[Resurrected] DCE is the worst halfback in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

susan

Bencher
Club has got to realize how much you pay them is irrelevant when it comes to selecting a team.
Totally relevant in planning a roster but once you’re top thirty is locked in it is simply a case of what is best for team. DCE is fittest bloke in side. He would play 80 at 9 and if he did need a rest he gets a rest. What he is paid is the last thing that matters while we are on the field and if 1.3 mill is sitting on the pine for a rest so be it.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting a different result.

We, as a club, haven't tried anything different to make it work.

Foran could be the answer, but he didn't get anywhere near enough ball yesterday for my liking....and in all honesty, when a player is getting paid 1.3mill or whatever it is, how much more "help" can we afford to give him.
Going back to the future won't work, we had a totally different squad when it worked. When both DCE and Foran became free agents the club chased Foran and were prepared to let DCE go, DCE was going to sign for 750k but the club had to offer him overs to backflip on the Titans when Foran decided to sign with the slime.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
DCE has been this bad for ages. In recent years he has just thrown a miracle pass and backed up some breaks to look flashy. Currently no breaks no flashy finishes and the rest of his game is laid bare . And its nothing.

The game is not a highlight reel but the plays that build up to them. He is employed to be that man and shirks his role

If you forget the role he is employed to play and his pay packet. He goes alright at best. If you add those other things to the equation, he is a stinker

He had a few interviews in the offseason saying how happy he was to have foran back so he could run the show ( in other words take responsability ) and i think thats the attitude he has taken into this season and he is poorer than ever. Soon it will be toms job

The props are playing well with a unrecognised hooker, but DCE cant . Very strange considering his standing in the game. 8 year contract, kick off the shoes, sit back and smile. Form........nah

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Des played 9, why cant DCE?
Also, what options will the new Brisbane team have? Is it a realistic possibility that they'd want DCE?

Moops

Bencher
This thread was started 3 years ago and we haven't made it work, what makes anyone think it's going to change?
We are stuck until he is off our books unfortunately. Hopefully the club doesnt shoot itself in the foot with another undeserving million dollar plus contract to another player.

manly al

First Grader
Des played 9, why cant DCE?
Also, what options will the new Brisbane team have? Is it a realistic possibility that they'd want DCE?
That "s proposed in 2023 i think , Daley"s last contract [ current ] season at Manly . Certainly hope that his form will lift big time and on a more consistent basis by that time for Manly however

manly al

First Grader
DCE has been this bad for ages. In recent years he has just thrown a miracle pass and backed up some breaks to look flashy. Currently no breaks no flashy finishes and the rest of his game is laid bare . And its nothing.

The game is not a highlight reel but the plays that build up to them. He is employed to be that man and shirks his role

If you forget the role he is employed to play and his pay packet. He goes alright at best. If you add those other things to the equation, he is a stinker

He had a few interviews in the offseason saying how happy he was to have foran back so he could run the show ( in other words take responsability ) and i think thats the attitude he has taken into this season and he is poorer than ever. Soon it will be toms job

The props are playing well with a unrecognised hooker, but DCE cant . Very strange considering his standing in the game. 8 year contract, kick off the shoes, sit back and smile. Form........nah
He had some reasonable form last season , following some years of good to very indifferent form just don't know what the problem is now , it is not as if he is in the rookie category

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Seems to me that his poor form over the past 2 seasons coincides with a new coach and a new flat style attack ...

Would like to see him with some depth out wider ...

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
If only we had Barrett coaching him. The Dogs attack was sublime against Penrith.

And yet ... they are ahead of us on the ladder

PSS ... and last time we played Panthers they put 42 points on us ... at least Dogs kept them to only 28 ...

PSSS ... Have another drink and stop trying to be smart .. your ill eguipped for the task

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Seems to me that his poor form over the past 2 seasons coincides with a new coach and a new flat style attack ...

Would like to see him with some depth out wider ...

If we accept his form has only been bad for 2 years, do we also accept that he was the recipient of good moments created by others . When other stop providing him opportunities he stops shining. The irony is that its his role to make others shine

We have done nothing but complain about centres and wingers on here for years for playing outside of him. Coincidence or symptom

Why is there such a win loss disparity without tom when its DCE job to drive the team

Also a good search on silvertails will result much of the same criticism of DCE for at least 4 years. Im not saying we should use silvertails as a borometer but surely this is more than a coincidenece if they are saying the exact same things.

While everyone is different ive seen very few posters rag on the team for no good reason. Its a club and they do dumb ****

Maybe des and Dce are not the greatest fit but if one has to go, i know who i want to lose.

How do you push an underperforming player with an iron clad contract that even if you axe him and pay him out it stills leaves you behind in cap. No one will pay above 750 which still leaves us mega bucks behind in cap

There is no solution to DCE that others can provide. Its all about him and his personal integrity. No one else. Its his legacy now

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 26 15