[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

eaglebuzz

Bencher
But yes Hynes is a much stronger contender for this thread title and yet Maguire was hoodwinked into picking him even as Moses proved last weekend that he was the logical choice. Shame he didn't make his comeback from injury one week earlier.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
I have never understood that hate on DCE, he has single handily won Manly mores game then lost for us.

He has had some shockers in his time but so has Cam Smith, Billy Slatter and every other player.
As mentioned above if he was in the Storm system he would have won multiple premierships, Dally M awards and be a future immortal.
I'm glad he will be a one club player with Manly and it's unfortunate he will only win one NRL premiership at no fault of his own.
Hopefully when he hangs up the boots he will still be involved heavily in the club.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
I have never understood that hate on DCE, he has single handily won Manly mores game then lost for us.

He has had some shockers in his time but so has Cam Smith, Billy Slatter and every other player.
As mentioned above if he was in the Storm system he would have won multiple premierships, Dally M awards and be a future immortal.
I'm glad he will be a one club player with Manly and it's unfortunate he will only win one NRL premiership at no fault of his own.
Hopefully when he hangs up the boots he will still be involved heavily in the club.
Some fault of his own. His agitating for a pay increase mid-contract was the beginning of the end of the culture of Manly players taking unders to keep the team together.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Some fault of his own. His agitating for a pay increase mid-contract was the beginning of the end of the culture of Manly players taking unders to keep the team together.
Tbf, Manly prioritised Foz and Chez secured a lucrative contract elsewhere…
Foz told Manly to shove it, Manly did not want to lose both their gun young halves and the rest, as they say, is history…

I never blame a guy wanting the best return possible for his effort - NRL careers are short and Chez could have been playing on the Goldy (or somewhere else by now) for just as much coin… Manly could have had him cheaper (back then, he would still be on the same coin for the last 4-5 years) but they backed the wrong horse originally…

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not sure if anyone realised it wasnt NRL last night. Played well but this isnt a qld forum, its a manly forum

One interesting thing is i thought the blues forwards outplayed qld, were on top for long periods and yet DCE still ran the ball, hesitantly into the line. i have been told at least a million times that DCE can not do diddly unless his forwards dominate all game Other halfs still do, and last night he did. Well Golly it seems he can

His best move was out of dummy half again,

He never ever plays like that for manly. His good footy wasnt off set by incredibly poor options and decisions. Seems to have left his 3 clunkers a game at Dee why
Good player,but will he lead manly to glory. History says NO , results says no, games for qld dont count

Had a good game last night and may have actually earnt one of his MOM performances this season. BUT qld and manly are 2 very different things , and it seems dce approaches it that way and it gets lapped up

It seems to many DCE is more important to them than Manly and the teams results. Why else to we bang on so much about how he plays well elsewhere and how 16 other manly players are to blame for his lack of control or patience most weeks

pot officially stirred , putting my thick skin on now . Cant wait to be told 11 times today he won MOM in a losing GF. He did play well though that night.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
‘WORST halfback in the NRL’ is just embarrassing…
The rest is a matter of opinion, as we have previously debated mate…
Agreed. I have never said he is the worst, just posted in the thread like you although i have started some doozies, but how he plays at manly is everything
Halfback for dummies was one of mine
Ferris thread me also .

My opinion is he is not fit for purpose at manly, not a terrible player,
2 entirely different things. Maybe fit for purpose at qld, however he wasnt always and changed to lead, maybe he could do the same for us. You have to admit the 3 clunkers he has weekly isnt part if his qld demeanor

I just want to start the rebuild and not have to wait until he retires. Admittedly i wanted that when he was 27 also but for the same reason. We are just headed for more 10 -12 on the ladder, whats to lose.

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Agreed. I have never said he is the worst, just posted in the thread like you although i have started some doozies, but how he plays at manly is everything
Halfback for dummies was one of mine
Ferris thread me also .

My opinion is he is not fit for purpose at manly, not a terrible player,
2 entirely different things. Maybe fit for purpose at qld, however he wasnt always and changed to lead, maybe he could do the same for us. You have to admit the 3 clunkers he has weekly isnt part if his qld demeanor

I just want to start the rebuild and not have to wait until he retires. Admittedly i wanted that when he was 27 also but for the same reason. We are just headed for more 10 -12 on the ladder, whats to lose.
you have your view on cheers and you often make solid arguments to support that.As you know I’m a bit of a cherry fanboy, but in the end we both got the same thing

Gotta say, though the ferris take was a bit rough 😂

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
you have your view on cheers and you often make solid arguments to support that.As you know I’m a bit of a cherry fanboy, but in the end we both got the same thing

Gotta say, though the ferris take was a bit rough
It takes all types and that is both cool and ideal. Cherry has had many insipid performances in maroon and white I thought he had his best season last year in a long time and that makes bumping old threads more about agendas while cha cha is playing good.

Bit like this one TBH

What will the forum war about when he retires. Its the most talked about part of our game and every other teams , and so it should be.

Never ever have i seen a Manly player duvide opinion so much and by so far, in a manly only environment. Im just a symptom, a very naggy one, but a symptom

I do like talking footy with people who have different opinions, .I must say chatting with footy frankie instead if cranky franky is way better. it was meant as a compliment, enjoy your day

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
This thread aged well..........just like Cherry.

I can't remember who but someone even suggested letting DCE go and promoting Humphreys. Stop drinking the bong water now.
Not sure if you knew this , but drinking bong water wont alter your thinking, cloud judgement, maybe your stomach contents

Also 3 quiet games from chez and the haters will say, this thread aged well. Its a viscous circle on here. Stay tuned because history keeps repeating

Its kind of sad that anyone that disagrees is a hater. not on you MW66, best year to be born ever, just adding extra to the post

eagle66

Bencher
Premium Member
Tbf, Manly prioritised Foz and Chez secured a lucrative contract elsewhere…
Foz told Manly to shove it, Manly did not want to lose both their gun young halves and the rest, as they say, is history…

I never blame a guy wanting the best return possible for his effort - NRL careers are short and Chez could have been playing on the Goldy (or somewhere else by now) for just as much coin… Manly could have had him cheaper (back then, he would still be on the same coin for the last 4-5 years) but they backed the wrong horse originally…
What grated on me was not so much the time he was offered his multi$$ multi year contract (and I suppose good on him for that one) but in his debut year his manager had negotiated a contract worth peanuts and the manager then pushed for an upgrade and to the point that he will not train/play. That was what brought everything unstuck with Manly and the senior players.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Not sure if anyone realised it wasnt NRL last night. Played well but this isnt a qld forum, its a manly forum

One interesting thing is i thought the blues forwards outplayed qld, were on top for long periods and yet DCE still ran the ball, hesitantly into the line. i have been told at least a million times that DCE can not do diddly unless his forwards dominate all game Other halfs still do, and last night he did. Well Golly it seems he can

His best move was out of dummy half again,

He never ever plays like that for manly. His good footy wasnt off set by incredibly poor options and decisions. Seems to have left his 3 clunkers a game at Dee why
Good player,but will he lead manly to glory. History says NO , results says no, games for qld dont count

Had a good game last night and may have actually earnt one of his MOM performances this season. BUT qld and manly are 2 very different things , and it seems dce approaches it that way and it gets lapped up

It seems to many DCE is more important to them than Manly and the teams results. Why else to we bang on so much about how he plays well elsewhere and how 16 other manly players are to blame for his lack of control or patience most weeks

pot officially stirred , putting my thick skin on now . Cant wait to be told 11 times today he won MOM in a losing GF. He did play well though that night.
Fair comments.

MW66

Reserve Grader
Not sure if you knew this , but drinking bong water wont alter your thinking, cloud judgement, maybe your stomach contents

Also 3 quiet games from chez and the haters will say, this thread aged well. Its a viscous circle on here. Stay tuned because history keeps repeating

Its kind of sad that anyone that disagrees is a hater. not on you MW66, best year to be born ever, just adding extra to the post
Oh I know after a Manly loss and Chez kicks out on the full or something similar there will be some posters coming quick and fast. However, as I replied to this thread some time ago this thread is highly disrespectful to the current Manly and QLD captain, one of the current top players in the game (at 35). He gives 100% every time he takes the field. Hardly ever misses a game. THTA deserves respect. People say after a SOO game "oh he doesn't play like this at Manly". You know what - he basically does. If anything he a) does not have the same calibre around him; and b) he often tries too hard and pushes an outcome.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but please DCE is and will be a Manly legend.

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16