[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Nordburg

First Grader
If brisbane weren’t so desperate I would believe you, but if Des can let him go with Brisbane paying nearly full freight I reckon it is a goer.
The Broncos cap is just as whacked as Manly’s.They do have Milford coming off contract but then there’s the choice of re-signing him at a cheaper price or doing the stupid thing of taking on a 33 yr old DCE.Either way,both are currently struggling.

JBW

Reserve Grader
There's no speed in our play at all, we are way too slow and predictable from the moment we are tackled til the moment DCE recieves the ball, the defense is all over him like a rash. That being said, he's horribly out of form and has to stop the desperation plays and simplify his game. It's the only way to break a form slump. It's like a batsman at cricket when out of form, you're always wondering where your next run is coming from, he's just overplaying his hand too often hoping for the big play.

The reality is he isn't going anywhere, I'd play him in the 14 and start with Foz at 7 and Schuster at 6. Won't happen but really is what he needs. He can play the game, just needs to break the hero mentality.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Monday Buzz: Manly Sea Eagles lock in Daly Cherry-Evans succession plan

Daly Cherry-Evans comes off contract soon and the Manly Sea Eagles have a plan in place to fill his void in the halves.

3 min read
March 21, 2021 - 7:49PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s.../1b4213f17e147f20df4f5acd73bcef0f#share-tools

It is not all doom and gloom at Manly Sea Eagles despite two losses to kick off the season.
We can reveal boom five-eighth Josh Schuster has signed a new three-year contract with the club.
The Sea Eagles have also re-signed their outstanding edge forward Sean Keppie to a long term deal.
These are two of the game’s most outstanding young prospects.

The Schuster contract is special in that it puts to bed rumours he wanted out because he was being held back by Kieran Foran.
The 19-year-old is now under contract until 2024. Interestingly Daly Cherry-Evans comes off in 2023. By that stage Schuster will be ready to take over as the halves leader.

grassy

Bencher

Monday Buzz: Manly Sea Eagles lock in Daly Cherry-Evans succession plan

Daly Cherry-Evans comes off contract soon and the Manly Sea Eagles have a plan in place to fill his void in the halves.

3 min read
March 21, 2021 - 7:49PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

It is not all doom and gloom at Manly Sea Eagles despite two losses to kick off the season.
We can reveal boom five-eighth Josh Schuster has signed a new three-year contract with the club.
The Sea Eagles have also re-signed their outstanding edge forward Sean Keppie to a long term deal.
These are two of the game’s most outstanding young prospects.

The Schuster contract is special in that it puts to bed rumours he wanted out because he was being held back by Kieran Foran.
The 19-year-old is now under contract until 2024. Interestingly Daly Cherry-Evans comes off in 2023. By that stage Schuster will be ready to take over as the halves leader.
Agree mate. Although Foran is probably on his way out. He still has the brain and is a good little mentor for Schuster, and all at a good price too. Foran was and still is a tough player and Schuster can learn from him. I will even go out on a limb and say that all this was thought about before Foran joined and if so then i cant see what we have to loose. I thought foran tried his heart out against the bunnies as did walker and Marty. Walker made mistakes as did Marty, but i did notice they both did their best to bounce back to make up for it. That's all we can ask. As long as Walker keeps his head and does not act like a p...k then that's something. Weather he keeps his form then that's up to him. There were some positives though.

Bulli Eagle

Reserve Grader
No offence taken but this has gone on for too long and he still hasn't delivered consistently
I understand where you are coming from but he's hardly had a spine to work with to help him out. He's been our single point of attack (not counting turbo) for far too long and he cant do it all himself.
And to say he's the worst half in the comp is ridiculous

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I don't think DCE is close to the Worst half in the NRL, but I do think he pushes a top spot in the Most overrated category....well $$$ wise anyways.
Personally I reckon he is fairly gutsy, but his lack of leadership to lift his team mates when needed and give direction when the side is lost, is what dissappoints most and the sad part is, not through lack of trying...it's not in his ability checklist.
Thing is, players on this coin like the Thurstons, Lockyers ,Johns types earn that for coming up with big plays at key moments and apart from a few fg's to pinch a 1 point victory in a handful of games, have not seen it....maybe in fairness to DCE, it comes back to management where his inflated contract is far more than what he provides value wise on the field, which makes it the fault of not just the player, but mismanagement and signs the club is getting a few of these key contracts, badly wrong.

And yet ... they are ahead of us on the ladder

PSS ... and last time we played Panthers they put 42 points on us ... at least Dogs kept them to only 28 ...

PSSS ... Have another drink and stop trying to be smart .. your ill eguipped for the task
Somewhere amongst this post is some irony - can you spot it?

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I have no doubt he is a nice guy and articulate, I am not bagging the guy at all, but atm his play on field looks selfish and individualistic, whether that is born from no confidence in his team mates and feeling he has to do so on his own or otherwise, it is just the way it looks.
We need him to find some composure and form sooner than later.
It looks to me like he is in two minds all the time. He gets the ball and has a thousand scenarios going through his head. He thinks long pass, he thinks short pass, he thinks kick and ends up dying with the ball. It's a classic case of playing without confidence. He thinks he has to do it all and carries the weight of expectation firmly on his shoulders.

You often hear commentators say that good halves think 'run' first and if something pops up otherwise, go from there. So yeah, I reckon DCE should just start taking the line on to get some confidence back. He was a great 'eyes up' footballer in his early years...then when Foran left, all the organising was left up to DCE because he was playing inside of inexperienced and out of position players like Walker, etc. The best year he had was when Green steadied the ship.

Give him a few weeks to sort out a combination with Foran (training in the off-season does not compare to building a combination in battle) and go from there.

D

Deleted member 26876

DCE is being paid over a 1mil a season and value for money he is the worst half in the NRL. Usually plays well around origin time then kills it as the QLD half.
Exactly. The wild thing is that if we could sell dce and spend his money on two halves (for example 650K each), not only would our side be more balanced, but they would BOTH be playing better than dce is (even individually). Over the last two weeks, deadset, dce was been the worst performing half in the entire comp. There were certainly periods last year when he performed as bad, and 2018 had its fair share of dce madness.

The more you think about it (with even 300K halves, as well as Brooks, Croft and Hunt outplaying him), the more it becomes apparent in its insanity. Absolute waste of money, terrible for culture and terrible for the makeup of the squad and better performing junior halves with a small passage to first grade here.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17