[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Almost 3 years since this thread was started and we are still having the same conversation. Says it all really.

Was out last night so didn't watch the game, other than the extended highlights package today. I gather he was underwhelming again.

3 more seasons and then we can hopefully move on.

Johnno74

Reserve Grader
See the problem is when ur losing ,it's human to try and do it all urself ,I think Dce and Jake are both guilty of it ,my thought is it's because they care about the club

Bulli Eagle

Reserve Grader
Ive gotta say that, and no offence to the author, that the title of this thread is very disrespectful to a guy, who, like him or not, is OUR captian and someone that tries his guts out for our club each and every game.
Yes he may not get it right every game but he is in most peoples 1,2 and 3 (in our team anyway) each week. I also think that, rightly or wrongly, his contract value skews peoples view or opinion of him.
This may have been already covered in amongst the multiple pages of this thread (and i apologise if so) but i think especially now we need to support and have a bit of belief in him.
I'm confident we'll get our game right over time and it IS frustrating but eating your own is not going to fix it...
Anyway i know i'll cop some flak for this one but thanks for the rant anyway lol

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As @Ryan mentioned in another thread, shop him to the Broncos and pay some of the freight. Pay 200k of his salary.

Leaves us with 1.1mil to go shopping with. I’d throw 700k to 800k at Reynolds from Souths - 2 yr deal with a option of another year in favour of the club
700 or 800k at Reynolds?? Sounds rather optimistic.
If he doesn't stay at Souths he'll have several clubs offering a million, easy.

conanu

Bencher
Here is my conspiracy theory people, we will see if it plays out.
I can see Brisbane making a sneaky behind the scenes play for DCE, wouldn’t be suprised if his poor form is all part of the plan to play down his value so that Manly would consider letting him go and paying some of the freight. I like him and when he is on he is one of the best halves going but when it comes to money he will do what suits him best. He is currently a successful QLD captain and he knows if he goes to Brisbane at the end of his career it will get him back in the good books with the QLDrs and give him better options post career. Lets see if I am right I just think he is too smart and too good a player to play as badly as he has.

Tomay

Bencher
Let’s sell him and buy whoever the best half is this weekend. Or even better, the best young half in the Intrust Super Cup.

Des is a fool if he can’t see that this is how you win a premiership this season.

Bomb Voyage

Reserve Grader
It is in line with the rumblings that we may be shopping him around - word has it there’s been a phone call to Kevvie over the wknd

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Ive gotta say that, and no offence to the author, that the title of this thread is very disrespectful to a guy, who, like him or not, is OUR captian and someone that tries his guts out for our club each and every game.
Yes he may not get it right every game but he is in most peoples 1,2 and 3 (in our team anyway) each week. I also think that, rightly or wrongly, his contract value skews peoples view or opinion of him.
This may have been already covered in amongst the multiple pages of this thread (and i apologise if so) but i think especially now we need to support and have a bit of belief in him.
I'm confident we'll get our game right over time and it IS frustrating but eating your own is not going to fix it...
Anyway i know i'll cop some flak for this one but thanks for the rant anyway lol
No offence taken but this has gone on for too long and he still hasn't delivered consistently

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
LOL. He has 3 years to run on his contract - no one is buying from this shop

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20