hey let's keep blaming the 7 🙄

I understand people suggesting Des be elevated to a head of football role .... but I have seen nothing in Dessie's personality to suggest he would or could possibly delegate ...

It didn't work with Fulton ... it didn't work with Gould at penrith ... it doesn't look like it will work with Gould at Bulldog's... and Maninga as head of high performance at titans has sent them backwards at speed ..
And I think the chances of Des being successful in a similar role are about 300-1 ...
"It didn't work with Gould at Penrith".......wow! I think it did mate. Look where Penrith are now & will be for a long time to come.

So we finish 11th

Deep deep do do would be 16th so I reckon the thread title should be “ deep do do “.
Mr Hankey Christmas GIF by South Park

"It didn't work with Gould at Penrith".......wow! I think it did mate. Look where Penrith are now & will be for a long time to come.

You mean after gould was pissed off and the coach he sacked re employed...

We are talking about coaching ... not 10 year Plans ..

I will start by saying that I am not anti Penn and I respect and appreciate what the Penn family have done for the club. However, it is clearly time for the Penn family to **** or get off the pot.

We've been mired in mediocrity for too many years now. Sure every few years there will be a finals appearance but that is inevitably followed by a **** year. We haven't be a serious premiership contender since 2013. Manly is barely treading water, we're going no where. It is so clear that our current roster and coaching staff is not going to get us beyond that mediocrity and difficult decisions need to be made. If the Penn family are serious then from the top down decisions need to be made on management, coaching, players and every aspect of the club and if need be then money needs to be invested to strengthen the club and put us back where we belong. If they are not prepared to do that then for the good of the club they should sell to someone who wants what we want and the business needs.

This club is more than just a business. No other business generates this much passion or concern from their customers.

Last edited:
So what's the expectations on membership numbers next year? Will we see that dip after what's been shown this season?
If we get good press on Schuster and Tom and on how good they are going in the pre season build up, followed by positive trial or trials. This usually gets the base enthused for the season ahead. Yes, I expect membership numbers to increase.

Must have been some good signs with the Flegg side the other day . Though someone mentioned that Latu Fainu came off early . Still like the prospects with Sykes and Tuitavake and Fifita apparently can go O K too . Maybe or looks like Des has some interest on how Shu may go as a 13 in giving him a reasonable stint there on Saturday but gee as much as i really hope he can find his best level again in whatever position , still looked quite a bit off the pace against the Sharks

So we finish 11th

Deep deep do do would be 16th so I reckon the thread title should be “ deep do do “.

Remember how people here treated me here when I said we'd come 11th? I'm actually tempted to go back and call each and every one of them out for their stupidity.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8