[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

susan

Bencher
mate ben hunt is on 1.2mn

what are you smoking - you seriously think DCE is worse than hunt? basically the same wage..
Well find out next week. Hunt is a bit like DCE , hot and cold. DCE far better at his best but Hunt was great last night because he played the way Hook wants. Fast and direct.

We are 1.90 with the books next week against one of the pre season spoon favourites.I’m actually surprised -they were good last night.Thought they’d be clear favourites as they generally slaughter us down there and they have speed to burn against our pedestrian backs.

Next week will tell us a lot. But if Hunt plays like last night DCE has a lot of work to do.Love to see him play more fast and direct ..

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I probably should have reinforced that I don’t think he will be re-signed, because I doubt he will take a pay cut.

He may have no alternative as the next TV deal looks shakey and the game is broke, or close to it.

Only way he gets $1.3mil is a new franchise or Bronco's foot the bill.

I doubt Manly would offer him that same money, but may go close $1mil or $1.1mil might satisfy him.

Kevinward777

First Grader
And yet ... they are ahead of us on the ladder

PSS ... and last time we played Panthers they put 42 points on us ... at least Dogs kept them to only 28 ...

PSSS ... Have another drink and stop trying to be smart .. your ill eguipped for the task
Fair enough. I have a couple of serious questions for you though, Baz. Are the facilities up to scratch at Belmore? And do you have a list manager?

madmax

Bencher
benji was better than reynolds

i agree he's overpaid but i'd still put him in the 900k bracket. maybe 1mn. Minimum 800k.

i think everyone forgets the fat wages across the park...
Suli is on 550K - Joke
Taupau is reportedly on 750k - again joke
Jake - 950k... yes for the t brothers but his brother tom is still on a fat 1.1mn wage... probably his value assuming he plays a FULL SEASON

Isn't siro on 450k or something?
Josh Aloiai, although I like him, has rumoured to be on 600k - obscene money for a prop who isn't at the top of the list across the comp

Yes DCE is overpaid... 1.25mn.. agree... but so are many other eagles.
Jake on $950k is a joke, Tom on $1.1m is a joke. Suli resigned for less than $550k, Walker resigned for much less also, Marty is on average prop salary & he earns it as he’s our best forward by miles & his stats prove it. Yes DCE is not worth &1.3m...more like $950k.

Damien2812

Bencher
DCE needs to go and when that happens we can truely move on to the next generation. Yesterday was another embarrassing performance which as supporters have come accustom to over the years. DCE is on $1.3 million and never runs the ball and never plays direct football what he usually does is catch the ball rotate 360 degrees and passes that hospital ball to his team mate. I watched the game from the Jane try stand yesterday and that kick that went out on are full killed our momentum and not to mention DCE nearly concussed one of his team mates looking to kick the ball to the other side of the field. He needs to either play hooker or play at Blacktown to find some confidence.

Mataiforever

Bencher
Jake on $950k is a joke, Tom on $1.1m is a joke. Suli resigned for less than $550k, Walker resigned for much less also, Marty is on average prop salary & he earns it as he’s our best forward by miles & his stats prove it. Yes DCE is not worth &1.3m...more like $950k.
almost certain Suli was around 500k+. What source you got for salary?

Marty is on 700k+ which is by no means the average prop salary. Your best prop in the comp gets 800k and thats probabyl AFB and/or papalii.

Marty is no where near them although i do like him the times he aims up is few and far between. hope he gets his offload game back consistently. I'd have him off the bench and use his tough running game rather than let him get too bogged down in the grind as he just doesn't have the engine compared to some other props IMO.

also never said anything about walker. dunno what his salary is i thought it was like 400-450k... again lets hope he turns up as still not worth that as of yet.

madmax

Bencher
almost certain Suli was around 500k+. What source you got for salary?

Marty is on 700k+ which is by no means the average prop salary. Your best prop in the comp gets 800k and thats probabyl AFB and/or papalii.

Marty is no where near them although i do like him the times he aims up is few and far between. hope he gets his offload game back consistently. I'd have him off the bench and use his tough running game rather than let him get too bogged down in the grind as he just doesn't have the engine compared to some other props IMO.

also never said anything about walker. dunno what his salary is i thought it was like 400-450k... again lets hope he turns up as still not worth that as of yet.
Pretty sure Suli resigned for less than $500k....was mentioned in a report of how he owed Manly & Des for sticking by him when injured. I think St George we’re offering $1.8m for 3 years for him & he sacrificed something like $350k to resign with Manly.
AFB & Papalli are on over $800k & Paulo is not much less. Marty is on similar to other props but agree on the higher end.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Doesn't DCE's contract have a "ratchet" clause, where it increases by the same percentage the overall salary cap increases each year?

If so I imagine it would be a pretty tangled web of legalese & binding terms to unweave in order to sign him for less, in the event he agreed to it.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
We are not currently getting value for money, and haven't for a while.

But he is no where near the worst halfback in the comp.

And who do you replace him with, whilst also paying a chunk to another club if we offload him.

Fact is, we are tied to DCE for the next few years, and need to find a way to make it work.
Its this kind of thinking that got us into this position in the first place. Thinking there is no one better elsewhere.. Sam walker hasn't even played NRL and looks like he is better from what I have seen

Mataiforever

Bencher
Pretty sure Suli resigned for less than $500k....was mentioned in a report of how he owed Manly & Des for sticking by him when injured. I think St George we’re offering $1.8m for 3 years for him & he sacrificed something like $350k to resign with Manly.
AFB & Papalli are on over $800k & Paulo is not much less. Marty is on similar to other props but agree on the higher end.
so 1.8m - 350k = 1.45m --> 483k
Pretty well 500k and big money when he's not really done anything lately. His rabbitohs destruction end of 2019 would be worth a fair bit more than 480k but he was playing for a contract then.... seems too comfortable now

Question - would you offload taupau in order to get a gun 2row such as crichton?

KNUCKLES

Bencher
Certainly worth some consideration putting DC E at 9 but doubt that Des would do that , maybe too big a workload as well and having the highest paid player having a rest on the bench , probably not ideal. Even reverting back to half would disrupt Foz and Schuster as halves but having some arrangement with D C E , Foz and Schuster as part of the spine for a good portion of a game would have some appeal . Have already suggested it actually
He might be the highest paid player but he isnt the best player. Some time on the pine might do him and us both some good

KNUCKLES

Bencher
So like 480-490?? Lol

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Its this kind of thinking that got us into this position in the first place. Thinking there is no one better elsewhere.. Sam walker hasn't even played NRL and looks like he is better from what I have seen

So you are saying, we as a club, can afford to offload DCE to another club, whilst also paying a chunk of his salary for him not to play for us, whislt also being able to poach Sam Walker from the Brown paper bagged Roosters.

Lol. Ok mate.

qldeagle

Bencher
He may have no alternative as the next TV deal looks shakey and the game is broke, or close to it.

I doubt Manly would offer him that same money, but may go close $1mil or $1.1mil might satisfy him.
I've got $7.50 in my back pocket. I do want change though.

madmax

Bencher
so 1.8m - 350k = 1.45m --> 483k
Pretty well 500k and big money when he's not really done anything lately. His rabbitohs destruction end of 2019 would be worth a fair bit more than 480k but he was playing for a contract then.... seems too comfortable now

Question - would you offload taupau in order to get a gun 2row such as crichton?
Our other props are still young & need an old head so probably not. I think Olakau’atu will be a gun 2rower. I agree we need some depth in the back row. Crichton wouldn’t come cheap? I feel we’re covered for forwards but a backup FB would be nice??

KNUCKLES

Bencher

We would be stupid to give him anything near a million again.. 500k at best. He will be 34 years of age.

madmax

Bencher
Doesn't DCE's contract have a "ratchet" clause, where it increases by the same percentage the overall salary cap increases each year?

If so I imagine it would be a pretty tangled web of legalese & binding terms to unweave in order to sign him for less, in the event he agreed to it.
Don’t forget the salary has been reduced from this year until further notice. So If DCE’s salary goes up as the cap increases then should go down as the salary cap has decreased hahaha.

KNUCKLES

Bencher
So you are saying, we as a club, can afford to offload DCE to another club, whilst also paying a chunk of his salary for him not to play for us, whislt also being able to poach Sam Walker from the Brown paper bagged Roosters.

Lol. Ok mate.
Sam walker was just an example not saying he would be the target.. and yes we can afford it. DCE 1.3 mil.. Reynolds 800k.. again another eg.. do the maths.. its more than plausible.. just need some men to make some tough decisions..the club will be better for it when they turn up

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 26 15