Deep deep doo doo

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Let’s define “ Deep deep do do “

A massive player revolt with 10 wanting a release.

We’ve run dead last for the first time in 75 years.

Our coach has walked out and we don’t have one.

We lose 5 regular first graders and are only getting 1 we know of ( sadly that’s a fact ).

Whilst my comment above suggesting it’s only “ Deep Do Do” was pretty tongue in cheek we aren’t yet a basket case.

The Pride Jersey fiasco will wash away given time , personally I don’t believe there’s the divide that all are saying , rather a realisation that the season is shot so they’ve just given up.

Our injury list is chronic , look at the top 4 none of them have this issue like we do.

Our coach is living in the 90’s, no doubting his ability but he has to accept some outside help with our attack and defence which is bottom 4 quality only.

Assuming there’s NOT a player revolt, and we don’t have 10 walk out , our youngin’s have another year under their belt and will get better.

To me it’s the forwards we are desperately short in , Props , running second rowers and yes of course a dynamic hooker.

Frog ( 11/10 from where he was to where he is ) isn’t the answer, maybe he’s our 14, maybe he plays the first 20 and just tackles his arse off , but he’s never going to win us games like others do.

Sandwhich is a loss , but wingers are replaceable, yes we’d miss his kicking but lets not waste salary cap on paying him a million a year fullback money.

So we certainly are in deep do do , but in reality I don’t think we are quite at the deep deep stage.

Must have been some good signs with the Flegg side the other day . Though someone mentioned that Latu Fainu came off early . Still like the prospects with Sykes and Tuitavake and Fifita apparently can go O K too . Maybe or looks like Des has some interest on how Shu may go as a 13 in giving him a reasonable stint there on Saturday but gee as much as i really hope he can find his best level again in whatever position , still looked quite a bit off the pace against the Sharks
Not so much worried about what Shu can or cannot do, this seasons gonskies. Our off season officially started after the Titans game, it's next season we're all focussing on now.

Let’s define “ Deep deep do do “

A massive player revolt with 10 wanting a release.

We’ve run dead last for the first time in 75 years.

Our coach has walked out and we don’t have one.

We lose 5 regular first graders and are only getting 1 we know of ( sadly that’s a fact ).

Whilst my comment above suggesting it’s only “ Deep Do Do” was pretty tongue in cheek we aren’t yet a basket case.

The Pride Jersey fiasco will wash away given time , personally I don’t believe there’s the divide that all are saying , rather a realisation that the season is shot so they’ve just given up.

Our injury list is chronic , look at the top 4 none of them have this issue like we do.

Our coach is living in the 90’s, no doubting his ability but he has to accept some outside help with our attack and defence which is bottom 4 quality only.

Assuming there’s NOT a player revolt, and we don’t have 10 walk out , our youngin’s have another year under their belt and will get better.

To me it’s the forwards we are desperately short in , Props , running second rowers and yes of course a dynamic hooker.

Frog ( 11/10 from where he was to where he is ) isn’t the answer, maybe he’s our 14, maybe he plays the first 20 and just tackles his arse off , but he’s never going to win us games like others do.

Sandwhich is a loss , but wingers are replaceable, yes we’d miss his kicking but lets not waste salary cap on paying him a million a year fullback money.

So we certainly are in deep do do , but in reality I don’t think we are quite at the deep deep stage.
Well said Mark, our front rowers really worry me, Paseka and Keppie are like brittle plastic they break easily, and Ailoi's been joining them in stages also. If this continues into next season who have we left, Sipley, goes well but only for 15 min. With back ups KDL and Boyle, that's if he's still with us. Well, we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed I guess.

Well said Mark, our front rowers really worry me, Paseka and Keppie are like brittle plastic they break easily, and Ailoi's been joining them in stages also. If this continues into next season who have we left, Sipley, goes well but only for 15 min. With back ups KDL and Boyle, that's if he's still with us. Well, we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed I guess.
Yep , whilst our backs are largely young ( and still learning ) really apart from a strike centre we aren’t too bad there , but the forwards are powder puff at best.

Josh A , can be good but boy also up and down.

Paseka , yeah I get all the plaudits but his nickname , Pillowseka is very apt.

Sipley , hot and cold , good for 15 minutes , yeah nah.

Jurbo , could be a Prop but then we’d need a 13.

Guaca , good kid , I guess Tuilagi ( is that how it’s spelt ) is his partner but who are their depth ??

Schuster , to 5/8 , fingers crossed but one less forward.

Tapau / Walker / Davey / Boyle all gone ( have I missed anyone )

That is a very VERY slim pickings.

Agree potentially we have a good front row rotation however they are rarely fit at the same time. Oh for a James Fisher Harris 🤔

Agree potentially we have a good front row rotation however they are rarely fit at the same time. Oh for a James Fisher Harris 🤔
If the Knights are going to steal Sandwhich then we should hold the line and demand Klemmer in return.

Yeah he’s probably past his very best but he’s be a significant upgrade on anyone else we currently have.

If the Knights are going to steal Sandwhich then we should hold the line and demand Klemmer in return.

Yeah he’s probably past his very best but he’s be a significant upgrade on anyone else we currently have.
I could handle that. He has been their best this year by a fair margin.

Explain where the money is for the cap, losing 4 players and possibly more for next season with o recruits, I DONT GET IT???

SmartSelect_20220822-133045_Samsung Internet.jpg

I get that’s the excuse , but in reality who are we upgrading

Guaca , yes ok
Saab , apparently, ok maybe
Koula , yes ok
Garrick ( maybe not if he’s going to the Knights)

Who else is deserving of an upgrade ???

Let’s not forget Marty was on $850k for 2022.

Plus we are losing , Foran , Davey , Boyle , Walker so let’s summise and add those up.

Marty 850
Foran 300
Davey 150
Boyle 150
Walker 350

That’s almost 2 million , boy those upgrades must be healthy

I get that’s the excuse , but in reality who are we upgrading

Guaca , yes ok
Saab , apparently, ok maybe
Koula , yes ok
Garrick ( maybe not if he’s going to the Knights)

Who else is deserving of an upgrade ???

Let’s not forget Marty was on $850k for 2022.

Plus we are losing , Foran , Davey , Boyle , Walker so let’s summise and add those up.

Marty 850
Foran 300
Davey 150
Boyle 150
Walker 350

That’s almost 2 million , boy those upgrades must be healthy

Hey, I'm with you.

The numbers do not stack up for me either.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8