[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
DCE isn't responsible for the contract he signed - that blame rests solely with the club. He is, however, supposed to be responsible for guiding the team around the park, getting repeat sets, leading the team and helping us to win games. And on those counts he's been failing miserably.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
DCE isn't responsible for the contract he signed - that blame rests solely with the club. He is, however, supposed to be responsible for guiding the team around the park, getting repeat sets, leading the team and helping us to win games. And on those counts he's been failing miserably.

DCE is part of the worst spine in the NRL (on current form). Right now he is failing in all aspects of his game, and I really wonder if he has the right skill set for a halfback under the new rules. I also can't see a viable alternative halfback of NRL standard in the entire squad.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It looks to me like he is in two minds all the time. He gets the ball and has a thousand scenarios going through his head. He thinks long pass, he thinks short pass, he thinks kick and ends up dying with the ball. It's a classic case of playing without confidence. He thinks he has to do it all and carries the weight of expectation firmly on his shoulders.

You often hear commentators say that good halves think 'run' first and if something pops up otherwise, go from there. So yeah, I reckon DCE should just start taking the line on to get some confidence back. He was a great 'eyes up' footballer in his early years...then when Foran left, all the organising was left up to DCE because he was playing inside of inexperienced and out of position players like Walker, etc. The best year he had was when Green steadied the ship.

Give him a few weeks to sort out a combination with Foran (training in the off-season does not compare to building a combination in battle) and go from there.
I labelled it bajivid and dce has been doing it for years. He is like my mum trying to work out which sibling was an ass so she gets a bit of all our names in a fluster. The dude has 6 ideas going on each play and screws up 7

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
If DCE was a computer you would reboot him. He has been playing with no vision and with no belief in those outside of him. IMO he must eradicate his change of mind and stepping back and coming back the other way as it stifles our attack and is easy to defend against. Good ball players think one play ahead not whilst it is happening. I wouldn't be surprised if those outside of him are becoming frustrated and jaded. I can't understand Des not getting into his head. Dropping him might do him the world of good and get him back on track.

eagle66

Bencher
Premium Member
I labelled it bajivid and dce has been doing it for years. He is like my mum trying to work out which sibling was an ass so she gets a bit of all our names in a fluster. The dude has 6 ideas going on each play and screws up 7
Maybe he is a 6 playing in the 7 jersey

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Maybe he is a 6 playing in the 7 jersey
There is only one person that can adjust the expectations on DCE and its DCE

He either performs like he is paid or gets paid like he prerfoms and no one can decide that but him. Its true he isn't up to the top job, but might be a good asssitant to the playmaking leader. Its up to him to deceide if he wants the top job or not.

You dont get both in the world without heat.

Many a person has realised after a promotion its not them and want to go back to the job they were comfortable with. its just about taking a small dent in the pride/ wallett to get some job satisfaction. This is the best case scenario for all concerned

He is stil going to eat

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
Is DCE a blue chip player - yes
Is he playing like a blue chip player - no

So what is wrong? Lack of quality halves in the past few years? Lack of trust in his outside backs?

I have no idea what the problem is but it seriously needs addressing NOW!

If DCE was a computer you would reboot him. He has been playing with no vision and with no belief in those outside of him. IMO he must eradicate his change of mind and stepping back and coming back the other way as it stifles our attack and is easy to defend against. Good ball players think one play ahead not whilst it is happening. I wouldn't be surprised if those outside of him are becoming frustrated and jaded. I can't understand Des not getting into his head. Dropping him might do him the world of good and get him back on track.
If turbo was a horse you would put him down!

Just sayin

There's no speed in our play at all, we are way too slow and predictable from the moment we are tackled til the moment DCE recieves the ball, the defense is all over him like a rash. That being said, he's horribly out of form and has to stop the desperation plays and simplify his game. It's the only way to break a form slump. It's like a batsman at cricket when out of form, you're always wondering where your next run is coming from, he's just overplaying his hand too often hoping for the big play.

The reality is he isn't going anywhere, I'd play him in the 14 and start with Foz at 7 and Schuster at 6. Won't happen but really is what he needs. He can play the game, just needs to break the hero mentality.
Dce needs to stand deeper if they are all over him. He doesn't adjust

It looks to me like he is in two minds all the time. He gets the ball and has a thousand scenarios going through his head. He thinks long pass, he thinks short pass, he thinks kick and ends up dying with the ball. It's a classic case of playing without confidence. He thinks he has to do it all and carries the weight of expectation firmly on his shoulders.

You often hear commentators say that good halves think 'run' first and if something pops up otherwise, go from there. So yeah, I reckon DCE should just start taking the line on to get some confidence back. He was a great 'eyes up' footballer in his early years...then when Foran left, all the organising was left up to DCE because he was playing inside of inexperienced and out of position players like Walker, etc. The best year he had was when Green steadied the ship.

Give him a few weeks to sort out a combination with Foran (training in the off-season does not compare to building a combination in battle) and go from there.
Looks like he has no combinations with his outside men.. Foran on the other hand knows exactly what he's doing. Very odd considering Foran is the new guy

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
In simple terms, DCE "feels" he has to do it all...complicating his own performance on the field.
The best operator's in ANY sport will delegate different roles/responsibilities to various players, in turn simplifying their own game and able to play to their strengths.
The players around him also tend to not take much responsibility and in fact, often eyes are on DCE to "make something happen".
Maybe he needs to bark more orders at his troops to take action, rather then feel responsible to throw the magic pass/kick or try the impossible...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18